Jump to content
SethiBeheomet

Start over??

Recommended Posts

ok so since this seems to be the place to ask dumb questions and i seem to be just overflowing with them....heres another one.....what if i just want to start over from ground zero with an avi? What do i do? I mean just a total blank slate....how do i totally get rid of all the crap ive done so far and scrap it all and start fresh with nothing?? cuz it seems thats whats messing everything up! i cant get rid of the old crap so i can use the new crap. The new crap doesnt like the old crap and the old crap wont be gotten rid of so easliy. It seems to take issue with being obsolete and is hanging on for dear life. Meanwhile I have a signature Geradlt body and head that has been a workin progress for about 3 days now that is driving me past the point of using every explitive i know and a few drawn from some places i cant begin to fathom. If anyone can tell me how to get rid of the old avi crap that keeps clawing its way back onto this stuff (please bear in mind i am sooooo not good at any of this junk....plz try to keep replies to under 5 stupids per second for us slow simple folk) it would be so very much appreciated! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Rumancekk said:

what do you mean by 'old crap'? the shape? the clothes, the hair..?

it looks like the old shape which is something i bought (im doing an avi for my brother FYI) for some reason cant be removed. Ive clicked this thing six ways from jesus and theres not a detatch, replace, remove not a nothing that lets me get rid of it and work with just the new stuff

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Is this about alpha fails which let's the old avi show through?

i dont know what alpha fails are. it looks like the old avi whichis something i purchased wont allow me to getrid of it and just work with only the new signature items

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to wear a new shape to change your base shape. Shape, hairbase, eyes and skin aren’t able to ever be detached, only replaced.  With a mesh body, only base SHAPE matters, the rest not.

try this:

in your mesh body folder, right click and ADD the alpha and right click WEAR the shape it comes with. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, SethiBeheomet said:

ok so since this seems to be the place to ask dumb questions and i seem to be just overflowing with them....heres another one.....what if i just want to start over from ground zero with an avi? What do i do? I mean just a total blank slate....how do i totally get rid of all the crap ive done so far and scrap it all and start fresh with nothing?? cuz it seems thats whats messing everything up! i cant get rid of the old crap so i can use the new crap. The new crap doesnt like the old crap and the old crap wont be gotten rid of so easliy. It seems to take issue with being obsolete and is hanging on for dear life. Meanwhile I have a signature Geradlt body and head that has been a workin progress for about 3 days now that is driving me past the point of using every explitive i know and a few drawn from some places i cant begin to fathom. If anyone can tell me how to get rid of the old avi crap that keeps clawing its way back onto this stuff (please bear in mind i am sooooo not good at any of this junk....plz try to keep replies to under 5 stupids per second for us slow simple folk) it would be so very much appreciated! 

The way to fix all this is to learn how to use SL. Watch the new user videos. The mesh head and body videos. Then the BOM videos.

Old stuff does not "HANG ON". Nothing in your inventory is alive. You control it all. Even those things people make to mess you up. Once you know what you are doing... you are master of it all. Anything you have can be deleted.

When you see things not doing what you expect, read the directions. If it is still a problem look for tutorials. Dressing an avatar is not rocket science but there are details that must be handled.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Nothing in your inventory is alive.

This just cracked me up. I came up with about six smarta**ed quips in a few minutes. I'll spare you, and everyone, from them, but just know you made me giggle.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 20, 2019 at 5:10 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

Old stuff does not "HANG ON".

True, but if the old stuff is a shape, as it seems to have been in this case, and if you do not understand that it can only be replaced, not removed, then I suspect it very much feels like it is hanging on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you really attached to your avi? Because if you really want a fresh start, and haven't invested to much money on the former one, the easiest and most refreshing way, is to create a new avatar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Talligurl said:

True, but if the old stuff is a shape, as it seems to have been in this case, and if you do not understand that it can only be replaced, not removed, then I suspect it very much feels like it is hanging on.

Yeah... ignorance would have one thinking that. I didn't miss that one might perceive it that way. I was trying to snap Sethi out of victim-mentality and into taking responsibility and control. The world doesn't  need to and won't change to suite us. We can learn to live with what is and figure out how to make that easier for ourselves and others. It is something competent people do. Our media is working to inculcate the idea someone is supposed to do that for us because we are meer woke victims.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want to go back to the avie you had when you were brand spanking new, you can always use Firestorm to go to Avatar - Avatar Health - Reset Default Male/Female Avatar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 11:33 PM, Fauve Aeon said:

(...)Shape, hairbase, eyes and skin aren’t able to ever be detached, only replaced.  With a mesh body, only base SHAPE matters, the rest not.(...)

The hairbase has elements that influence a Bento Head, namely...
Eyebrow> Eyebrow Size
Eyebrow> Eyebrow Height
Eyebrow> Eyebrow Arc
Eyebrow> Eyebrow Points

Needless to say these variables have a MASSIVE impact on the ultimate appearance of a Bento Head, even if the majority of people completely disregard this crucial element on shaping it.
While I am at this, do make sure you don't simply alpha the basic hair, but actually shape it to be crushed inside the skull, other wise what you have there is a mesh object with 100% transparency that can mess up your avatar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...