this guy is crashing everyone at nelsonia.

CruellaDiavule

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

And if the person making the complaint is just wrong, I am sure it is much easier not to have to tell them. I am sure this happens a lot.

It is much easier not to tell them. The customer is not always right. There are simple ways of a company responding with good customer service that lets them know they were heard, which is what most people want. You were heard, and, yeah... no, we're not doing anything about it. Again, Matty's  "the appropriate action has been taken."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

I haven't seen anyone angry or "outraged" in this discussion. Just people not agreeing with you in a logical manner. Hence the confusion at the shade throwing.

I’m tired, I’m crabby, my head hurts, and arguing this with two people I respect and like (well, you, anyway... the jury is still out on Tolya) isn’t the mountain I want to die on.

I don’t work for, and can’t speak for, LL about why they do or don’t do anything. If they feel it’s important enough to speak up about, they can. I’m not their mouthpiece.

I’m just... meh.

In point of fact, LL does acknowledge your submission of an Abuse Report.  You get a form letter via email telling you they've received your report, and expressing sympathy that something bad happened to you.

They don't owe you anything else, and you won't get it.  LL goes to great lengths to protect everyone's privacy.  That includes the privacy of individuals against whom ARs are filed.  Even if and when those individuals are given a suspension or a ban.

The fact that they don't tell you anything about the outcome of your AR does NOT mean that they don't pay attention to ARs.  LL has repeatedly said that they look at every Abuse Report that's submitted.  I have personally seen people vanish from the grid after they'd been reported, so I know that LL does take prompt action on at least some ARs.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

They don't owe you anything else, and you won't get it. 

Just because they don't owe you anything, doesn't make it the same as good, reasonable customer service. Just because they don't owe you respect as a customer doesn't mean they shouldn't give it.

Interesting how people are annoyed at the concept of good and reasonable customer service. 

23 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

LL goes to great lengths to protect everyone's privacy.  That includes the privacy of individuals against whom ARs are filed.  Even if and when those individuals are given a suspension or a ban.

Good customer service, as has been discussed here, is not antithetical with the idea of protecting privacy. The privacy issue is another red herring.

24 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

The fact that they don't tell you anything about the outcome of your AR does NOT mean that they don't pay attention to ARs.

Correct. The fact that they don't tell you ANYTHING just tells you nothing. That's all you can infer from silence...nada. You also cannot say that the fact that they don't tell you anything means that they DID pay attention.

Where has anyone said they need an accounting of exact outcomes? Who has advocated for complete transparency? To argue that is the issue is a straw man argument.

26 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

LL has repeatedly said that they look at every Abuse Report that's submitted. 

Yeah, and I tell my trainer I exercise every day, like clockwork.

You know a good way to ascertain whether LL looks at any, let alone all, AR's? For there to be good, reasonable follow up customer support, in the form like so many other companies do: automated boilerplate messages. Not just the one automated reply one gets when one hits submit. If they are truly following up each AR, then they have a protocol. When "Step xyz" is hit, it causes template 123 to be sent. It isn't rocket science. It isn't illegal. It isn't compromising anyone's privacy. It isn't costing LL more than pennies per AR. It is just providing...wait for it... good and reasonable customer service.

27 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I have personally seen people vanish from the grid after they'd been reported, so I know that LL does take prompt action on at least some ARs.

That's nice anecdotal evidence, just as nice as the anecdotal evidence Tolya and I cited, right?  Giving it the benefit of the doubt, you have inferred proof that LL takes action (prompt or otherwise) on some ARs. Whereas the rest of the inference points to they do not.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I’m tired, I’m crabby, my head hurts, and arguing this with two people I respect and like (well, you, anyway... the jury is still out on Tolya) isn’t the mountain I want to die on.

I don’t work for, and can’t speak for, LL about why they do or don’t do anything. If they feel it’s important enough to speak up about, they can. I’m not their mouthpiece.

I’m just... meh.

HEYYYY!!!!!

