Preferred vehicle for travel in Bellisseria

Sakura Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Fushichou Mfume said:

I finally took a Manji Type-1 out for a spin and LOVE it!  Handles so great on Bellisseria roads.

Fwiw, I bought one for Christmas, and this was not our experience.  My partner is not very familiar with driving in SL, and to both of us the Manji really seems to show its age.  Personally, I think it drives as if it were developed for an earlier version of Havok (which is quite possibly so, it's not a new release by any means).  Unless in cruising mode, acceleration seemed much too high, resulting in lots of oversteer and wild veering.  Crashed twice on region crossings on a drive that was less than an hour long.

Much better experience with the Caddie Golf Cart from Black Forest.  Totally intuitive UI, quiet electric car purr instead of intrusive engine roar, perfect speed and steering control, automatically in cruise mode at a conservative speed, enough oomph to make it over the mountain range between North and South Belli, group mode that doesn't automatically derez the car when done.  Only 18 LI, region crossings easy with 2 aboard.  I believe it's scripted by the genius who brings you Warbug games.

My other mostest favoritest vehicle, particularly for camper areas, is the amphibious Mudskipper.  What a hoot!  All sorts of control over the driving style, so you can make it as staid or exciting as you wish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nika Talaj said:

Fwiw, I bought one for Christmas, and this was not our experience.  My partner is not very familiar with driving in SL, and to both of us the Manji really seems to show its age.  Personally, I think it drives as if it were developed for an earlier version of Havok (which is quite possibly so, it's not a new release by any means).  Unless in cruising mode, acceleration seemed much too high, resulting in lots of oversteer and wild veering.  Crashed twice on region crossings on a drive that was less than an hour long.

Much better experience with the Caddie Golf Cart from Black Forest.  Totally intuitive UI, quiet electric car purr instead of intrusive engine roar, perfect speed and steering control, automatically in cruise mode at a conservative speed, enough oomph to make it over the mountain range between North and South Belli, group mode that doesn't automatically derez the car when done.  Only 18 LI, region crossings easy with 2 aboard.  I believe it's scripted by the genius who brings you Warbug games.

My other mostest favoritest vehicle, particularly for camper areas, is the amphibious Mudskipper.  What a hoot!  All sorts of control over the driving style, so you can make it as staid or exciting as you wish.

Maybe it's because I went straight for the crusing mode and just stay in Gear 1 all the time? Which is plenty fast for sightseeing. At Gear 1 in cruising mode the handling on Belli roadways is very solid.  I have the TBF Caddie Cart too and really like it as well! It's perfect especially for the dirt roads all through campground areas, at like two taps downward from its max speed. I also really like that once you set the speed on the Caddie Cart you simply keep cruising forever at that speed and only need to turn left or right. 

I haven't seen/tried the mudskipper yet. Who makes it? Or do you have a link handy?

• Like 1

I've tried several cars, but I'm a terrible driver (I apologize if I destroyed your hedges!)  I do best, & like best, a wearable bicycle.  I also have a nice wearable shopping cart with good animations for "running" 😄   I'd love to get a horse some day, but the good ones are expensive.  I want a chic motorcycle for my alt, who is very stylish in black leather pants & jacket.  Don't know what kind of driver she will be haha. (she's blonde, so much smarter than me)

• Moles

I've ridden, driven, piloted and sailed many vehicles over the years and I have to say for cruising around Bellisseria my personal choice is the GEMC Platypus. A couple of moles have them and we enjoy them very much. The level of realism and detail put into it is impressive and is the best of any vehicle in SL I have ever seen, right down to having to stop and "repair" it if you beat on it too much. It's probably my favorite vehicle of all. If you have the time and the skills you can even download the psd and apply your own custom paint job. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I've ridden, driven, piloted and sailed many vehicles over the years and I have to say for cruising around Bellisseria my personal choice is the GEMC Platypus. A couple of moles have them and we enjoy them very much. The level of realism and detail put into it is impressive and is the best of any vehicle in SL I have ever seen, right down to having to stop and "repair" it if you beat on it too much. It's probably my favorite vehicle of all. If you have the time and the skills you can even download the psd and apply your own custom paint job. 

Sold. Off to buy one ❤️

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sakura Sands said:

Sold. Off to buy one ❤️

GEMC is my first choice for vehicles. They have a facility to enable ‘bad roads fix’ and I find that driving in Bellisseria benefits greatly from having this switched on. (Please note: I am not saying that the roads in Bellisseria are ‘bad’, mesh has a history of not being as smooth to drive on as the old prims, this setting goes a long way to alleviate that).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Now that I have my little golf cart that works a treat this has given me the taste for driving non wearable vehicles! However, I'm really wanting something with cruise control as my hands don't like holding down keys for too long.

Most of the premium cars seem to not have this facility, does anyone know of any nice options available?

@Raspberry Crystal

Some (if not all) the vehicles made by Arton Rotaru (MP link: here ) have cruise control. I have both the Mudskipper and Wild Goose, and use both in Bellisseria. They can be driven extremely slowly if you prefer, and are also both amphibious, so yes, you can just drive them into the water :) 

No demo for any of them unfortunately, but if you catch me in-world I can rezz one for you (others probably can too).

Other vehicles you might want to try are some models using GEMC scripts. Some of the cars using these scripts are automatics, and feature a cruise control mode. Cars using GEMC scripts handle the Bellisseria roads far better than most, and they are usually feature packed with lots of options.

A few that would work are:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/JUPITER-Concord-Liftback/12348030

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Lusch-Motors-Nordic/18405046

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Roux-Motors-Hawker/14413726

The Nordic and Hawker both have in-world demo's to try. A bit of a warning though, these cars can go very fast if you don't use the cruise control system or turn the speed limiter off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

This flying ship from Isil Designs, is great for traveling through Bellisseria, by air and by sea, it has 26p, and crosses the regions quietly, I went from my home in Gramby Court to my Trafagar studio diving and flying and it was incredible. It has accommodation for two people. There is a Gacha in the store and it costs only 75L.

350688174_navio(2).thumb.jpg.92c9a0da591686ad3095447d1cccb96c.jpg

708931319_navio(1).thumb.jpg.06518d355063a14907c0a897b88b3853.jpg

loja-news_023.thumb.jpg.b77c01c206a41234717aba9828554a22.jpg

loja-news_022.thumb.jpg.4b256314e3c3e57ea4485624e33e82fe.jpg

loja-news_020.thumb.jpg.ac875b802ce3ab5a6016e68e5860391b.jpg

loja-news_041.jpg.9aaaeb051cb135adc34617db51290108.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.