Gopi's Christmas/Holiday Giveaway!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Congrats to @LexxiXhan!

As to the other (negative) stuff, I didn't want to say anything before the contest ended for many reasons. I didn't want to sound like I was trying to suck up was the biggest one. Now I can just say what was on my mind:

As long as you are operating under the LL rules for posting, you do you, Gopi and everyone else. Other than the official rules, there are no uniform set ways to be here. You can argue that there are still the general Internet rules, like DON'T WRITE IN ALL CAPS UNLESS YOU WANT TO SHOUT. I'll grant you those. To get lectured to the contrary was rather... uncool.

I thought your idea was nice and fun! And maybe my opinion was colored by the fact that I could have used those Lindens. I don't have $10USA to spare and having some spending cash would have been a wonderful holiday gift. That others don't have the same situation? Well good for them! (sincere, not snarky) But stating ahead of the announcement of the winner that you couldn't be bothered with the prize or that it was somehow insulting? Well, personally that didn't make ME feel that good, and it was rather irritating because it came across as a bit superior. That it was announced AFTER the prize was awarded that it would be going to charity... nice! But, as I said (and believe) above, everybody "you do you." I'm not the forum police (although I'd love to be, just not an official Linden so I could be capricious while policing).

As to why there weren't more participants? Possibly because of the time of year. Possibly because it was a "weird" thing to do (as in unusual) and people didn't know how to respond. I wonder if it was just a matter of format? I wonder if you had written your own positive, happy post first, and then at the bottom stated something like: To make things more fun I've decided to run a contest for this thread. Here are the rules: (and then just write them out in sentence form, briefly, without making them so huge).

I dunno, I have a notoriously bad track record of understanding why anyone does anything in the Forums. :)

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.