Color Bug in Victorian Home

Kryalana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Atina0 said:

i didnt know where to put this one ,i have no clue what its supposed to be ,but i wouldnt want to live next to it.

I've seen that sort if thing amongst the traditional regions there are usually some kind of tree or plant with glow on in a non standard tree colour that hasn't fully rezzed. It does look kinda plant shaped in some areas. kinda glad i don't live near it i think i'd AR it if i did it's a real eyesore. looks like the object is encroaching in to the properties either side the owners might be able to return it 

On 12/26/2019 at 7:00 PM, Atina0 said:

i didnt know where to put this one ,i have no clue what its supposed to be ,but i wouldnt want to live next to it .

image.thumb.png.a188d4b869a19452bee32d889d4edb5a.png  ...

I saw something similar just not bright glowing pink on my travels waited a few minutes for it to rezz to see what it was

metoday_0063_Nott_001.thumb.png.604b43a9e7b83c54ba2d645a042a0358.png

Turned out to be a 32x32 or slightly smaller snowflake emitter looked very out of place compared to the neighbours

metoday_0063_Nott_002_edited.jpg.3d3358229979e6e579bbf90a6feb7c47.jpg

52 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I saw something similar just not bright glowing pink on my travels waited a few minutes for it to rezz to see what it was

metoday_0063_Nott_001.thumb.png.604b43a9e7b83c54ba2d645a042a0358.png

Turned out to be a 32x32 or slightly smaller snowflake emitter looked very out of place compared to the neighbours

metoday_0063_Nott_002_edited.jpg.3d3358229979e6e579bbf90a6feb7c47.jpg

I think someone else mentioned that in another thread.  I'm pretty sure I would have AR'd that.  A blizzard is quite a bit more than a "light dusting of snow".

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

does anyone know if this light gray color can be "obtained" somewhere?

There is a darker grey in the exterior colour options I don't recall a lighter version, never seen it on another house. it looks really nice I'd probably use it instead of the lavender if it was available.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

Didn't know where to put this, but does anyone know if this light gray color can be "obtained" somewhere? I saw it on a house in Dashwood and I think it fits perfectly to the Vernes white turret. I've tried clicking around to see if it's a shell or something, but I couldn't find anything.

Click on the outside of the house in Edit mode.  If it is a shell, you should end up with the shell selected rather than the house itself and you can find out the creator.  If you end up with the house itself, then likely the color got applied while the bug was active and since the color isn't obnoxious, nobody reported it.

You could also IM the owner and ask.

• Thanks 1

There are still a few tintable V1.0 Vernes around and I will be sad to see them go, as one in particular is stunning. The original house on my parcel was not a Verne, so I ended up with a newer version untintable Verne when I switched models, 🤬.

There are plenty of things you can do to jazz up one of these newer Vernes (Vernii?) such as cladding and shells, as were mentioned previously.

This is mine customized as it looks today:

525780898_GreyGardens20200225.thumb.png.0a183ac29ef552c4070c12d3a2baf421.png

Besides the tower, I added scalloped shingles, a contrasting band, and colored turret panels to set the house apart from its neighbors. You can still do alot with a "beginner" SL home.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Lukas Thetan said:

There are still a few tintable V1.0 Vernes around and I will be sad to see them go, as one in particular is stunning. The original house on my parcel was not a Verne, so I ended up with a newer version untintable Verne when I switched models, 🤬.

There are plenty of things you can do to jazz up one of these newer Vernes (Vernii?) such as cladding and shells, as were mentioned previously.

This is mine customized as it looks today:

525780898_GreyGardens20200225.thumb.png.0a183ac29ef552c4070c12d3a2baf421.png

Besides the tower, I added scalloped shingles, a contrasting band, and colored turret panels to set the house apart from its neighbors. You can still do alot with a "beginner" SL home.

Love your tower! You created? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eleanor Anderton said:

Love your tower! You created? 

20 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

Beautiful! 💜
I really love that light gray on the Verne but I haven't found any shells on the MP. Also I'm not a builder so I don't have any clue on how to create one for myself... 😭

Thank you both!  😀

The upper portion of the tower was scavenged from another build that I own but did not personally create. The base of the tower is a simple prim build that I put together, and the shingle overlays were prim and mesh (depending on LI). The primary texture was from the Victorian Content Creation Pack as well some custom ones that I made to match.

Marianne Little posted an excellent tutorial on how to create interior shells. The steps can also be applied to make exterior cladding as the basic concepts are the same:

🏡  💖

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lukas Thetan said:

Thank you both!  😀

The upper portion of the tower was scavenged from another build that I own but did not personally create. The base of the tower is a simple prim build that I put together, and the shingle overlays were prim and mesh (depending on LI). The primary texture was from the Victorian Content Creation Pack as well some custom ones that I made to match.

Marianne Little posted an excellent tutorial on how to create interior shells. The steps can also be applied to make exterior cladding as the basic concepts are the same:

🏡  💖

Thank you for the ideas! I'm always pulling bits and pieces from things I own to mash stuff together to fit what I need. I'll definitely go play with using Marianne's tutorial and put together an add-on to a Traditional home I picked up that has water on two sides. Thanks again!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.