As an elitist snob with delusions of godhood, I reject juries anyway.  My fate determined by 12 people people too stupid to evade jury duty?  NOT!  Besides, "a jury of my peers"?  I have few peers 😛

Anyway, I'm just expressing frustration with the PERCEPTION LL's AR system leaves.  For customers, perception is reality.  LL can change either (my perception or the reality) to make their customers happier, but they don't.  I perceive they do anything with AR's, because I know I've been reported and nothing happened.

My original point was, mainland areas (ie. non private estate sims) suck precisely because LL is an absentee landlord, gathering in rents and doing nothing when a customer has a problem.  In a private sim, if it's any good, someone who cares will at least investigate and ban, and if they ignore your complaint, you know it's not a well managed place.

If you think we're outraged, it's time to change subjects, because it's not worth people getting mad over.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

You know a good way to ascertain whether LL looks at any, let alone all, AR's? For there to be good, reasonable follow up customer support, in the form like so many other companies do: automated boilerplate messages. Not just the one automated reply one gets when one hits submit. If they are truly following up each AR, then they have a protocol. When "Step xyz" is hit, it causes template 123 to be sent. It isn't rocket science. It isn't illegal. It isn't compromising anyone's privacy. It isn't costing LL more than pennies per AR. It is just providing...wait for it... good and reasonable customer service.

Agreed.  I am a million miler actual somebody customer with Delta. I let them know when something really bad happened, and when something really good happened.  I get an initial automated email from Delta thanking me for contacting them and promising a response in a timely fashion, and then a specific follow up.  It's not "we fired the person you complained about", but it's "we have taken steps to stop it from happening again" if it's a complaint.  That's a MINIMAL acceptable response.  What LL provides is not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

In point of fact, LL does acknowledge your submission of an Abuse Report.  You get a form letter via email telling you they've received your report, and expressing sympathy that something bad happened to you.

They don't owe you anything else, and you won't get it.  LL goes to great lengths to protect everyone's privacy.  That includes the privacy of individuals against whom ARs are filed.  Even if and when those individuals are given a suspension or a ban.

The fact that they don't tell you anything about the outcome of your AR does NOT mean that they don't pay attention to ARs.  LL has repeatedly said that they look at every Abuse Report that's submitted.  I have personally seen people vanish from the grid after they'd been reported, so I know that LL does take prompt action on at least some ARs.

It's not about what LL owes us - it's about what would be good customer service.  Also, most of the people AR'd are griefer alts who disappear all the time - so them vanishing has no evidential weight.

8 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Totally agree. The company I use has a phrase; "the appropriate action has been taken."

That's what was said when a customer filed a complaint against me, and demanded that I be fired immediately, because I refused to give him a refund to which he was not entitled. The appropriate action in this case was praise from my manager for remaining polite and professional, even though the customer didn't really deserve it. But I like to think that customer believes that I really was fired.

Love your new profile pic! That tagline, though... (groans...)

Reminds me of a grown-up joke that plays off the stereotype of Cockney accents involving a windy day, a woman wearing a short skirt and no underwear, and a passerby trying to make the best of a surprising, awkward sight.

35 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

My original point was, mainland areas (ie. non private estate sims) suck precisely because LL is an absentee landlord, gathering in rents and doing nothing when a customer has a problem. 

I’m a new mainland owner. I’ve had my land maybe two months, I think. I’ve had a couple issues with it. I’ve had no less than three Lindens and two Moles come by to help me out.

Anecdotal, yes, but isn’t all of this anecdotal based on our own experiences?

shrugs

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Love your new profile pic! That tagline, though... (groans...)

Reminds me of a grown-up joke that plays off the stereotype of Cockney accents involving a windy day, a woman wearing a short skirt and no underwear, and a passerby trying to make the best of a surprising, awkward sight.

It's actually a play on the description of Earth in Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy; Mostly Harmless.

Because I am such a hoopy frood and I know where my towel is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

It's actually a play on the description of Earth in Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy; Mostly Harmless.

Because I am such a hoopy frood and I know where my towel is.

Yes, I got that. And perhaps you didn't intend a playful comment on your physical obstacle, it put me in mind of that. Which is fine, and I like that attitude, if that is what you were going for. :)

Btw, the joke involves the word airy (windy) being taken as the word 'airy, to which the woman replies, "What the 'ell did you expect, feathers???" ;)

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.