Premium Membership - Redeeming Land?

Tex Carthage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I’m a new premium member and I didn’t like any of the homes SL has listed. I wanted to live in a nice suburban neighborhood and found an incredible area by Lionheart. Bought a house and set it up there. 

So with my premium membership I have 1024msq allotted and my land is 1280msq. 

The way I understood it was I could apply that 1024msq to my land (rented) and just pay the difference. Is this correct? 

If so, I’m not sure how to do so. In my owned land / parcel option from the menu it shows I have 1024 allotted... and I see my parcel listed there with 1280... but where it shows how much I’ve used on land it still shows 0. 

I’ve sent Lionheart and SL both support tickets but nothing yet... any ideas?? Please help, thanks!

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Tex Carthage said:

So I’m a new premium member and I didn’t like any of the homes SL has listed. I wanted to live in a nice suburban neighborhood and found an incredible area by Lionheart. Bought a house and set it up there. 

So with my premium membership I have 1024msq allotted and my land is 1280msq. 

The way I understood it was I could apply that 1024msq to my land (rented) and just pay the difference. Is this correct? 

If so, I’m not sure how to do so. In my owned land / parcel option from the menu it shows I have 1024 allotted... and I see my parcel listed there with 1280... but where it shows how much I’ve used on land it still shows 0. 

I’ve sent Lionheart and SL both support tickets but nothing yet... any ideas?? Please help, thanks!

sounds to me you rent from a private landlord?.. Lionheart?
Your 1024 tier free land will only be valid at owning mainland. Rentals are not participating in that system.

• Like 2

Alwin is correct.

Lionheart is a Private Estate (and a very nice one, too, congratulations).  When you lease land from a private estate owner, that is completely separate from buying Mainland or getting a Linden Home there.  Your Premium land benefits don't apply.

If land was the only reason you became a Premium member, you could downgrade back to Basic.  However, you won't get a refund for any unused time on your Premium membership.  Plus, once your membership expires, you'd lose the other benefits, such as the $L300 per week stipend.

You can also reside happily on your private estate parcel, and keep an eye out on the Linden Homes page.  Even the styles of homes that are most in demand occasionally become available.  When you see that one you like is being offered, grab it.  Then you can stop paying rent to your estate owner, and move into your Linden Home instead.  Or keep both...you won't have to pay any additional money, and you'll have a "summer home"!

• Like 1

Your new landlord has a whole Knowledge Base dedicated to their product😉

Besides private estates and Linden Homes, you could also look around the Mainland continents and find a plot that you like. Such a plot will have an upfront purchase price, though.

Or if you feel generous, you can donate your free tier to a friend's land group.

Last, but not least: just claim any of the available Linden Homes and enjoy a second spot to teleport to.

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche

Your landlord may be willing to offer you a discount on the rental price if you donate your spare tier to his land group. It's not likely to be worth as much doing that as buying your own 1024m parcel of mainland though. And mainland is stupidly cheap right now: I couldn't sell mine for even L$1 per sq m, and I ended up abandoning it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.