help with changing land groups

PruKellar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i just have a hopefully simple question

I have my land set to group A, no items tho are "set to group" only listed as "owned by parcel owner"

I want to set that group to group B... 

land is not deeded etc, if i change the group, nothing will get returned right?

As far as I know (others may correct me here) setting the land to a group without deeding it has no function or significance whatsoever so there whouldn't be any problem.

But if yuo want to be absolutely sure, switch off autoreturn befor you change the group and then change the group for all the items too before you switch autoreturn back on.

As long as auto-return is set to 0, nothing will get auto-returned. If you change relevant things about a parcel, auto-return is supposed to automatically switch itself off, but there's no need to trust that; I always turn it off myself.

In this case it shouldn't matter because the land isn't deeded to group, but in general one thing I'd normally check is whether any other land in the region is deeded to the old group. I'm fretting here about the possibility of things being returned because there's not enough available prims. If there were two or more parcels in a region deeded to a group, then one of them switched to another owner, it could take away too much capacity from one or the other owner and result in items being returned from that owner's land. Again, though,I'm pretty sure land capacity is always based only on ownership, not its group setting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.