Nothing happens when I click the Control Panel on the new Victorians

Corvi Ashdene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I grabbed a Victorian last night but I don't get any options when I click the control panel. Nothing pops up anywhere for me to make choices.  After a minute or so I get this:

[08:56] LH - Victorian - The Hardy v1.0: Control menu has timed out. Touch control panel again to make any further changes.
[08:56] LH - Victorian - The Hardy v1.0:
House details updated.

Help!

Yeah Hardy has issues.

Switch to another home style - DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING; wait until you see a message that says 'Access list updated'

Switch back to the Hardy - DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING; wait for the same message. Once you see that - it MIGHT work. If not, repeat this until it does - you MUST wait and NOT touch anything until you see that Access list message... for BOTH the swap-to home and the Hardy once you return to it.

The switching home styles doesn't always work had the problem couldn't access the doors/control panel on the Hardy at all despite trying the rezz a different style of home trick multiple times. the lovely @Squeaky Mole was generous enough to spare a bit of time to fix mine but did say that changing to a different home style might break it again 

7 hours ago, Jenny Ashland said:

I had a problem with the Hardy house yesterday. It would not let me in the door... The switching houses worked. There are a lot of people operating their control panels and mailboxes so it just takes a little more... 

Common problem with the Hardy as it was not working "as should". Patch commented back to a post I made on that yesterday and said basically that you need to stand  AWAY from the house and change to another style and back to Hardy and wait a FULL MINUTE and THEN try and access the control panel. The door might still be locked (not sure on that) but if you can cam -- you can click on the control panel and tell it to let everyone in.  

Look back at Patch's thread comments to get it in his words -- that would be better. I wasn't paying too much attention as I don't have a Victorian and my friend changed to a different style house :D.   

If that doesn't work then of course send in a ticket. 

• Moles

I'm sorry for the trouble with the Hardy home, a fix for this is being worked on and almost ready for deployment.

As mentioned above, the best temp-fix is rezzing the house without touching it with your avatar or mouse click for 30 seconds.
If that does not work please wait for the hotfix that should arrive very soon.

• Thanks 5

5 hours ago, Squeaky Mole said:

I'm sorry for the trouble with the Hardy home, a fix for this is being worked on and almost ready for deployment.

As mentioned above, the best temp-fix is rezzing the house without touching it with your avatar or mouse click for 30 seconds.
If that does not work please wait for the hotfix that should arrive very soon.

That sounds like a pretty squeaky answer...

OH! IT IS! 💝

14 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The switching home styles doesn't always work had the problem couldn't access the doors/control panel on the Hardy at all despite trying the rezz a different style of home trick multiple times. the lovely @Squeaky Mole was generous enough to spare a bit of time to fix mine but did say that changing to a different home style might break it again 

Yes this happened with me. They fixed mine, but when I switched styles the 'fixed' Hardy would not go away so I had a double stack - even two Hardy homes at the same time. They had to come by and manually remove the stuck copy.

Good to see a fix is being developed. The Hardy is nice but I decided for the Shelly to have the upstairs landing that... I have almost barely not put anything into... but hey... plans... :)

• Moles
2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Oddly, the Hardy works fine for me, as do the others, except for the Shelley. Its control panel is totally unresponsive. Could someone look at that model as well? Thanks! 

That's turning out to be a harder bug to pin down than we thought, Sylvia, largely because it only seems to affect a very few houses, randomly. I feel a little like the auto mechanic with a customer who wants me to fix a rattle that was there yesterday but went silent on the way to the shop.  It's going to take some patient experimentation to fix. 

For now, if you have this problem I suggest either (a) rezzing a new copy of the house or (b) choosing a different model of the home.  The bug appears to only make a difference as the home is rezzing, so when you rez one that works properly, it should be fine from then on.  We'll keep banging on things in the shop until we get it resolved properly, and we'll push out an update as soon as we can. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

That's turning out to be a harder bug to pin down than we thought, Sylvia, largely because it only seems to affect a very few houses, randomly. I feel a little like the auto mechanic with a customer who wants me to fix a rattle that was there yesterday but went silent on the way to the shop.  It's going to take some patient experimentation to fix. 

For now, if you have this problem I suggest either (a) rezzing a new copy of the house or (b) choosing a different model of the home.  The bug appears to only make a difference as the home is rezzing, so when you rez one that works properly, it should be fine from then on.  We'll keep banging on things in the shop until we get it resolved properly, and we'll push out an update as soon as we can. 

Thanks, Dyna! The one that got fixed stopped working again, so rather than ask for help again, I tried resetting the mailbox. I currently have a working version of the Shelley, so hopefully this one will behave for a while. :) 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.