Singularity only problem

Benson Gravois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Singularity has not produced a so-called "release" version in a number of years. If using the version obtained from their main page download button, it will likely not work. As @Profaitchikenz Haiku stated, look for "Nightly Builds" link located in a list that appears in the top left corner of the page. Follow the links on the succeeding pages to a viewer for your operating system. The current nightly I am using is build 7997 and is working well. In fact, this version is currently given the "Beta" tag by the development team, so it appears to be finalizing for an official "release" in a short while.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DilliDallagio said:

The current nightly I am using is build 7997

Yes, my mistake, I hit a 6 instead of a leading 7.

One interesting thing I discovered with a friend is that Bake on mesh system skirts work correctly with Singularity, so long as the wearer and the observers are using the latest viewer. Anybody else with a different BoM viewer just sees everything beneath the hem of the skirt as not there.

"Such devices were often used to break the ice at parties by making all the molecules of the Hostess's undergarments simult(can't spell that) jump six feet to the left."

Wow, I thought Singularity died years ago. I used it once-upon-a-time and loved it, but they seemed to stop development. Is it still using the old-school interface? I used it because it seemed faster, but I think people liked it because it was like the really old viewers. Or am I thinking of something else? (Cool Viewer, perhaps?)

1 hour ago, ArielEngle said:

If I have to download a new viewer cause the latest firestorm can not handle loading areas fast enough it better have built in RLV

Viewers with RLV: Kokua (uses the "modern" v6 interface) and Cool VL Viewer (uses the "legacy" v1 interface). Not sure if Marine is still publishing her viewer (would be the reference viewer for the RLV API) but if so, that would be the modern interface.

Viewers with RLVa: Catznip (uses the modern interface; reference viewer for the RLVa API), Firestorm, Singularity (uses the legacy interface).

Viewers without RLV or RLVa: the Linden Lab Second Life viewer and the (no longer maintained?) Alchemy viewer. Both use the modern interface.

Any other viewers, such as Black Dragon, I have no information about but users or the teams behind them may weigh in.

P.S. All of the viewers that have RLV or RLVa in them do NOT have it enabled by default, except for Singularity. That comes with RLVa enabled out of the box. I have no idea why that is and when I asked I did not get an answer. Just something to be aware of.

Edited by DilliDallagio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.