Jump to content
Chic Aeon

Hop and Shop - Your Favs?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

snowman.thumb.jpg.dd2d262b94765f0f7cbf3b486b0134b4.jpg

 

Hop and Shop Winter 2019 opened a bit over two hours ago.  Sami (my advent blogging friend) made it in before nine by watching the map  and got through two sims before she was logged out  (boo hiss). It WAS laggy but movable (for her anyway; she has a fairly good desktop computer).

 

Here is my post with two sims of goodies highlighted. My favorite (which I will certainly pick up later) is the MADRAS Nuts set :D.  Looks like lots of great things there (not much for guys again).

 

So feel free to add to this with your comments and photos of your favs (especially for those that can't get in right now). 

 

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2019/12/second-life-hop-and-shop-winter-2019.html 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only region i had problems with is Golden was like wading through sludge even as it dwindled down to a few av's and caused a log out or two when trying to get out of it. that really affected me not being able to get round as quick as i'd hoped i ended up having no time to sift through any off the goodies other than try one i bought and put the rest all in one folder to look through, through the next few days.
I only knew the Shop & Hop had started because i have a couple of the regions in my region tracker based on previous S&H events it wasn't as packed as i'd expect it to be so early on and the one store that in the past has given out a very time limited as little as 5% discount as a "gift" surprised me by giving out an actual gift this time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The only region i had problems with is Golden was like wading through sludge even as it dwindled down to a few av's and caused a log out or two when trying to get out of it. that really affected me not being able to get round as quick as i'd hoped i ended up having no time to sift through any off the goodies other than try one i bought and put the rest all in one folder to look through, through the next few days.
I only knew the Shop & Hop had started because i have a couple of the regions in my region tracker based on previous S&H events it wasn't as packed as i'd expect it to be so early on and the one store that in the past has given out a very time limited as little as 5% discount as a "gift" surprised me by giving out an actual gift this time

Yes Golden was completely "down" for awhile (as in showing on the map but no people and Sami said that when she was there the floor didn't rez and there was water inside the shops LOL).  I got in and did the last four sims with no issues getting in or moving between the regions  -- which actually was a surprise. There were folks in the overflow areas but either they weren't trying to get in (actively) OR they weren't premium.  

 

And that store that actually gave a gift instead of a discount (so tacky I remember shaking my head vigoriously and I was not alone --as well as some missing stores) were likely (no official intel) results of complaints by other retailers in previous Hop and Shops who DID follow the rules while those other brands did not. We had "exit" forms to fill out.  And a bunch of us (this from PMs) said the same thing and some were VERY MUCH not pleased with the subverting of the event rules. I am happy that someone was listening. 

 

All in all I thought this was one of the better rounds.   I will go back and do a bit of shopping when it is more calm.  

Personally (and this isn't news or unusual) I was a bit unhappy with some of the gifts which were obviously "outtakes" (a filming term for things made but not used) or two minute put together items. I would rather have a small and good gift like a recolor of an item (which literally takes a couple of minutes) than something that was left on the cutting room floor.  

 

BUT there were also some really lovely items too. So, as shoppers, I hope we remember the differences and keep that in mind when we are spending our lindens. I know I do.   

 

I too have a big stack of goodies I am going through. I will be picking out my favs for another blog post or two.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made it through all the sims. I have a huge haul of gifts and demos that I will sort through in a few days. I was able to teleport into most of the sims but cam-shopping was the best way to look at things. I couldn't get into Golden and Aurelius but it was easy to just cam-shop from the adjacent sims.

There was one shop that had nice unique clothes and I was about to get demos of everything but they were timed demos! I really don't like timed demos. I like to look at a demo several times before I buy and the timers just ruin it for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

Made it through all the sims. I have a huge haul of gifts and demos that I will sort through in a few days. I was able to teleport into most of the sims but cam-shopping was the best way to look at things. I couldn't get into Golden and Aurelius but it was easy to just cam-shop from the adjacent sims.

