Account held for security

CapriVixen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi...last monday my account was held for fraud reasons...a few tickets later it was held for abuse reasons...I get no explanation for what...no explanation how to fix whatever the problem is. Every ticket I now submit it gets closed. As a premium user I am now paying for something I can't use...over a few weeks I upgraded my av to mesh...bought clothes etc... does anyone know what my options are to have my account back...what the likelihood of getting it back or am I just wasting my time with the whole thing. To the best of my knowledge I have not been abused nor have I abused anyone... thanks in advance

4 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I'm sure the situation has been explained to you, whether you acknowledged it or not.

If LL's systems detect some kind of suspicious activity on an account, it can be locked while they investigate it. This could be (for example as you said) a sudden spike in spending from an account that hasn't been active for a good while, or big discrepancies in login locations, etc.

The best things you can do is ask if there's a way for you to prove your identity, or just wait while they investigate.

I didn't get any explanation...my account is fairly new plus I have used it pretty much every day since I created my account. I checked emails that came in...ticket responses when I got them and not once did they explain...other than them saying they were holding my account for fraud reasons...I followed their instructions by running a virus check...no virus was found...which I knew would be the case....then they say it was for abuse....closed that case and all I got was a representative would email me personally...which I am still waiting for....I did also verify my account from the questions I answered 

I am speculating here.  But it sounds as if LL initially suspected that your account had been compromised...that is, someone had obtained your password and was using your account to commit fraud (tempting people to visit phishing sites, peddling stolen $L, etc.).  They then asked you for information that led them to believe that YOU were the person responsible for whatever evil acts were being committed...that is, you were in control of the account.  So, they called it abuse and banned your account.

While you can submit a support ticket and appeal the decision, they don't change their minds very often.  If you are a Premium member, you should remove your payment method, if you still can.  If you can't, you should notify your card company not to accept any further charges from Linden Research, Inc.

29 minutes ago, CapriVixen said:

I get no explanation for what...

I'm sure the situation has been explained to you, whether you acknowledged it or not.

If LL's systems detect some kind of suspicious activity on an account, it can be locked while they investigate it. This could be (for example as you said) a sudden spike in spending from an account that hasn't been active for a good while, or big discrepancies in login locations, etc.

The best things you can do is ask if there's a way for you to prove your identity, or just wait while they investigate.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.