What's your SL dream?

asteriddle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Feelin nosey...

Imagine you have an infinite amount of lindens and land at your disposal. What do you do with it? Doesn't have to be realistic, can be outlandish as you please.

I'd personally want to recreate the world from one of my favorite games in SL, I think it'd fit in a full region+connected homestead! I'd build it with maybe a friend or two and open it to the public to try and find others who enjoy the series. Plus I just got that itch to build, man.

• Like 1

This also supposes, for me, that I have the skills to do it (which I don't). I've always wanted to create a sim that represents a planet where plants have evolved or have been engineered to do all sorts of things, from houses to transportation. Houses would be grown. Transportation would be part of a tendril system. It would involve a lot of 3D mesh and scripting. But, yeah.

• Like 2

I would build a fantasy roleplay zone, of at least four regions, based on Valinor and Beleriand from Tolken's First Age (Silmarillion). One of the regions would be the glittering city of Tirion, there would also be the harbour at Losgar, the Two Trees, and a bridge of ice leading to the coast of Beleriand.

latest?cb=20070602123823

• Like 4

I used to commute 4 hours a day for work, and had a lot of time to ponder this question every time the lottery got big.

I would start with a single sim, open to only myself and close friends.  Most of the sim would be raised around 50 meters high, cliffs down to the sea, with a few little beach areas at the bottom of the cliffs.  I'd hire Safira Tempura to come out of retirement and create a modern mesh version of her "Grans" castle.  The rest would be the most beautiful gardens imaginable.

Surrounding that would be a ring of 8 sims.  At the outside of these sims would be a continuous beach, the rest would be all water, open to the public for water sports. In the air at 500m intervals would be a series of platforms, and the last 1000 meters open for skyboxes.  This housing would be given free to select individuals.

Surrounding that would be a ring of 16 sims.  I would find 15 people to manage 15 of them, and each would have it's own BDSM-oriented theme.  So, one with a Japanese bondage theme, one Medieval, etc.  The managers would be able to set up clubs, a small amount of shops, public and private areas, and be given an allotment of housing on the prior ring to give to people of their choosing - hopefully thus creating a very strong group of good people in residence.  The managers would keep any and all proceeds of the commercial aspects of these sims.  The remaining sim on this ring would be educational.  I'd give the managers generous budgets to hire custom builders for all of this.

The final ring, 24 sims (so 7x7, minus the 25 sims inside) would be open water homesteads.  The ground level for boating and underwater gardens, etc. and sandboxes for residents to create in up in the air.

And, with all of this, I'd probably just sit at home with my girl and play Hand and Foot all day...

Now, all I need to do is win a big Powerball!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.