Jump to content

this guy is crashing everyone at nelsonia.


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

so there's this guy called daniel who comes to Nelsonia, and notecard crashes and sim crashes everyone at nelsonia, reason? there's no reason, he's a psychopath.

and i've been reporting him in like 2 days now nonstop with Linden Labs not doing ANYTHING about it.

How long does it have to take for someone to get banned fulltime? cause this is ridicoulus.

I have evidence, and I have videoproof.

 

note the pic I'm uploading where he's crashing the sim, and his profile isn't loading up, that's what a sim crash does, it locks your avatar in place, and doesn't do *****.

 

 

Edited by Schimeon
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Schimeon said:

so there's this guy called daniel who comes to Nelsonia, and notecard crashes and sim crashes everyone at nelsonia, reason? there's no reason, he's a psychopath.

and i've been reporting him in like 2 days now nonstop with Linden Labs not doing ANYTHING about it.

How long does it have to take for someone to get banned fulltime? cause this is ridicoulus.

I have evidence, and I have videoproof.

 

note the pic I'm uploading where he's crashing the sim, and his profile isn't loading up, that's what a sim crash does, it locks your avatar in place, and doesn't do *****.

 

You need to remove the picture as it contains the persons name and naming and shaming is not allowed on the forums

You need to file a clear concise abuse report with proof and let LL do their own investigating.   You will not be informed of their decision 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

You need to remove the picture as it contains the persons name and naming and shaming is not allowed on the forums

You need to file a clear concise abuse report with proof and let LL do their own investigating.   You will not be informed of their decision 

Done and done.

and you can't really get a clear concise abuse report or even proof cause he crashes the sim without doing much, he's crashing vilania and nelsonia now 6 times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

LL can check up your AR and check the logs to see the mentioned names and times of the sims going down.  You can file a report without actually being on the sim being griefed.  You just have to back up your proof with names and times for LL to look it up

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

LL can check up your AR and check the logs to see the mentioned names and times of the sims going down.  You can file a report without actually being on the sim being griefed.  You just have to back up your proof with names and times for LL to look it up

not sure they will do that tho, lol, i've had my freinds reporting him aswell now so, best of lucks I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

and there "we're not going to let you know what we did" policy simply aggravates the impression that the Lindens are by and large useless.

Yup. I never understood the lack of follow up. It doesn't take that long to fire out a generic "this happened" IM/email/whatever. The silence does make it appear like absolutely nothing is done. I always assumed it was because nothing was being done, and they didn't want to fess up to it. As far as I can tell, no AR I ever filed ever did a darn bit of good, and as far as I can tell none of the ARs were even read. For years. I doubt I would bother to ever file one again.

Even the frikkin cable companies send you a canned response to a complaint. They aren't known for their customer service.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

LL is terrible at handling inworld problems, and there "we're not going to let you know what we did" policy simply aggravates the impression that the Lindens are by and large useless.

Hard disagree. 

If the Lindens punish me for something, that is absolutely none of your business even if you are the one who alerted them to whatever behavior it was that made them punish me. 

Also, and I can only speak for myself on this, but every time I've filed a report about someone, I've never had trouble with that person again. 

10 hours ago, Schimeon said:

and i've been reporting him in like 2 days now nonstop with Linden Labs not doing ANYTHING about it.

#1 - Calm the frick down. Bogging down their system with "nonstop" complaints isn't going to get you help any faster. It's going to bog down the system and take them even longer to sort through to figure out what the hell is going on. 

#2 - You have absolutely no idea, nor is it any of your business, if LL is doing anything about it. 

Geez Louise, people. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Hard disagree. 

If the Lindens punish me for something, that is absolutely none of your business even if you are the one who alerted them to whatever behavior it was that made them punish me. 

 

There's a difference between informing the complainant that something has been done, in generic terms, and in going into gory xyz details of what was done. Total silence doesn't let you know anything. Silence gives a bad impression. It is shouting into the void, and is rather terrible customer service. I'm glad you had positive experiences with your ARs (sincere) but I filed for years on the same folks and saw absolutely zero happen. The LL silence made me assume that zero was done. I filed a few other ARs, for various reasons, and received the same deathly silence. There's a simple, slightly more time consuming (emphasis on slightly), better way to do it. Always has been. 99.9999% of companies do it.

ETA: One big reason I believed the silence meant zero had been done, is that I was pretty sure (had been told) that others AR'ed against me. Guess what? I never heard one word from LL about that, either. You can't convince me that they did anything, to any of those ARs, ever, mine or theirs. Granted this was many years ago, but I doubt anything has changed.

