Sign in to follow this  
Rumancekk

mesh avatar loading all jumbled

A lot of times a lot of mesh avatars don't load right for me. They're just a jumbled mess. arms and elgs all over in the wrong place.

I want a mesh body so I got a demo for a mesh body and it loaded right at first but when i relogged and tried to reapply it, it's just a jumbled mess. it won't load.. i don't know how to fix this. i've reset it. myself, but it's still a jumbled mess. i took it off and put it back on; i'm still a jumbled mess. i don't want to buy a mesh body and then onyl be able to see it some times. s how do i fix it?

this happened within a span of a few minutes, i didn't update my drivers at all. 

romanscondlife_192.png

Edited by Rumancekk

That's a common occurrence with rigged mesh objects attached to avatars when you're loading textures and rendering meshes. The best way to avoid it is to make sure that you log in to a region without too much clutter, to let your avatar render. It should sort itself within a few moments, but if the problem persists and only affects you, it might be worth trying to refresh your attachments (under avatar health), or by detaching and re-attaching the body parts.

Check your internet connection. It may not be broad enough or stable enough to maintain a steady enough connection in order to finish rezzing eveything. And unlike most games, which will try to reconnect after a failure, SL doesn't always do that.

If you are on wireless, try plugging into your router with an ethernet cable instead.

And if that doesn't work, check out some of the other solutions here: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/lag_info

At login a lot is going on and your connection is really busy. So, it is common to see avatars rez'ing slowly. As Orwar suggests you can try logging onto a region that is empty and deserted. Try Furball.

You can also wait a minute for things to catch up. While you wait look at the VieWer Stats Panel (Ctrl-Shift-1). Look for packet loss. At login this can jump up to 3 or 4 percent then start dropping toward 0%. If you find packet loss is not decreasing restart the router/gateway and your computer. If loss persists above 1%+/- you will need to troubleshoot your connection. http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/  The point is to figure out if it is you, your ISP, or the region you are in or SL in general.

If it drops to or near 0% and your avatar remains scattered for like 5 minutes, change your body or outfit. Now that the login load is calmed an outfit change should work. Or TP to another region and see if things come together.

I have outfits that are my nude avatar with different bodies and heads. I use those outfits to start off new outfits. They are handy for troubleshooting render problems. Switch bodies and heads and then switch back. If it is a communication problem with SL this often fixes the render problem.

If you set your RenderVolumeLODFactor higher than 2, that may be contributing to the problem. Lower it. Long draw distance setting can slow things down. Try shorter draw distance settings.

Set your cache size to the max allowed. Set Max Bandwidth to 1500 or 80% of your max download speed, whichever is smaller.

Try another brand of viewer and see how it works.