Preferred vehicle for travel in Bellisseria

Sakura Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Bellisseria is sooooo beautiful and with all these new regions to explore, I'm curious...what is your preferred vehicle for travel in Belli?

Riding bicycles from What Next was fun.  My fave way to travel in Belli though has been using my SLB A5  sailboat from BBX.  

What is your fave vehicle?  I think the next thing I want to try is some sort of car so I can drive from my house in Washburn to my house in Lower Barensmouth.  Would love to know the product and creator names too so I can do some more shopping <3<3

• Like 2

I've found the best ones for me are a wearable bicycle, wearable rowboat, and wearable cut plane. So basically anything wearable:) I do have non wearable items too, but having to be near a rez zone kinda makes that anoying sometimes when out and about and deciding I'd like to use a vehicle at the spur of the moment and continue exploring where I am.

Check the marketplace there are quite a few items on there, some of them free (may not look so great as others but do the job).

• Like 4

A mudskipper (you can get a slightly cheaper medic or police styled version from same shop). It is solid on sim crossings, relatively small to get along narrow paths and streams, it has cruise control so you don't need to hold the forwards key to keep going forwards, it goes on land or water with an outboard motor, it will even hover for you if you turn it over. Despite being 7 years old now, it is almost like it was made for Bellisseria.

• Like 4

The only transportation I can ride on land without making a pig's ear of it are wearables I have a scooter (push along), scooter (motorized) from What Next, LDPW bicycle free from Barneys Bay and a bicycle from Dust Bunny

For water I have a yacht I use most often that was the second premium gift but it's too tall for inland Bellisseria it won't fit through the Panamole canal even on phantom mode without getting stuck

• Like 3

The real question is about road-travel, isn't it? Obviously horse, bicycle and those types are fine, though for motorized vehicles, I find the Manji cars the best. Try a demo in world and you'll know what I mean. And with these the campsite dirt roads are the most fun in all of SL. If you like trucks, the Infinity Flatbed is also very well-suited and because these are speed-sensitive steering, they are very realistic. For the truck you have to really slowdown for some of the tight turns.

Manji: https://bit.ly/34O1Lpx

Infinity: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Infinity-Freight-Flatbed-Truck-v12/13158941

Edit to dd (based on a comment below) the Manji cars are almost instant at region crossing - it's as though you are walking or flying with no vehicle at all.

I have a Manji car out that is open to anyone if you'd like to give it ago (it will rez a new one if someone drives it away) and it's at my Camper: so anyone can try it and see what a dram these vehicles are in their handling and region-crossing ability.(And Teeglepet Horse rezzer as well):

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wiggle/173/146/54

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

My Teegle animesh, mainly. Small enough and easy to handle.. don't have to worry at all. Sometimes one of my cars, but.. i've had so many instances of failed region crossings and being forced to restart that it's not often I travel this way.

I have a plane somebody got me as a generous gift for helping them with something, but i've yet to use it.

• Like 3

I love this topic!!!!

Wearable anything is my first choice because I’m a pretty bad driver.  The quality and awesome animations in Consignment and Culprit and What Next stores have blown me away!  Consignment also has some wonderful HUDs which need a Rez area for beautiful drivealbles which can also carry a passenger. How did I almost forget the Teegle horses!! @Leora Jacobus put a link above!  Thank you very much for your generosity @Teager for setting out Rezzers for the Solstice celebrations on Fairgrounds as well as for your creativity 🥰

@Alyona Su has convinced me I must try her vehicle recommendations also!

MadPea has golf carts and also many wearables and even wearable Hot Air Balloons which are just ideal around Bellisseria.

There’s a whole thread for fave wearables which have some great suggestions:

Edited by BJoyful
Missed
  • Like 7

Mostly my wife & I stick to the waterways: sailboats and some little two person run abouts. We like to invite people we come across on board & just enjoy the peace & leisureliness of sailing in Bellisseria.

For overland tho, I've tried horses, bicycles and scooters and they all have their specific quirks and joys.

Last night tho, it occurred to me that Culprit's Flying Machine was perfectly in theme for South Bellisseria so I have that parked in my backyard now after taking it for a casual spin

https://modemworld.me/2019/08/23/more-culprit-fun-in-second-life/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Mostly my wife & I stick to the waterways: sailboats and some little two person run abouts. We like to invite people we come across on board & just enjoy the peace & leisureliness of sailing in Bellisseria.

For overland tho, I've tried horses, bicycles and scooters and they all have their specific quirks and joys.