There was one shop that had nice unique clothes and I was about to get demos of everything but they were timed demos! I really don't like timed demos. I like to look at a demo several times before I buy and the timers just ruin it for me. 

I went back this eve as I had missed part of Golden (since Golden had major problems and both Sami and I crashed when there and then it was empty but "there" for a long while.  I haven't had any issues TPing in or flying between sims. I derender everyone when entering which helps.   

I agree about the timed demos. Happily we don't see those all that often.     Happy unpacking! 

 

Edit: Of the whole event and many nice gifts, this was my favorite.  I am not keeping much. I seldom do, but I definitely enjoy finding odd niche items and then rediscovering them a year or five down the road when I can use them LOL.   

 

1099961987_hotnuts.thumb.jpg.bc3e5119f6311e12a82bee30d19552ef.jpg

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed the romp through all of it (no issues with any of the regions or lag) and grabbed all the gifts (at least one or two should be a keeper). Though, for me, it's all the same old stuff, nothing really new creatively, except for one hair vendor - the one that features all the Afro styles, those looked amazing (and I seriously considered grabbing one of them.)

But generally a fun window-shopping exercise, but nothing more than that for me. So "favorites"? Okay, perhaps the Creator of those Afro hairstyles, even though none of those would be my own style, but for beautiful work and actual creative design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 2:30 PM, Chic Aeon said:

snowman.thumb.jpg.dd2d262b94765f0f7cbf3b486b0134b4.jpg

 

Hop and Shop Winter 2019 opened a bit over two hours ago.  Sami (my advent blogging friend) made it in before nine by watching the map  and got through two sims before she was logged out  (boo hiss). It WAS laggy but movable (for her anyway; she has a fairly good desktop computer).

 

Here is my post with two sims of goodies highlighted. My favorite (which I will certainly pick up later) is the MADRAS Nuts set :D.  Looks like lots of great things there (not much for guys again).

 

So feel free to add to this with your comments and photos of your favs (especially for those that can't get in right now). 

 

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2019/12/second-life-hop-and-shop-winter-2019.html 

A great thing about this event is that every single merchant has a present. Maybe the Lindens made this a requirement? So often I go to events and half of the merchants are too cool for school and don't even bother to make a balloon or a picture frame, which I always hate as a gift because they are low-balling it, but at least that would be something. I totally realize what a chore it is to have to keep making gifts. But a recolour or slight updating  of an old item could be one way to handle this effortlessly.

I will definitely brave the lag again to get those Madras nuts.

I liked this dining set called "Champrete" for sale half price by Minimal. I can't do the textures justice:

 

 

Trash Can_581.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just took a peek but I'm not seeing new items from the merchants. Is it just their regular stuff with a discount and a gift, or are there new items for sale as well? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Is it just their regular stuff with a discount and a gift, or are there new items for sale as well? 

From the brands i'm most familiar with i saw mostly regular items at discount prices one place i looked at almost all the stuff on sale i'd bought from FLF or Saturday Sale 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved the Pretty Deceased outfit, it cute and has sparkles!! :) Closely followed by the Vanilla Bae and Dead Dollz dresses. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started on unpacking and trying on random demos. Right now, Evani has made an impression with the 'interactive' clothes. Kaithleen's also has very useful item hidden inside the demos which is a universal thong that fits underneath skirts without clipping through. I've tried it with other skirt demos and it works well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

A great thing about this event is that every single merchant has a present. Maybe the Lindens made this a requirement? So often I go to events and half of the merchants are too cool for school and don't even bother to make a balloon or a picture frame, which I always hate as a gift because they are low-balling it, but at least that would be something. I totally realize what a chore it is to have to keep making gifts. But a recolour or slight updating  of an old item could be one way to handle this effortlessly.

I will definitely brave the lag again to get those Madras nuts.

