Sign in to follow this  
Garnet Psaltery

Cultured Companions

Since I gave up belonging to city-states and other large communities I've found it harder to meet like-minded people.  I do have dear friends but they're not always around when I am nor do they necessarily share my interests.  I'm looking for a small number of people who would like a companion when attending a concert or visiting a gallery, and similar events, or simply travelling to an interesting region.  I'd be happy to accompany one person at a time or go in a little group on a venture, and I'll take the proper care over dress requirements.

If you find this idea agreeable please contact me here or inworld.  I live in the U.K. so am not available much past 4 p.m. SLT.

Please note there is no element of seduction in this pursuit, and pressure to make it so will likely result in a parting of the ways.

• Like 7

Garnet, you should look into Caledon.  Caledonians have a very active community; even if you don't get into Victorian Steampunk roleplay, their group chat is very entertaining...and many of them love art and galleries, too.  You don't have to be a resident of Caledon; the main group, "Independent States of Caledon" or ISC, is by invitation only, but you can usually get an invitation by asking one of the estate managers.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Garnet, you should look into Caledon.  Caledonians have a very active community; even if you don't get into Victorian Steampunk roleplay, their group chat is very entertaining...and many of them love art and galleries, too.  You don't have to be a resident of Caledon; the main group, "Independent States of Caledon" or ISC, is by invitation only, but you can usually get an invitation by asking one of the estate managers.

I did live there many years ago, and though I have no need of another place to live it's certainly worth a visit to look up events.

• Like 1

There is an art gallery tour hud available that allows you to find in world galleries. I will send you information when I get back in world.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2019 at 12:53 AM, Talligurl said:

There is an art gallery tour hud available that allows you to find in world galleries. I will send you information when I get back in world.

Please would you be so kind to send the information also to me? Thank you :)

On 12/21/2019 at 1:45 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

Since I gave up belonging to city-states and other large communities I've found it harder to meet like-minded people.  I do have dear friends but they're not always around when I am nor do they necessarily share my interests.  I'm looking for a small number of people who would like a companion when attending a concert or visiting a gallery, and similar events, or simply travelling to an interesting region.  I'd be happy to accompany one person at a time or go in a little group on a venture, and I'll take the proper care over dress requirements.

If you find this idea agreeable please contact me here or inworld.  I live in the U.K. so am not available much past 4 p.m. SLT.

Please note there is no element of seduction in this pursuit, and pressure to make it so will likely result in a parting of the ways.

OOh, I would definitely be up for this. I sometimes go to watch theatrical dance performances and cabaret when I get the opportunity. There's one dance troupe I follow in particular; they are primarily Dutch so they perform at convenient times for us UK peeps (I am UK too). I'll hit you up with a friends request when I'm logged in.

• Thanks 1

I'd love to join you in exploring things! I need more people to go exploring with, since I always have friends who stick around the same spaces and the same communities. But it would be nice to branch out a bit. ❤️

• Like 1

Newish SL player and artist in RL (picture a combination of Cy Twombly and Agnes Martin in terms of style, with a touch of Larry Poons' current work thrown in once in a while) ... would love to tour galleries with other players. Say hi in world!

Edited by JuliaAemilius
  • Like 1

There are two people in this thread who've yet to follow up, but I doubt they will now after a couple of weeks.  Never mind, we have a nice little number now. :) 

On 12/21/2019 at 3:45 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

+1

• Like 1

I could join too as i have a lot of free time. My day ends usually around 1-2pm SLT. I wouldn't describe me as a gentleman but have some manners (and a gun :D). 

• Like 1

I have some cultured companions growing in my lab. They're not very bright, but they're sure to stick to by you.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist that thread title.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2