Sign in to follow this  
Kristie Morpork

names and titles of objects blocking avatars

Question

19 answers to this question

thanks bee, I've tried this, still no good. It only removes the names and tags of the avatars, then you still have all the other things such as pose balls, information tags..

Indeed. That is a major annoyance in Viewer 2. HUD texts overlap just everything because LL changed the way the text is rendered.

Like bee said about the names and tags, about the poseballs and such, you could go in the develop menu and under rendering mess around with that and see if it helps you out.

@Kristie: Well, I know where it has to be fixed, but I'm not an expert in what actually is going on as they push some OpenGL commands back and forth. So if any OpenGL expert around, feel free to contact me...

Oh, well. I can't find a single viewer that has all the good features I like and doesn't have the crummy ones. The best you can do is find a viewer that does most of what you want and then put up with its shortcomings. I agree, though, that this is a pretty crummy shortcoming.

Like I said: I know where it has to be fixed in code, but since they are pushing 2D and 3D OpenGL calls around I have no clue - at least simply copying the stuff from viewer 1 doesn't work... :(