Cultured Companions

Garnet Psaltery

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since I gave up belonging to city-states and other large communities I've found it harder to meet like-minded people.  I do have dear friends but they're not always around when I am nor do they necessarily share my interests.  I'm looking for a small number of people who would like a companion when attending a concert or visiting a gallery, and similar events, or simply travelling to an interesting region.  I'd be happy to accompany one person at a time or go in a little group on a venture, and I'll take the proper care over dress requirements.

If you find this idea agreeable please contact me here or inworld.  I live in the U.K. so am not available much past 4 p.m. SLT.

Please note there is no element of seduction in this pursuit, and pressure to make it so will likely result in a parting of the ways.

• Like 10

Garnet, you should look into Caledon.  Caledonians have a very active community; even if you don't get into Victorian Steampunk roleplay, their group chat is very entertaining...and many of them love art and galleries, too.  You don't have to be a resident of Caledon; the main group, "Independent States of Caledon" or ISC, is by invitation only, but you can usually get an invitation by asking one of the estate managers.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Garnet, you should look into Caledon.  Caledonians have a very active community; even if you don't get into Victorian Steampunk roleplay, their group chat is very entertaining...and many of them love art and galleries, too.  You don't have to be a resident of Caledon; the main group, "Independent States of Caledon" or ISC, is by invitation only, but you can usually get an invitation by asking one of the estate managers.

I did live there many years ago, and though I have no need of another place to live it's certainly worth a visit to look up events.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 1:45 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

Since I gave up belonging to city-states and other large communities I've found it harder to meet like-minded people.  I do have dear friends but they're not always around when I am nor do they necessarily share my interests.  I'm looking for a small number of people who would like a companion when attending a concert or visiting a gallery, and similar events, or simply travelling to an interesting region.  I'd be happy to accompany one person at a time or go in a little group on a venture, and I'll take the proper care over dress requirements.

If you find this idea agreeable please contact me here or inworld.  I live in the U.K. so am not available much past 4 p.m. SLT.

Please note there is no element of seduction in this pursuit, and pressure to make it so will likely result in a parting of the ways.

OOh, I would definitely be up for this. I sometimes go to watch theatrical dance performances and cabaret when I get the opportunity. There's one dance troupe I follow in particular; they are primarily Dutch so they perform at convenient times for us UK peeps (I am UK too). I'll hit you up with a friends request when I'm logged in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Newish SL player and artist in RL (picture a combination of Cy Twombly and Agnes Martin in terms of style, with a touch of Larry Poons' current work thrown in once in a while) ... would love to tour galleries with other players. Say hi in world!

Edited by JuliaAemilius
  • Like 2

On 12/21/2019 at 3:45 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

+1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

I’m not on often anymore, But I enjoy looking for aquariums, planetariums, natural history museums and outdoor parks.

i’m wondering if there’s some sort of group inworld for field trips?  

We're now using the Black Forest Pirates group.  It's open to join, and you get the group title Cake Pirate.  We're cultured but not always terribly sophisticated. :) 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

We're now using the Black Forest Pirates group.  It's open to join, and you get the group title Cake Pirate.  We're cultured but not always terribly sophisticated. :) 

Next time I’m in the world I will look the group up. 😊

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 10:39 AM, Garnet Psaltery said:

Thank you Garnet.I will look up that group next time I log in. Culture is always needed and welcome 

Edited by Elena Core
iphone typed what it pleased....
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.