Jump to content
Trinity1776

Those crazy neighbors...

Recommended Posts

Re The Stepford Bots, if anyone sees some recently created avatars dressed in starter outfits lurking around  in parcels in Belli, named BelliVicky and BelliBunny, (highly suspicious!!), they are me and I am them we have done a mind merge :D  they were my Xmas present to help me land a new Victorian home because "I deserve good things.  I am entitled to happiness.  And dog-gone it, people like me".  This is the affirmation me and my alts repeat every morning while gazing adoringly at our lovely selves in the mirror [our role model is Stuart Smalley].   The unfortunate thing is after landing the Victorian in December and playing the Game of Homes for other types of housing, my extra alts have been very patient and persistent and wound up with a couple of stunning abandoned parcels which are going to be really hard to give up, don't want to abandon in haste and repent at leisure...New decisions for the New Year!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be wiser to have people im you for the slur instead of posting it public. I can understand posting the region     but exact slur ,,,, may  get you in trouble.???   By posting the slur public they could say you deliberately shamed or humilated them  ,,,,,,,,  but those who want to do the ar and go see for themselves //for your own safety just im   privately if you want to get the slur ,,,, 

  If they have no clue they were  in some way in violation they usually get it handled asap ,,,, i know i had i tree to high and a kind neighbor im me and let me know and i was so grateful  ,,,,, and   now  i alway check my heights on stuff///  fence height trees ,,,,  

   

As for the pics  i see no reason why it would be a problem ......

...... since you are not posting the direct slur publically . It could be anywhere and belong to anyone so .... posting the region    no slur should  be   ok        note sky pads/ sky junk  /  skyboxes  that are way below    seriously need to be addressed.   

I have seen that some of the  questionable  items placements the owners etc have been in sl a long time and know the rules ,

    The one thing i was told is when you do an ar  it stays private so unless you tell  you ar ed no one but support ///lindens know who did the ar .... I just im the owner and let them know i copy the part of covenant and send it to them and let them know they need to move the sky pad or sky box up to 2000 above so they do not get in trouble . Most of the time it gets moved or i get an im  and all  good ,,, there have been times no im for days but they are on line  and items still there ,,,,, 

Remember do everything with kindness ,,,, and if they get saucy w you it was not  your test...it was  theirs ,,,,,  its not the problem that is the problem  but  it is how one  handles the situation that can become a problem. 

 

 

Edited by roseelvira
key board probs ,,,, words not being placed in correct spot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Malayaa said:

 BelliVicky and BelliBunny.... a couple of stunning abandoned parcels which are going to be really hard to give up, don't want to abandon in haste and repent at leisure...New decisions for the New Year!

I'm confident I've seen at least one of your alter ego's name's on some amazing property somewhere.  And good for you, why not have a little house hunting fun.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Might be wiser to have people im you for the slur instead of posting it public. I can understand posting the region     but exact slur ,,,, may  get you in trouble.???   By posting the slur public they could say you deliberately shamed or humilated them  ,,,,,,,,  but those who want to do the ar and go see for themselves //for your own safety just im   privately if you want to get the slur ,,,, 

  If they have no clue they were  in some way in violation they usually get it handled asap ,,,, i know i had i tree to high and a kind neighbor im me and let me know and i was so grateful  ,,,,, and   now  i alway check my heights on stuff///  fence height trees ,,,,  

   

As for the pics  i see no reason why you it would be a problem ............ since you are not posting the direct slur publically . It could be anywhere and belong to anyone so .... posting the region    no slur    is ok      like sky pads/ sky junk  /  skyboxes  that are way below   that need to be addressed.   

I have seen that some of the  questionable  items placements the owners etc have been in sl a long time and know the rules ,

    The one thing i was told is when you do an ar  it stays private so unless you tell  you ar ed no one but support ///lindens know who did the ar .... I just im the owner and let them know i copy the part of covenant and send it to them and let them know they need to move the sky pad or sky box up to 2000 above so they do not get in trouble . Most of the time it gets moved or i get an im  and all  good ,,, there have been times no im for days but they are on line  and items still there ,,,,, 

Remember do everything with kindness ,,,, and if they get saucy w you it was not  your test...it was  theirs ,,,,,  its not the problem that is the problem  but  it is how one  handles the situation that can become a problem. 

 

 

True - should post Region rather than the exact SLURL.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Hmmmm....

ad4092fe63132232018f5cca309d2050.jpg

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Waves of Rugwick/111/111/23

They are all between 106 to 108 days old...