 

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

There's a difference between informing the complainant that something has been done, in generic terms, and in going into gory xyz details of what was done. Total silence doesn't let you know anything. Silence gives a bad impression. It is shouting into the void, and is rather terrible customer service. I'm glad you had positive experiences with your ARs (sincere) but I filed for years on the same folks and saw absolutely zero happen. The LL silence made me assume that zero was done. I filed a few other ARs, for various reasons, and received the same deathly silence. There's a simple, slightly more time consuming (emphasis on slightly), better way to do it. Always has been. 99.9999% of companies do it.

 

Totally agree. The company I use has a phrase; "the appropriate action has been taken."

That's what was said when a customer filed a complaint against me, and demanded that I be fired immediately, because I refused to give him a refund to which he was not entitled. The appropriate action in this case was praise from my manager for remaining polite and professional, even though the customer didn't really deserve it. But I like to think that customer believes that I really was fired.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

You can't convince me that they did anything, to any of those ARs, ever, mine or theirs.

I don't know the circumstances, but LL doesn't step in when there are resident to resident disputes, do they? 

I absolutely don't know the details of your history, and they aren't any of my business. I know there have been times when I have reported someone for something that I considered harassment at the time, but was in truth just an argument. Support doesn't exist to referee resident fights. 

I'm not at all saying that's what's happened in your situations, though, since I truly have no knowledge of it. I just hope that whatever it was has stopped and you aren't experiencing it anymore. 🙂

7 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Totally agree. The company I use has a phrase; "the appropriate action has been taken."

Do they use that phrase without prompting, or do they use that phrase when someone asks? It carries about as much weight as "We are taking this situation very seriously." 

Would people really consider it better customer service to get those canned cheesy responses that don't actually tell you anything about anything? 

They are very limited in what they can say about any sort of disciplinary matters because their lawyers tell them to say as little as possible and draft carefully worded statements like "the appropriate action has been taken and we are taking this situation very seriously" because lawsuits and liability are a thing. 

LL telling residents what actions have been taken against other residents, or that any punitive action at all has been taken would open them up to lawsuits. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Hard disagree.

If the Lindens punish me for something, that is absolutely none of your business even if you are the one who alerted them to whatever behavior it was that made them punish me.

This is exactly why LL does not tell you what, if anything, they did.  Huzzah!  Beth and I agree on something!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Hard disagree. 

If the Lindens punish me for something, that is absolutely none of your business even if you are the one who alerted them to whatever behavior it was that made them punish me. 

Also, and I can only speak for myself on this, but every time I've filed a report about someone, I've never had trouble with that person again. 

 

As with Seicher, I'm not looking to know that you were warned or banned or whatnot, but the utter lack of response is ridiculous and makes it pretty clear that nothing is indeed done.  I'll make an RL example.  If I received a sexual harassment complaint, and the complainant got zero feedback from me on the complaint, I'd be expecting to see that person in court later.  I don't need to tell the complainant all the gory details, but a "thanks for bringing your concerns to us, we've investigated and, based on the information we were able to learn and that you provided, we've taken appropriate action.  Please let us know if you have further problems" letter (with a delivery confirmation) lets the person know we've done what we can. 

I ran BDSM place for years, and we had a fair number of people we'd ban and they'd routinely claim they were filing an AR for sexual *****, a few even sent me screen shots.  Not once did I hear anything from LL.  That pretty much tells me LL ignores AR's.  I've never had a problem with those people again because I banned and muted them - which is the only really effective way to deal with troublemakers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

I ran BDSM place for years, and we had a fair number of people we'd ban and they'd routinely claim they were filing an AR for sexual *****, a few even sent me screen shots.  Not once did I hear anything from LL.  That pretty much tells me LL ignores AR's.  I've never had a problem with those people again because I banned and muted them - which is the only really effective way to deal with troublemakers.

Exactly. LL doesn't get involved in resident to resident disputes like that. Those ARs would certainly be put in the circular file. 

LL wouldn't contact you in that case because they already know they aren't acting on it, and they wouldn't contact the person filing the complaint because that would just lead to a buck-ton of back and forth with someone who is so unstable that they file bogus ARs when they get banned from a place, or some complete loon hiring a billboard lawyer and calling the National Enquirer to complain that they were sexually harassed in SL and LL told them to shove it. No one cares that the truth is that they filed a false complaint, all they will hear is more of the same crap about SL that has been spewn on tech blogs since the beginning. 

