Those crazy neighbors...

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

43 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

To be fair, I'm not understanding your point, either. 

You're using 'theme' as a way to police other people's sense of style and genre. And I would argue that is not what it is intended for.

I've stated an actual set of examples of what I think it should be for - you could disagree with them, but to say you don't understand them means you do not wish to actually engage...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Evarne said:

I think it would just be nice if people did rezz what they wanted to but bear their neighbours in mind to make it nice for everyone.

The problem is that they DO think it's nice for the neighbors, or at the very least, isn't bothersome. Your neighbors undoubtedly thought their emitters and glowing trees were gorgeous. 

If that thing above were next to my boat I would AR it, not for being over 15 meters, but for being completely out of theme. Whoever that belongs to, though, obviously thinks it's perfectly fine, and apparently so do some others. 

It's all subjective and the only true authority lies with LL. The covenant specifically says "in theme". 

I liked the flying whale. I don't like the steampunk airship. I don't mind something being over 15 meters as long as it's something like. I wouldn't want a swamp next to my boat. There is probably someone who doesn't like the the Victorian brothel I made and wouldn't want to live next to a house of ill repute. 

At least one Linden and one Mole have already come through this thread with requests that these things be ARed rather than posted for glory/shame here. It's just a matter of time before a regular poster has their parcel posted here with a "Can you believe he/she/they did that and think it's tasteful and/or in theme and/or not a covenant violation?!" and the already loose wheels will come flying off the wagon. 

I'm ready.

tenor.gif.192e64e7aa3f90d1654b7b0bde37fa09.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

You're using 'theme' as a way to police other people's sense of style and genre. And I would argue that is not what it is intended for.

I've stated an actual set of examples of what I think it should be for - you could disagree with them, but to say you don't understand them means you do not wish to actually engage...

When more than one person is not understanding your point, maybe the problem is not with those persons' ability to read, but in how you have worded your examples. At any rate, I think that steampunk monstrosity is hideous. If that makes me "policing other people's sense of style", then so be it. It's heinous and I'm glad I don't live anywhere near it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Evarne said:

I do agree with you Beth and that's why I think communication might go a long way. A Victorian brothel, that may have been more popular with neighbours before 'Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with others' disablement was a thing 😂

Don't tell anyone but the walls inside are absolutely littered with Victorian erotica and that's why I can only post photos of the kitchen here!

There might be a teddy bear, too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

lol... I knew I should have devoted some space to Victoria gay erotica! Perhaps I'll switch some things around!

Don't encourage him... I already had to smooth things over with the police over the drowning man outside his camper.  Maybe he was an escapee from a gay erotic victorian brothel who had been trafficked.......  (Oh god I watch too many crime series on netflix) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1471 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.