Are most of these default Avi Outfits? (The one with high boots I'm guessing not).   In the past, I've seen Avi's dressed exactly like these camping out on land that hadn't been released, but later on I'd see them own LH's too.  So, maybe they're someone's alts for house hunting, region they were on bumped them here, or (regarding other photos) their cloths didn't fully rez?  Unless an Avi's profile is offering a service that's not appropriate, performing acts reserved for an adult region,  or seriously dressed inappropriately for the region (guessing that's not even a thing in Belli ),  should a complaint be made because there is a group of them that don't reply, aren't constantly moving or are fairly new?   I know in the past, people used "bots" for sitters and mining L's but I've no idea what they are used for today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mitch Merricks said:

I know in the past, people used "bots" for sitters and mining L's but I've no idea what they are used for today.

Tiny Empires.

It's basically a game where you fill a region with bots to do something with a website or whatever... or so it appears from the outside.

These are not bots in front of homes - they're camping the waters.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings all!

Just some clarification for everyone.  Multiple open AR's all get merged into one, and are handled in the order they are received, oldest to newest.  

Mass AR'ing wont have any impact on how quickly the Governance Team addresses the reports and will have absolutely zero impact on any actions that are taken against the avatar that has had an Abuse Report filed against them. 

Abuse Reports, like Marketplace Reports, are not a "popularity" contest with Linden Lab deciding what actions happen based on the number of "votes" (Abuse Reports filed).  

If you wish to post screenshots to try to find out if something on a LH violates the covenant or other policies, then please continue to do so.  However, if this thread is going to be used strictly to call out others as a way to name and shame without using the parcel owners actual name, then this thread will be closed or removed, so we strongly encourage everyone not to do that. 

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That rotating and flickering 😵 light appears to be within the borders of the owner's parcel. Ok so far. But it can be seen from far away and is most likely highly annoying for anybody having parcel nearby. It's not particles, it's an actual object, so turning particles off in the viewer does not hide it. It can be de-rendered in some third party viewers. Linden Lab viewer does not have that option, so the users of that viewer cannot hide that distraction from their view. 🤷‍♀️ Is it violating the covenant or not I wonder?

2020-01-14_rotating-light.thumb.jpg.21865ed531fc80470e432c25bc4449cd.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

That rotating and flickering 😵 light appears to be within the borders of the owner's parcel. Ok so far. But it can be seen from far away and is most likely highly annoying for anybody having parcel nearby. It's not particles, it's an actual object, so turning particles off in the viewer does not hide it. It can be de-rendered in some third party viewers.

To my knowledge you'd want to look at either the rule about light being inside the parcel (this doesn't look like light, but does it broadcast light?), or the 15m limit.

Fullbright, much as many dislike it, isn't in the covenant. For that... it becomes 'theme fit'...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my current Coral Bay look:

1c544cc9988dab839e89e4fb5f2aaeb1.jpg

So...

Am I going too far with that? Have I become "one of those crazy neighbors"

That fog shows when the sun is down, and for about 1 "SL day cycle" hour before/after. It then vanishes. It's made with a particle fog emitter and stays inside the plot and at this height.

It was basically an experiment to see if I could figure out how do it... I'm not deeply attached to it, no offense if I'm told "that's a bit too much". Rather... I am hovering on the fence of "perfect for the area" vs "too much for the area".

It was inspired by visiting Pyri Peaks and finding myself in a fog.

A few minutes later when the 'sun was out enough to burn off the fog':

606574e4ef5c042fc1dd1499707de52e.jpg

 

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

So...

Am I going too far with that? Have I become "one of those crazy neighbors"

That fog shows when the sun is down, and for about 1 "SL day cycle" hour before/after. It then vanishes. It's made with a particle fog emitter and stays inside the plot and at this height. It was basically an experiment to see if I could figure out how do it... I'm not deeply attached to it, no offense if I'm told "that's a bit too much".

It was inspired by visiting Pyri Peaks and finding myself in a fog.

The fog wouldn't bother me - maybe if it was encompassing the entire parcel so that the boat wasn't visible, but otherwise it is fine. 

IMO, it is not out of theme -- except maybe to those folks that only think of houseboats as tropical beach stuff - but I highly doubt LL would call it out of theme or obnoxious at all.

I think it is inspired and artist.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

This is my current Coral Bay look:

1c544cc9988dab839e89e4fb5f2aaeb1.jpg

So...

Am I going too far with that? Have I become "one of those crazy neighbors"

That fog shows when the sun is down, and for about 1 "SL day cycle" hour before/after. It then vanishes. It's made with a particle fog emitter and stays inside the plot and at this height. It was basically an experiment to see if I could figure out how do it... I'm not deeply attached to it, no offense if I'm told "that's a bit too much".

