New Victorian house error

Kahmarii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i keep getting this message when i try to open doors or windows and its my land. Any suggestions

[19:47] LH - Victorian - The Hardy v1.0: Sorry, Nγαimα ƊօƖƖ Lίnette, but you are not authorized to open and close the doors, blinds and windows of this house.  If you think you are receiving this message in error, please contact the owner of this parcel and ask them to put you on the list of authorized users

• Sad 1

16 answers to this question

• Moles

No, in fact, Live Chat can't fix the controller in the new Linden Homes. The particular problem you are experiencing is a bit of a fluke.  Linden Lab released an immense number of new regions on Monday, and they were flooded with new residents who immediately started rezzing houses like mad.  That slows down a region's servers quite a bit, so many scripts were experiencing some lag.  That's why Patch Linden posted a plea in the Land forums, asking residents to slow down and be patient.  As an added factor, the new Victorian homes have more complicated stuff going on under the hood -- stuff that takes a little while to initialize when you rez a new home.  There a chat warning that pops up as soon as you click your mailbox, telling you to wait for at least 30 seconds before touching your house.  That's why. If you start messing with doors and windows and the control panel before the house has initialized, it may lock up. If so, just rez a new house and be more patient next time.

• Like 1

• Moles

We have now put some updated houses in the rezzers which should fix the issue -- if you're having difficulties, please rez a new house (it's safest to stand outside the parcel when you do this because if the house collides with an avatar while it's rezzing and initialising, this can cause weird physics issues with the mesh) and give house 30 seconds to finish reading all the data it needs from the servers.

After that, the owner should be able to use it without difficulties.

If problems persist, please report the issue by raising a support ticket, giving the slurl for the house, obviously, and also the full name of the house (select the house in edit, and copy-paste the name), including the version number.

The latest versions are

Doyle: v1.24
Hardy: v1.25
Shelley: v1.26
Verne: v1.25

If your house does not have that version number, please re-rez it, and if the new house fresh from the rezzer still has the wrong number, please report it as a matter of urgency (as far as I could tell after the update finished, all was well, but SL never ceases to find ways to surprise me).

I still have this problem, but only with The Verne. Which is so annoying. That's the house I want. Tried everything. No luck.

Keep getting this message:
  . . . you are not authorized to open and close the doors, blinds and windows of this house.   . . . . . 

Edited by TimothySKing

2 hours ago, TimothySKing said:

I still have this problem, but only with The Verne. Which is so annoying. That's the house I want. Tried everything. No luck.

Keep getting this message:
  . . . you are not authorized to open and close the doors, blinds and windows of this house.   . . . . . 

Try resetting the controls then re-rez the house. Click and hold on the mailbox until it resets (I believe it's hold for two seconds - though I'd just hold it until it goes LOL). Then try re-rezzing the same house, then hit the controls inside to "register" yourself. Let us know if that does the trick or not. :)

If you still get this message, then use the controls to set access to Everyone, then back to owner. Maybe even add someone to the list, then set access to List. (Even if only temporarily to "kick it".)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

I read somewhere that one of these problems has a temporary workaround in which you re-rez the house from scratch and then wait a full 60 seconds before doing anything more.

(I think I heard this from a Linden at the voice Concierge User Group meeting so I can't find it in the chat transcript. Or maybe I just imagined it.)

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1

• Moles

The workaround is:

• Step off the parcel
  • Rez a new house
  • Do not re-enter the parcel, touch the house, or try to interact with it in any way, for 60 seconds

After that, everything should work as expected.

We know what's causing the problem and have a solution ready, which we will roll out as soon as we're given the go-ahead.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just got the same parcel at Greyfriar, which I had abandoned earlier because I got the error message "15:14] LH - Victorian - The Verne v1.22: Sorry, Granny Weather - Ogg, but you are not authorized to open ...". The problem is still there with the Verne, even after using the tactics above 😕

On 1/26/2020 at 1:06 PM, Quartz Mole said:

The workaround is:

• Step off the parcel
  • Rez a new house
  • Do not re-enter the parcel, touch the house, or try to interact with it in any way, for 60 seconds

After that, everything should work as expected.

We know what's causing the problem and have a solution ready, which we will roll out as soon as we're given the go-ahead.

I just followed these instructions exactly, and am still not able to gain entry to the Verne. Are there any other workarounds to try? 

ETA: Shelley and Doyle work fine. I did not try Hardy. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.