How do i put on this Pepe Skins skin?

ramenbroth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, im new to second life and i bought a Pepe skin because they're very pretty, and i tought i was gonna just click over it and put it on, but its not doing anything and the skin is not showing, how do i put on the skin so it shows? Second Life is more complicated than i tought.

Since you're new, you are quite likely wearing one of the pre-made mesh avatars. 3rd party skins aren't meant to work with these avatars. Your skin is hidden underneath that avatar right now.

Read on a bit about mesh bodies and mesh heads and customizing your avatar. There's a lot of helpful info around here.

Rather don't buy products instantly, get used to collect demos and try them on, especially for expensive stuff. 

8 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Since you're new, you are quite likely wearing one of the pre-made mesh avatars. 3rd party skins aren't meant to work with these avatars. Your skin is hidden underneath that avatar right now.

Read on a bit about mesh bodies and mesh heads and customizing your avatar. There's a lot of helpful info around here.

Rather don't buy products instantly, get used to collect demos and try them on, especially for expensive stuff. 

The bolded is very important. Trusted, genuine sellers offer a demo so their customers can look before they buy. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/162649/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[keywords]=demo

Trying demos is the most important thing to know.

Second life is complicated. Bodies and heads are a whole industry. Demos helps you be sure this is the product for your avatar. But now you found the forum, so you can also ask here for help.

Sadly there are skin thiefs who get skin UUIDs illegally and sell them cheap. These skins does not have a demo. A warning signal is also if the skin stores name does not match the skins on offer.

• Like 1

Yes my mistake, i bought a skin thinking they get put on just like the other skins, or the clothes which i had no problem with putting on, basically i wanted to change myself quickly because i couldn't stand watching my avatar without the style i like.

I'm learning here that Second Life needs some computer knowledge to function too haha. I tried demos of things i was interested in before, can't afford right now because it's quite expensive in real money for me and i don't see the point right now, i will still keep informing myself on how all this works cause right now i feel lost and i don't need to rush.

Whilst using an avatar which doesn't appeal to you is, well, unappealing, don't see it as a sprint to perfection. My avatar has evolved a lot over the years, with the advent of new technology (mesh, then bento mesh), input from others (mostly when it's "I'd love to dance, but you're just too short!"), and personal preference. My avatar used to be a pot-bellied system ruffian who then became a police constable due to my role in the region I settled in. Then that region closed, and a friend introduced me to a very different side of SL, where I eventually got a partner who decided that being a system avi just wouldn't cut it.

A few years on, and a few makeovers big and small later, and I've turned into something quite different from what I started out with. There are still traces of my past in my appearance though; the scar is, whilst not exactly similar to the original, a representation of the scar that was part of the system skin I used to wear. Beardiness is a must, I always was bearded, and wouldn't upgrade to a mesh head until I found a beard for one. I did have to give up on my mohawk .. Which may have been a good thing, according to some. Oh well. I'm now quite happy where I'm at, but also open to new changes - Genus' male head may well be the next big thing for me.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2019 at 8:25 PM, SamMoon777 said:

I see on pepe skins MP she sells omega skin for genus. It means that maybe you need omega relay for genus 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omega-System-Kit-Genus/15061437

And do you use genus head?or which head you have and which skin you bought?

скачанные файлы.jpg

Genus Head and eyes come with Omega readilly installed. so you shouldn't need the relay

Yes please try the demo first,if u only knew how many items I have that just don't fit from day one when I started.But everything I know an learned on here,I learned from watching youtube Big Big help to me.Now I know everything like the back of my hands.I own all the genus heads, catwa heads,tons of shapes, skin appliers etc.An also a body 5 body types which all was so expensive,but hey, I love spending an looking good😊good luck hun

Edited by CottonKandy82
Misspelled

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.