It was inspired by visiting Pyri Peaks and finding myself in a fog.

 

I think that looks great!

I don't really worry too much about what is on other's parcels.  I derender things if I need too.  My TH is far away enough from most neighbour's.  When I am at home I am only interested in what i can see within my parcel when i walk around my parcel.   Not everyone is going to decorate their yards the same way as everyone else.  And their choices might not be what I would pick, but I am sure I have things that people don't want to look at on my parcel.  If someone wants a pink palm tree with the houseboat then good for them who I am to say that it is not "in theme" or "not tasteful".   And if you want a little bit of fog then I say nothing wrong with that either.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am all for creativity but i do not understand why my neighbour has taken a perfectly nice (and not inexpensive) bedroom set and EDITED it so that it is full bright. ditto her bathroom. it is baffling. but it is my own fault for camming, i suppose.

she hasn't done anything with the garden, for which i am thankful.

i cannot claim the moral high ground because one time i left a full bright pot plant on my porch for a week because i had neglected to check how it looked at midnight. in my defence, the pot plant was no mod and i removed it as soon as i realised. if anyone AR'd me for it, it must have been gone by the time the lindens came to check.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, usagihara said:

i am all for creativity but i do not understand why my neighbour has taken a perfectly nice (and not inexpensive) bedroom set and EDITED it so that it is full bright. ditto her bathroom. it is baffling. but it is my own fault for camming, i suppose.

Is it possible the item was sold with fullbright on and they just left it on?

If you use a daytime windlight all the time, you might never notice that you're shining high-beam head lights at the world and screaming "come at me bro!" at everyone... :P

Back when I was newer I had some fullbright stuff out for months before I knew the difference. Still happens now and then...

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, if people are selling hud-controlled mesh as full bright these days i stand corrected, but there are also full bright photos and even curtains so i think she just likes the effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, usagihara said:

but there are also full bright photos and even curtains so i think she just likes the effect.

It might be she is running SL with the absolute minimum settings and isn't seeing it. Certainly 11-12 years ago when i first started with a machine not cut out for SL playing around with full bright & glow i couldn't see the effect and left it maxed out but a friend could and they wondered if i'd meant to do it

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, usagihara said:

well, if people are selling hud-controlled mesh as full bright these days i stand corrected, but there are also full bright photos and even curtains so i think she just likes the effect.

That's always unfortunately possible. Not sure of the best remedy.

There is one houseboat addon that in fact DOES have external full bright doors. 3 neighbors of me have it and only 1 realized and turned off the fullbright. None of them are in my normal line of site so after mentioning somewhere I just let it go.

You can try to AR on the grounds of:

Quote

  *Linden Homes should be kept presentable and in-theme to their unique areas.

  *Residents may decorate the interior of their house to their liking. The exterior should always remain in theme out of consideration for your neighbors.

  *Lights or particles on your parcel should not extend into your neighbors parcels or houses.

I'm pretty sure 'light' is only an actual light... but I thought I'd mention it anyway...

Fullbright is one of those things that is going to end up being very subjective... depending on all kinds of things...

 

Personally I have found the people who use it don't realize what it looks like to others because their own graphics settings are either lower or locked to a set time of day. Often if you can find a way to build a relationship with such a person and show them about windlight... they'll naturally start to favor not using fullbright for things other than actual lights.

But if I felt I had to file an AR, circumstances depending it would be one of those categories... realizing that this is one area where the final result is not 'cut and dry'.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that's.... not even close to being "in theme". It's almost like people are competing to see if they can get photos of their creations posted in this thread. 😮

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Well, that's.... not even close to being "in theme". It's almost like people are competing to see if they can get photos of their creations posted in this thread. 😮

In RL though, there are truly Diners on water.  I'm not so sure how LL would rule on that.

I don't think I'd want to live next to it, but there are lots of things that I wouldn't want to live next to that are out there.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Fullbright is one of those things that is going to end up being very subjective... depending on all kinds of things...

Personally I have found the people who use it don't realize what it looks like to others because their own graphics settings are either lower or locked to a set time of day.

not fullbright... but still fugly .. my neighbours in the back :) .. i'd dim the green a bit  😎
( hope they'r not reading here and wait for me behind a tree)

569ec2128fb207a76190ebfaa30f7f06.jpg

Edited by Alwin Alcott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

That looks like an error... that parcel really the wrong shape? Might need a support ticket.

 

what's the error? .. the campers only have 512   :)  the outline of the parcelborders show it's normal

my  "parcel to small" i meant for thém and their activities :)

Edited by Alwin Alcott

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...