allowed land holding at current payment plan

Anastysia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I am trying to determine how much land I am entitled to. According to what I read, the premium account allows you 1024 land. However when I look at my account, it says allowed land holding at current payment plan 2048. This land thing is horribly confusing. I would like to have 2048 rather than 1024, but I do not want to end up incurring greater cost. I can barely afford to have a premium account as is. I would appreciate some clarity on this point.

Thank you.

3 answers to this question

There are several pages where allowed land holding is reported, and you're quite right, it can be confusing. You should only be able to own 1024 sq.m. without paying additional tier, so it's not clear where the 2048 came from. Can you check https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php , especially the "Update Tier" section at the bottom to make sure you're currently set for the "USD 0.00/ month" cost for additional tier?

If you go to buy a piece of land, during the payment process and BEFORE you actually buy, a page will come up telling you how much more it will cost you in tier.  Unless you are buying for a group, you only get 1024 for free tier with your premium membership. So if you do not own any land now and try and buy a 2048 lot, it will TELL YOU that you will or more money each month (or not).   

Hi @Anastysia!

Yes, it's confusing.  Bottom line:  As long as your total Mainland holdings (and any tier donated to groups) is not more than 1024 sq. m., you won't pay any additional monthly fees.

Now, let's dig a little deeper.

You must be at an appropriate "tier" level (that's why they call it "tier"!), for the amount of land you own, or plan to own.  The tiers, as LL has been trying to make clear for years, are NOT what you actually pay.  If you are at the "2048 tier" that means you have the ABILITY to own up to 2048 sq. m, plus your "tier free" Premium benefit of 1024.  If you don't actually own all that land, you aren't charged for it.  If you DID own 2048 + 1024free = 3,072 sq m, then you'd be charged a monthly fee of $13.00 USD per month, in addition to your Premium dues.  If you owned your free 1024 plus another little 512 sq m plot, you'd pay an additional fee of $4.00 per month.

Apparently, at some point you checked the 2048 box on your tier levels...or it might have happened automatically if you bought some land, as Alwin suggested.  You can go to that page and click 0, if it will make you feel better.  But even if you don't, you still won't be charged UNLESS you own more Mainland than your free 1024.

tier.PNG.39a7be438d1f45a72b491f17cb4d942e.PNG

Edited by Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.