Fixing your house

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone know of a good way to perfectly align your house once a part goes missing?

SL ate a part of my house a couple of days ago, and after a few sim restarts, my roommate and I are trying to put the missing piece back. I have no idea how builders do it, because for the life of us, no matter what we do a part of the house still isn't lined up correctly.

A general suggestion is to edit by the numbers.

Use whole numbers for the location of the overal house, and try to keep parts of it in easy divisions.

I try to keep things in units of .05 or .1 - and not much finer. But for the whole numbers, a division of 4.

Land in SL comes in squares that are 4m by 4m on a side. You land's boundaries will always be some division of 4. In fact an ideal thing to do when one gets land is to rez a 4m cube at each corner of the lot so you know your boundaries. Math out the length and width, and then go to megaprim.sl and get a mega prim of that size but not too thick (or rotate it if one doesn't match your dimensions). Put that megaprim in the sky somewhere and landmark it - it makes a great place to 'sandbox' and experiment.

- But you can always move it up or down through your house and such to be sure none of your stuff is in a neighbor's land and vice versa.

I'm using Skidz  tools for my build although it can be laggy in some places. But it does what it says, it did aligned mine perfectly well and I have not noticed those annoying flickers, a tell tale sign of bad prim alignments. Best part, I don't need to use Maths to calculate!  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.