can someone help me with a mesh bento head?

Rumancekk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know there are hundreds out there but I can't seem to find the one for me. I want to use my same skin and the tattoo on my mouth so BoM will have to work on it... plus I use BoM on my body with the same skin and I want them to be the same skin, so...

This is my current avatar (ignore the whole alpha issue i just don't have it turned on)

My biggest problem has been eyes. I cannot get them the right shape in nearly every demo I have tried. I have tried skell, travis, and i think daniel for catwa. I wanted to go with Catwa but it seems none of their eyes are working for me so far. I would also like a slightly less square chin area but I haven't been able to achieve that for the classic head

I would keep the classic one but I don't like that it doesn't have animation , but when I do use something with animation in it (like...a specific bed, persey) the face just looks broken and weird. I don't know if a bento head would help that or if it would play animations from something other than it's own HUD but I'll see. I just want a better one. A smoother one. One that isn't classic and kind of vaguely blocky.

romanscondlife_287.png

Edited by Rumancekk

Catwa has a very particular look around the eyes, and the way they're made means that altering the shape sliders doesn't really change them that much, at least not in a useable way. And it seems that all the Catwa heads do have very similar shaped eyes.  If this is your problem, you might be better off looking at LeLutka or GA.EG instead of Catwa. I'd suggest trying LeLutka first; their "Guy" male head has really nice animations.

The only reasons to prefer Catwa above all others is either you have a particular skin you love that's Catwa only, or you really like the Catwa shape. Neither of these things apply to you - and as you're using Bakes on Mesh to use your classic skin, literally any head (except really cheap ones without Omega capability) will work for you. Make sure it's a Bento head though; then even if it does not come with animations included, you can purchase a separate face AO. Non-bento heads don't animate (with the exception of Catwa's old heads which use frame animations - this is a really clunky way of doing it, and best avoided).

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 1

According to Mr. @Skell Dagger 's post, there'll be a new head release next week, named Travis by Catwa... 

Flowers in the window

*rawr* ... err, I mean, you might give that one a try as well.

As a general shape advice: 
Don't just rely on the major two eye widening and Anime eyes sliders. Eyebags and even some head sliders controlling the cheeks area will help you with your desired look.

Also keep in mind that the eyebrow (classic hairbase) layer has quite an effect on the eye shape. So do play with the eyebrow arc and pointness and the third option as well, it could make the final difference.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.