The audacity of Scylla

Storm Clarence

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Apt, but I was thinking of someone even more cretinous and massively more orange. 

Yeah, I know. But that's the template my hateful smug haircut of a PM is going by. We will be joining you very soon as we get Borged into the orange void. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

This seems more like what you would say if you were a certain cretinous world leader to deflect and ‘punch back’: “Well, I may be silly, but you are covered in creepy hairy things!”

While I often deflect, I don't often punch back.  I've been known to "riff with" though.  And I am most certainly not a cretinous world leader, though I keep scanning the Help Wanted ads for an opening.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

While I often deflect, I don't often punch back.  I've been known to "riff with" though.  And I am most certainly not a cretinous world leader, though I keep scanning the Help Wanted ads for an opening.

🤔

Hmmm...

OK, I don't know how to tell you this, you are awesome, and famous, and adored, BUT!!!

...it isn't always about you...

Keep scouring those ads, though!

(Me personally, I am looking for a village without an idiot. Unfortunately, all villages, and cities, and towns, and pretty much everywhere else already have far more idiots on hand than they need as it is. Life is hard. :( ).

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Hmmm, just keep trying to picture Scylla as a square chunky bearded dude...

This is a much over-rated leisure time activity.

Really, trust me on this one.

Besides, isn't this nicer?

18 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

(Me personally, I am looking for a village without an idiot. Unfortunately, all villages, and cities, and towns, and pretty much everywhere else already have far more idiots on hand than they need as it is. Life is hard. :( ).

Have you tried looking outside of Gor?

(Look, I'm sorry, I know I do this a lot. I actually let many of them go but some are just irresistible. I have an absolute zinger stored up but so far I haven't had the feed line. I'd engineer it with someone but that would be against the spirit.)

• Haha 2

You know, I bet I get the feed line one day and then the thread gets nuked. Like the one that had my parody of O Little Town of Bethlehem, about the deep and dreamless sleep of the mods while all the drama explodes above them. I mean, I wouldn't say it was a huge loss to the forum or anything but it was fun to write. Would have been nice to have the record even if nobody else cared about it. 

Bah humbug.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Have you tried looking outside of Gor?

(Look, I'm sorry, I know I do this a lot. I actually let many of them go but some are just irresistible. I have an absolute zinger stored up but so far I haven't had the feed line. I'd engineer it with someone but that would be against the spirit.)

I have to say I know almost nothing of Gor, and have no direct experience with it whatsoever. My impression is that it is based on the superiority and God-like status of men and the subjugation and denigration of women, which is enough for me to figure I don't need to go to any of those sims. Perhaps I am misjudging them, and for sure I am struggling to find anything interesting to do in SL these days, so perhaps I should give them a try. I kinda doubt it, though.

I was going to say PM me what you need for a set-up, but if you want to be all spontaneous about it, I guess not, lol. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

You know, I bet I get the feed line one day and then the thread gets nuked. Like the one that had my parody of O Little Town of Bethlehem, about the deep and dreamless sleep of the mods while all the drama explodes above them. I mean, I wouldn't say it was a huge loss to the forum or anything but it was fun to write. Would have been nice to have the record even if nobody else cared about it. 

Bah humbug.

Awwww!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

...sputters indignantly!

Um, sorry? Not sure if I made the wrong assumption before, or now. Either way, probably should not be making assumptions, just always get excited when I think someone is 'on the same team' as me, as it is pretty rare, other than some sites I go to in SL.

I bat for both teams, but that's not the point.

A "straight man"  or in this case, a "straight woman" is not a reference to a sexual preference.  Or at least, not in this context.  A "straight man" is the person who feeds the comedian a straight line...the setup for the joke.

But, as you can see...the joke's on me, thanks to you!  (No, I'm not mad!  I'm giggling like crazy here.)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I bat for both teams, but that's not the point.

A "straight man"  or in this case, a "straight woman" is not a reference to a sexual preference.  Or at least, not in this context.  A "straight man" is the person who feeds the comedian a straight line...the setup for the joke.

But, as you can see...the joke's on me, thanks to you!  (No, I'm not mad!  I'm giggling like crazy here.)

I think our jokes are flying past each other, lol. I know about the role of the 'straight 'man'' (wow, nested scare quotes, that may be a first even for me!!!), though perhaps 'set-up role' might be more appropriate these days? ;) I was joking, but then got worried with your reply, lol.

Me, I am very queer, but only play on one team, lol. I don't even socialize with the other team much. ;)

...hugs you, then sets you on fire.

(See, Madelaine?  I CAN be taught!)

I know you were joking.  I was just so caught off guard by the sudden switch in the meaning of "straight" as I used it, and the way you used it, that all I could do was sputter "but...but...but!!"  Well done!

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

...hugs you, then sets you on fire.

(See, Madelaine?  I CAN be taught!)

I know you were joking.  I was just so caught off guard by the sudden switch in the meaning of "straight" as I used it, and the way you used it, that all I could do was sputter "but...but...but!!"  Well done!

Gigglesnorts 😁

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 711 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.