Last night tho, it occurred to me that Culprit's Flying Machine was perfectly in theme for South Bellisseria so I have that parked in my backyard now after taking it for a casual spin

https://modemworld.me/2019/08/23/more-culprit-fun-in-second-life/

OH! Thanks for reminding me that I have this: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AIRSHIP-Steampunk-Mesh-V10/2696719

3.jpg?1316354052airshipmesh1.jpg?1316354017

• Like 5

I've tried several "vehicles" in my travels around Bellisseria.  I prefer my Realistek animesh horse

753018107_WickedStepmother12-7-2019_RangerCabin.png.e8bab3b593a1dae173e8eef718cf2a5f.png

and the Segway-style scooter

1513176844_Castlewellansouth12-11-2019_START.png.d0c5a4c38e30e8587c9dc72b09bf65f5.png

that I sell in my own Marketplace shop, but I've tried several other things, including a broom.

172037499_Witch9-26-2019_10.png.59730086cd4d79b017cd8a7c0b8d744b.png

Mostly, I still like walking or swimming.

• Like 5

Well considering I spend about 3 hours per day in Bellisseria just traveling round by road, sea, or air, I think I can add something to this thread 😁

I started replying by making a huge list of recommendations, but changed my mind knowing it would send people to sleep. SO, here's my favorites, the ones I use regularly in Belli, in no particular order:

Road:

• Lusch Scout
  • GEMC Platypus (handles water too)
  • Manji Type-1
  • Manji Type-2
  • Manji Type-360
  • Zamani Torero
  • aR Mudskipper (handles water too)
  • Lusch Hermes (My garbage truck!)
  • aR Wild Goose (handles water too)
  • Lusch Retro

Hovercraft:

• Rubber Bunny Halob
  • Piaggio Honey Badger

Boats:

• Sinplicity Libelle
  • Rubber Bunny Marlin
  • TMS Riva Iseo
  • D-Lab Jet-O-Manta (its a motorized mechanical Manta Ray)
  • D-Lab Shisyamo (motorized shark)
  • Piaggio Sea Roo

Aircraft:

• Pretty much anything with floats so it can land on water, but I also use Blimps, air balloons, and helicopters regularly too

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Carla Wetter's HVW store has some great freebies including a balloon. Also for those that gave up a houseboat for a Traditional or Victorian, it doesn't cost anything to get one of her houseboats that has a lot of fun functions and animations and is very good on sim crossings.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 4

I've got a stack of boats from Bandit.

I really like the Bandit IF for sailing almost anywhere... and am now messing with the Bandit Star Class Vintage.

I like small boats.

Big fan of the Flying Shadow but it can be too fast for sailing for many people.

For land, I like the bikes from 'sau' a lot but... I am actually finding my favorite is a POOR choice for the roads here. The Nightpod - which looks like an all-terrain-vehicle, has hard physics at ground, so it cannot go over even minor bumps... There are of course, no relevant bumps at their store for you to discover this in advance. But the raven that my alt has can go over nearly anything.
- where is this relevant? Let's say you end up on the grass side of a sidewalk from turning too wide... the Nightpod can't recover from that without going into flight mode... the Raven doesn't even notice and just keeps on driving.
- I bring this up because this is common to a LOT of vehicles in SL... A lot of them add a 'shadow prim' and forget to set it to physics-none... Oops. That is NOT the issue for the Nightpod (I checked it's physics), it does have a shadow prim but that's set right. There's something else inside there that is angled wrong for going over bumps...

Just something to be mindful of when shopping for vehicles... if the demo sim at all has bumps like the sidewalks in Bellisseria, try to dive over them from as many directions as possible and see if you can do it well. The Nightpod is the best driving vehicles I've ever had in SL for land... and it's sucks that it has that flaw... but they have another bike I am eyeing and I know the flaw is not brand wide because the Raven is perfectly good.

Anyway...

On my Victorian land I have 2 Sci-Fi bikes (Nightpod and Raven) set out, a flying 'space ship / hovercraft', and facing the river a Bandit Star Class on a stand with physics that shove it into the water when I raise the sails. :)

- The flyer is the 'T-04s Shiva' which I only bought a few days ago specifically for the Victorian plot... and so far it flies great but the verdict is still pending.

Left to right: Raven, Nightpod, and T-04s Shiva (I am still shopping the Nightpod's replacement):

9138998c4fef40ab3b6cbf575835b39f.jpg

- All 3 of these should be 'unlocked' if anyone wants to try them out. Don't bring it back. If it's gone for 3 minutes my land puts a new one out. :)

34d7a23507ad7689a2d714fe0a8e6522.jpg

- The poles there are all physics none. A third prim is invisible in the middle, but shaped like a triangle so the boat 'falls' into the water:

6ba8d33e923065c22f573e341181b528.jpg

Flying Shadow at top, Bandit IF at bottom. The Bandit IF in my opinion the best boat for casual sailing in all of SL:

ded8e85b0e0abd4ede1628dba60f6b8b.jpg

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

@Pussycat Catnap

I think the problem with some bikes and cars having a bumpy time on roads, at least sometimes is to do with the bounding box of the animation for the sits. But I never really got to pin down, it was more trial and error getting a bike to run smoothly when I was scripting them. Sometimes they were fine on prims but hated mesh, others good on mesh but hated prim roads.

