Was thinking of trading my houseboat for a Victorian

Cahtias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

But it took so long to get the houseboat,, im afraid to give it up and then be homeless again. Is there a way to "TRADE" my houseboat for a victorian? Or do i have to give up the houseboat first? I cant figure out how to see the availability of the victorians while owning a houseboat. 

As of an hour ago, all four types were still available. The only way to check without giving up your boat is to make an alt Premium. I already have a Premium alt, which is how I knew it was safe to try for a swap.

Now that I have a keeper for my houseboat, my alt will be abandoning our mainland and going for a Vic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cahtias said:

But it took so long to get the houseboat,, im afraid to give it up and then be homeless again. Is there a way to "TRADE" my houseboat for a victorian? Or do i have to give up the houseboat first? I cant figure out how to see the availability of the victorians while owning a houseboat. 

Swap now. It’s raining Vics!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

The gap is closing, however. Soon we may have a chance at seeing them disappear from the land page, so anybody on the fence should certainly act sooner rather than later.

People don't check every day, and it is soon Christmas. The latecomers are lucky, that they can still find homes... so far. Is it still several types homes to get, I wonder?

33 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

People don't check every day, and it is soon Christmas. The latecomers are lucky, that they can still find homes... so far. Is it still several types homes to get, I wonder?

Using an alt I see all 4 types on the land page. However, although we get 5 tries a day, I have since the day after release just got the same house ( Victorian) over and over.

Edited by Elyeah

1 hour ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Could they possibly make it an option for those who already have traditionals so they don't have to abandon the ones they had to wait for? Lol. 

They won't.  The biggest reason is that the Victorians take up more land space, so it is highly unlikely that you could rez one on your land on not end up with a nearby tree poking into your house.  That is why LL uses those monopoly looking pieces when they are landscaping -- those pieces encompass the complete size of all houses for a specific theme that could be rezzed on a plot.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They won't.  The biggest reason is that the Victorians take up more land space, so it is highly unlikely that you could rez one on your land on not end up with a nearby tree poking into your house.  That is why LL uses those monopoly looking pieces when they are landscaping -- those pieces encompass the complete size of all houses for a specific theme that could be rezzed on a plot.

Well I"m still in the game looking for one. I see Traditionals are easier to obtain now, I just want to land a victorian now because they are far more roomy thankfully.  Will they just pop up next to the new ones now?

1 minute ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Well I"m still in the game looking for one. I see Traditionals are easier to obtain now, I just want to land a victorian now because they are far more roomy thankfully.  Will they just pop up next to the new ones now?

They will show up if they are available. They were available all last week. All 4 themes showed up on the land page. No refreshing was necessary. I decided to invest in another alt. I got a beautiful Vic in Granby Court. I abandoned it today, so someone who loves sand could have it. They might be rolling out new regions with Vics after the holidays. Today they released more houseboats and traditionals. You’ll get one eventually, maybe sooner than you think. Good luck!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.