Login Issues

Indaliai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

21 answers to this question

That message pops up whenever you try to log in to SL while you are already logged in.  You can't log in the same account twice.  My guess is that you forgot to log out recently and still have the viewer running in the background on your computer.  Find the running copy and log out.  Or ... If you shut the machine off completely, that should force the viewer to close, so you will be logged out. 

I am not sure that's what's happening, Rolig.  I tried it...logged in, then opened another instance of the viewer and tried to log in again.  Two things happened.  On the second viewer, I got this message, which isn't the same as the OP's:

login.jpg.170b16c7655fffe541d774ee1c28a0ba.jpg

Then I checked the first viewer.  It was all black and white, and gave me the "you have been logged out of Second Life" message.

I have not seen the message the OP reports before.  @Indaliai, I would file a Support Case.  Use the Help menu on your Dashboard page.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I have not seen the message the OP reports before. 

I have, but it may be specific to one set  of server software ( maybe RC regions?).  Like you, I have had the experience of being logged out in one instance of the viewer when I opened a second one with the same account.  I've also seen the message that the OP is reporting.  When that happened, I was unable to complete the second login but was not dropped from the first one.  I am often logged in at the same time as my alt. I don't make the mistake of double-logging accidentally very often, but it happens.  As you suggest, the OP should probably submit a support case if she can't cure the problem the way I proposed.

Same issue since 2nd half of december here

- happens only in Windows (8.1 x64 here) - linux doesnt have this issue
- account is definitvely logged out, checked from other accounts and sl-website
- mostly restart windows with clearing cache helps
- doesnt matter if legacy V1 or v2 login server is set
- happens with secondlife client and firestorm (6.0.2 and 6.3.2) and coolvl
- login region doesnt matter (tried home, last location and some mainland regions)
- happens in ADITI too

Edited by Dianna Loxely

That's exactly how Dianna said... it started happenig in December, two weeks ago (I guess) and it's very annoying.

At the beginning, when the error was happenning with Firestorm, I could use Singularity to log in and after that Firestorm would work fine again. But now, the error happens with Singularity too.

11 hours ago, Gayngel said:

I am also experiencing this problem, account is definitely logged out and on Windows 10.  Submitted a support ticket did not get a sufficient answer, was just told to uninstall and re-install the newest version of my viewer.

Having this issue as well. I have reset router, done a clean install and still same error. I am able to login using 4G and I can also login using my alt. Support advised it is a uncommon error and can normally be fixed by resetting router. Done all that and still no luck. Anyone have any thoughts?

Login Failed SL.png

• Like 1

Hi all - same problem here too. 

I am using Firestorm/Linux - Ubuntu. 

I have 4 accounts. I have experienced this on and off for at least a month now. 

I tried to log in with one of my accounts - initially it didn't work. I chose a different login region and it worked - but I don't think it is related to login region. 

I have had this prob for at least a month and after a while I always managed to login regardless of which account or which region I logged into. 

I don't think it is happening because another viewer instance is running in the background. 

Selection_999(9413).png

Edited by Sun Madeye
  • Like 1

same issue since yesterday ... havent been able to log into my account at all and is frustrating.... did everything, modem router, restart, sl viewer and nothing, thought may have crossed my mind that it could be linked to having international net issues, locally still have access but anything else is frustrating.

I have a friend who just ran into this problem this morning. She's on a Mac, so this is not a Windows 10 problem.

in case that's useful info.

Possibly relevant -- i heard that there are some issue with international network cables,  causing disruption or lack of service to many diverse  things.  If nothing else, such a thing could cause TIMING problems, on some sort of HANDSHAKE that Second Life looks for or possibly a CACHING or failure to clear some intermediate CACHE ,  -- maybe even one that's not supposed to be there, like an illegal intercept and pass-through hack into the communication lines which usually is transparent but today is not

Edited by Starlight Harbour
new info on international cables and other ideas
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://secondlife-status.statuspage.io/incidents/gkgmr30kwvdt

Investigating
We are aware that some Residents may be having problems logging back into Second Life. When the login fails, they receive the following error message: "Login failed. Account already logging in." Our engineers are digging into the issue.

If this is happening to you, here's a few things to try:

* Wait five minutes and try again
* Restart your modem, and try again.

If the issue still persists after trying these two things, please contact our support team for assistance.
Posted 1 hour ago. Jan 17, 2020 - 16:16 PST
Edited by Djunglebird Gloom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Okay so I have this problem for 3 days now. But I tested with my partner and they can log in on my account no problems. I can log on an Alt no problems and their account with no problems. But only specifically when I log on this main account I get a message saying I am already logged in. And when I have my partner logged on that same account and then I try to log in I correctly get a message saying I am already logged in and it is logging me out. It also logs my partner out when I do that. I have done the whole restart router, restart pc, reinstalled firestorm, tested slviewer. Still same account I cannot log in on. Same error always. This is getting annoying. I messaged Linden and they said it might be internet in my area and that this is a rare error that happens blah blah. I left it a day then messaged them all this stuff I have tried. They haven't bothered to get back to me...

P.S. I did a DNSflush too...so really i tried everything. It's really rubbish

Edited by hikiera
more info

2 hours ago, hikiera said:

They haven't bothered to get back to me...

They got back to everyone.  See the link in the post just above yours.

13 hours ago, Djunglebird Gloom said:

"Our engineers are digging into the issue."  == Please be patient. We don't have a solution yet.

Hi. So I found a solution to the already logged in problem. At least this worked for me. You must turn off your router/modem and you need to disconnect the whole cable from it. Please let people know this. The cable must be removed from the router. turn it off and leave it off for a long time. I even went for an hour nap. left my pc on. then plug the cable back in and turn the router back on

Edited by hikiera

I've had the same issue and sadly I haven't been able to figure out anyway to get online and the only way I figure it is maybe to reset my password and it's been working but... I have been forgetting my password and it  getting a little out of hand because now I've changed my password 13 times. And I've already tried everything else that I can think off.

45 minutes ago, Healingrosemagic said:

I've had the same issue and sadly I haven't been able to figure out anyway to get online and the only way I figure it is maybe to reset my password and it's been working but... I have been forgetting my password and it  getting a little out of hand because now I've changed my password 13 times. And I've already tried everything else that I can think off.

thats a pretty unwise thing to do, nobody ever told you to reset passwords, but reset your modem.
Read the official announcements.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.