Sau bikes use Karyn's scripts which are great for racing but not so good at sim crossings. ZZBottom's Humble worker bikes and vehicles handle sim crossings nicely, they don't look as good as Sau, but much more reliable on sim crossings. I remember when Bellisseria was first released I had a load of fun driving around and over the unpopulated sims after a while was doing the sims at max speed because I just wasn't crashing or struggling on the sim crossings at all.

Another favourite vehicle is the Terra Stingray , it  flies, it travels on the water surface, taxis on runways and goes full submersible too. It is in a lot of freebie boxes, I think Terra gave them away before leaving SL, but 500L$ to buy it is money well spent for what the vehicle can do. It is a bit old prim made, vehicle but it is still one of the best and handles sim crossings very well.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well I usually avoid driving on the roads with vehicles cause I just lose control.  I'm a menace.  I mostly stick to either my teegle horse, water horse and just got the little shetland pony  from teegle.

I also have a bubble rezzer:   https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ButtonJar-Flying-Bubble-Rezzer-MESH/7569446  if you want to check it out you are welcome to try it here:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bandstand/223/105/23  it is on the roof.    And sorry in advance I am no where near done decorating.

For boating I use this one:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Boss-Craft-225-V/6270273  I find this one easy to use and I just love the way it looks.   I also just bought their Bambino one.  

And now I am off to Culprit cause............................................their stuff rocks too!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After using about every mode of travel in SL that there is, I have to say hot air balloon, for me. It's just the right speed to take in scenery, not be distracted with "driving", and I was amazed at all the places I found that I had never seen before. I got a modify one (of course) and added my own animations in it, and it's just such a relaxing way to explore. I find that the treetop height range is nice in most areas, with a few dives for dipping into water under bridges.

• Like 4

I love my Culprit Hovery Craft for traveling around Bellisseria.  It's a great all-in-one vehicle that allows you to drive on land, water, or in the air.  It also sits 2 avatars so a friend can ride along with you. (Their inworld store is here.)

I have one out at my home for anyone to try it out for a joyride.  It derezzes once you get out of it.

• Like 4

I love the Stolly, but yeah on the older Belli roads it can be a bit of a handful. That seems to apply to a lot of vehicles, and might be why many say they are hopeless at driving when in reality they might not be.

The "newer" Belli roads (basically everything south of the Panamole canal), seem to have different physics, and cars work much better over them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2019 at 6:12 AM, Alyona Su said:

The real question is about road-travel, isn't it? Obviously horse, bicycle and those types are fine, though for motorized vehicles, I find the Manji cars the best. Try a demo in world and you'll know what I mean. And with these the campsite dirt roads are the most fun in all of SL. If you like trucks, the Infinity Flatbed is also very well-suited and because these are speed-sensitive steering, they are very realistic. For the truck you have to really slowdown for some of the tight turns.

Manji: https://bit.ly/34O1Lpx

Infinity: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Infinity-Freight-Flatbed-Truck-v12/13158941

Edit to dd (based on a comment below) the Manji cars are almost instant at region crossing - it's as though you are walking or flying with no vehicle at all.

I have a Manji car out that is open to anyone if you'd like to give it ago (it will rez a new one if someone drives it away) and it's at my Camper: so anyone can try it and see what a dram these vehicles are in their handling and region-crossing ability.(And Teeglepet Horse rezzer as well):

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Wiggle/173/146/54

@Alyona Su I finally took a Manji Type-1 out for a spin and LOVE it!  Handles so great on Bellisseria roads. Love the "drift" style turns on demand just by holding Shift while you turn. Easy to stay on the roadway even on super tight near-180 street bends you find all over Southern Belli in the Victorian neighborhoods.   My new favorite car for sure. Handles like a dream.

I also love how if you scroll your cam in close to the cockpit, the camera stays put even when you subsequently start turning again. VERY immersive. Drive around with the top and windshield off and it's a great sight-seeing vehicle for just aimlessly exploring Belli.

You've given great advice about vehicles. I love the Manji and I also love the MD-500 helicopter you recommended in another thread. ❤️

Edited by Fushichou Mfume
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.