Deadheads - the final word

TheydonBois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is the only forum I trust to deliver any quality opinions on this matter.

The greatest fans of the greatest band ever?

Or soap-dodging stink monsters who should have had their LSD confiscated and been hosed down 'First Blood' style, before being forced to clean the streets?

Let this thread be the last word on the subject.

1 hour ago, TheydonBois said:

The greatest fans of the greatest band ever?

Or soap-dodging stink monsters who should have had their LSD confiscated and been hosed down 'First Blood' style, before being forced to clean the streets?

Let this thread be the last word on the subject.

Fifty years later and the argument is still going on. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheydonBois said:

You are in trouble already! 

My opinion however is that the good ones were (and are) great and the not so great ones were a drag, same as anything else. I have Several Rainbow Fam aunties and one of my favorite bookstore owners is a brother from the ground up, opening his shop to open mic sessions, band practices and jam sessions, poetry nights, helping people, etc. lots of stories, endless glasses of wine, dinner if you are hungry and comfy couches. I’ve had good experiences with most of both of these groups, Dead Fam and rainbow Fam. 

Edited by Fauve Aeon

Eh, I think I'm either just a bit too young, or on the wrong continent. I never even heard of the Grateful Dead until about 10 years ago. They were ok, I guess, I don't hate their music, but I couldn't name even one of their songs. 

I guess you had to be at Woodstock to appreciate them? Or at least belong to the generation that was listening to American music at the time. 

52 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Eh, I think I'm either just a bit too young, or on the wrong continent. I never even heard of the Grateful Dead until about 10 years ago. They were ok, I guess, I don't hate their music, but I couldn't name even one of their songs. 

I guess you had to be at Woodstock to appreciate them? Or at least belong to the generation that was listening to American music at the time. 

I was never much into the Dead, but their music did have a fairly long intergenerational following. Of course, I’m a Boomer so my opinion may not be relevant 🙂

I’m more into FFDP myself, a vast body of their music speaks directly to my soul :-)

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29588e86ac3daeda3eb3

There's a lot of boomer music I don't like, but I can understand why others would, or at least imagine how it must have felt interesting or exciting at the time.

The Grateful Dead baffle me though, I really don't get the appeal. Even if I wanted to take loads of drugs and try to have bad sex with people in tents, I wouldn't do it to 7-hour-long jams and with people who reek of armpit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.