Linden vs Resident Annual Snowball Fight?

Beth Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Is there a date for this yet? Has anyone heard anything?

I've never participated in it before but ever since I moved into Bellisseria and started getting to know some of the Lindens and Moles, I've been looking forward to it. 

I hope it's still going to happen!

It should be happening soon. I did it last year and it was a lot of fun. If you are premium there are a couple Premium-only snowball shooters, the big bazooka is a lot of fun, but so slow you won't hit anything too often, but when you do... :D Edit to add: to get the Premium weapons, you need to go to the Premium Gift kiosk and claim the gift, included will be a "Premium Token" - you wear that token to be able to use the premium snowball weapon vendor if I remember correctly.

Be prepared for LAGGY. Recommended: go there NOW. Get to know the mazes and practice. It is real important to get to know the mazes.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

With a recent change that causes already released and running scripts to randomly be delayed 2 seconds on rez, some might find such "combat" games to be broken for them.

Right now, there are two common issues that affect combat games that use projectiles:

• Physical projectiles hit and bounce off targets and any scripted effects such as sounds/particles, communication or dying will be delayed up to 2 seconds.
  • After rez, keyframe motion projectiles hover in mid air for 2 seconds before moving along a trajectory.

This also delays the object_rez() event from triggering in the rezzer by 2 seconds.

This random 2 seconds can occur in a sim with little to no script usage, whether or not the scripts are Mono or LSO compiled, whether the rezzed objects contain one script or more, whether or not the rezzed objects have active listens, whether or not there is currently any frequency of rezzing in the region.

Any and all content can be affected at any time.

The developer that made the change absolutely refuses to have any discussion over it when the topic is brought up in the server user group.

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

With a recent change that causes already released and running scripts to randomly be delayed 2 seconds on rez, some might find such "combat" games to be broken for them.

Right now, there are two common issues that affect combat games that use projectiles:

• Physical projectiles hit and bounce off targets and any scripted effects such as sounds/particles, communication or dying will be delayed up to 2 seconds.
  • After rez, keyframe motion projectiles hover in mid air for 2 seconds before moving along a trajectory.

This also delays the object_rez() event from triggering in the rezzer by 2 seconds.

This random 2 seconds can occur in a sim with little to no script usage, whether or not the scripts are Mono or LSO compiled, whether the rezzed objects contain one script or more, whether or not the rezzed objects have active listens, whether or not there is currently any frequency of rezzing in the region.

Any and all content can be affected at any time.

The developer that made the change absolutely refuses to have any discussion over it when the topic is brought up in the server user group.

I don’t speak LSL but what the EFF does this have to do with the date of the snowball fight?! 😕

• Like 1

Can confirm - the snowballs and the snowball guns work just fine. And holy crap, this place is freaking gorgeous. 

Snapshot_004.thumb.jpg.8b2ebbcac8fbcbcd5ca35a687ec5cf2e.jpg

I, however, hate guns with a passion and can't shoot worth a damn, nor can I operate in mouselook without getting myself trapped in a corner from which I cannot escape. 

I'll find myself a nice turret to hide in and hope I can stay out of the line of sight. 😋

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.