Instead of having to face the potential bad press when someone like... the overnight poster... goes bonkers, they look the other way knowing they are legally protected, they are not giving the loon a platform to speak, and if something does miraculously gets to a court of law, the complainant would be tossed out on their ear, LL would win court fees at the very least, and no one in the tech media cares enough to report on something that LL only has to say "We do not comment on blah, blah, blah..."

They are never, ever going to change the policy of not telling complainants anything about ARs they filed. That would just be a bad policy and their lawyers would go ballistic.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

A complaint on whatever topic, covered by LL, covered by TOS, OR NOT, deserves an acknowledgement. If one of your customers takes the time to make an official complaint--and there ARE time-consuming hoops to jump through to make an AR--then good and reasonable customer service should respond, in some way, such as the boilerplate @Matty Luminos gave with "the appropriate action has been taken." In this time of automation and templates there is no excuse not to. This has ZERO to do with legal issues, none--that's a red herring. It is about customer perception and customer service. LL's failing to communicate is policy, really poor policy.

ETA: I've owned my own business and dealt with customer service seven days a week. I worked in customer service in other people's businesses. I've taught topics in customer service. But hey, what do I know?

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Exactly. LL doesn't get involved in resident to resident disputes like that. Those ARs would certainly be put in the circular file. 

LL wouldn't contact you in that case because they already know they aren't acting on it, and they wouldn't contact the person filing the complaint because that would just lead to a buck-ton of back and forth with someone who is so unstable that they file bogus ARs when they get banned from a place, or some complete loon hiring a billboard lawyer and calling the National Enquirer to complain that they were sexually harassed in SL and LL told them to shove it. No one cares that the truth is that they filed a false complaint, all they will hear is more of the same crap about SL that has been spewn on tech blogs since the beginning. 

Instead of having to face the potential bad press when someone like... the overnight poster... goes bonkers, they look the other way knowing they are legally protected, they are not giving the loon a platform to speak, and if something does miraculously gets to a court of law, the complainant would be tossed out on their ear, LL would win court fees at the very least, and no one in the tech media cares enough to report on something that LL only has to say "We do not comment on blah, blah, blah..."

They are never, ever going to change the policy of not telling complainants anything about ARs they filed. That would just be a bad policy and their lawyers would go ballistic.

 

There certainly wasn't any such activity going on, but if they are not going to do anything with an ***** complaint, then what WOULD they do something about?  I can't think of a bigger potential issue for SL than someone filing a pedophilia type of complaint to LL, not hearing a single word back about it, and THEN going to the Enquirer and showing their list of times they complained and NOTHING was done about it.  Next thing you know, SL is on Dateline (if it's still around) as the virtual reality refuge for pedophilia.  They don't need to give the loon a platform - there is the entire internet, including Virtual Secrets, et al., to use.  The fact that they make no response whatsoever, and the widespread assumption that they DO nothing (which you ascribe to with your circular file comment) GIVES them something to talk about on whatever platform they choose. 

BTW - lawyers in RL go ballistic when you don't give any response to such claims (it's about the easiest way to hand a case to a workplace harassment complainant), so I cannot imagine they would endorse a "no response" policy on SL.  Why do you think Farcebook and other sites remove content at the mere hint of a complaint about it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

The fact that they make no response whatsoever, and the widespread assumption that they DO nothing (which you ascribe to with your circular file comment) GIVES them something to talk about on whatever platform they choose. 

This is the customer perception I was talking about. The silence leaves a bad taste in one's mouth. Since there is nothing given, one can only imagine what did or didn't happen, and that is usually much worse than being told some version of the truth. That's human nature.

Give me, or anyone fluent in customer service, 24 hours and we could come up with IM/email/notecard, whatever, boilerplate templates for the top twenty reasons people AR. And we'd probably not use the full 24 hours. Give the templates to legal to make everyone happy. I would guess that would take 1 hour. Boom. Problem solved. This will not happen because the original policy was drawn up under the libertarian idealistic principles that the founder of SL based things on. (No, that's not an invitation to a political debate. It is just SL was founded with a wild-west, hands-off approach. It is a matter of record.) 

Edited by Seicher Rae
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

Nah... this topic just isn’t worth getting all angry about in the grand scheme of all the things (for me, anyway). There’s enough poop happening in the next week already.

 

I haven't seen anyone angry or "outraged" in this discussion. Just people not agreeing with you in a logical manner. Hence the confusion at the shade throwing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Hard disagree. 

If the Lindens punish me for something, that is absolutely none of your business even if you are the one who alerted them to whatever behavior it was that made them punish me.

And if the person making the complaint is just wrong, I am sure it is much easier not to have to tell them. I am sure this happens a lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...