I liked this dining set called "Champrete" for sale half price by Minimal. I can't do the textures justice:

 

 

Trash Can_581.jpg

Yes, a gift was a requirement.  There were a couple that I couldn't find when I was there (and quite a few NOT in the given out boxes but on the wall and such). One especially with very little out I looked and looked and looked and found nothing but I was there very early and it may have been put out later.  Also found one with a sight that sign that said GIFT but there was none LOL.  But there could have been issues and they were replaced.  And while there were a few pretty obvious "I don't want to give a gift but I have to" presents, most were very nice and with a big variety something for everyone.

 

And yes, Minimal is a favorite of mine.  I don't really NEED anything so I seldom buy items but definitely one of my top stores as they pay attention to both style and that "game asset" part of the equation.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

I just took a peek but I'm not seeing new items from the merchants. Is it just their regular stuff with a discount and a gift, or are there new items for sale as well? 

 

While merchants  CAN have new things (and I did when there other rounds) it is mostly a sales venue for older items.  You likely didn't miss anything when you were looking for "newness". 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrsSeren said:

I loved the Pretty Deceased outfit, it cute and has sparkles!! :) Closely followed by the Vanilla Bae and Dead Dollz dresses. 

Clothes wise I kept the Lomomo black "steampunkish" dress and the Salt and Pepper sweater tube dress. I seldom keep much when I blog (even blogger samples) but there was a big variety which was great.   Too many "plain little dresses" and "snowflake leggings" LOL but with 120 creators it is easy to get repeat themes LOL.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

 

While merchants  CAN have new things (and I did when there other rounds) it is mostly a sales venue for older items.  You likely didn't miss anything when you were looking for "newness". 

Yep, but the gifts are meant to be new. The requierement was an "exclusive" gift. A recolor (as Prokofy mentioned) was allowed, but the item had to be not previously released anywhere. And some, prob a good portion of them, made a completely new item.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trinity Yazimoto said:

Yep, but the gifts are meant to be new. The requierement was an "exclusive" gift. A recolor (as Prokofy mentioned) was allowed, but the item had to be not previously released anywhere. And some, prob a good portion of them, made a completely new item.

 

I was answering a question about the PRODUCTS -- not the gifts -- as someone asked why they didn't see any newness.   The form is no longer up but I am pretty sure (I read it a few times) that is said "preferred exclusive" for the gift :D.  In the past folks were giving out the same gift as current hunt items and group gifts etc and that wasn't good for sure.  I certainly didn't notice any of that this round.

 

But to be clear to the person that was looking for "new stuff", that was never a requirement. Hop and Shop has always been a DISCOUNT event.  I did mention that it would be NICE if each booth had one new item on sale  (this on exit forms). I mean it IS a completely free event.   But that hasn't come into being. Some other suggestions that I made have -- and in my opinion has made for a better event.    So all good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, i did quote you, but my answer was more to the person you were answering to. I hoped it would catch both post at once, but it caught only yours, and i must admit it, i have been too much lazy to investigate how to get both at the same time (as there are ages i did not post here and since this forum did change meanwhile  im a bit lost when its about using this software.)

And yes, i agree with you, that since there is no charge for designers its not really much to ask for exclusive release. 

I made one for the last one (SLBday), and i noticed i was one of the rare one having an exclusive.

But maybe it's because we did not get much time between the acceptance notification and the set up start.

When i did recieve the notification I was in the process of creating my sled. I decided to use it for the gift as it had to be exclusive and i had no time for another item. 

Maybe if we had more time, more creators would have released smth ?

Anyway, on a customer point of view, i always enjoyed that event, bec i can do almost all my xmas shoping at the same place and as prices are lower i can spoil even more my friends. ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Trinity Yazimoto said:

Maybe if we had more time, more creators would have released smth ?

That is a nice thought but some rounds there has been plenty of time.

 

When I was working a lot, I always had items that were finished and not yet dedicated to an event. I even made new releases for the Hop and Shop this time but I didn't get in :D. So now I have some things for NEXT winter season (snow on the roofs) and that's OK with me. We all work differently.    Not sure what that misspelled word was supposed to be but I think you got your point across. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was the one with the question, and @Chic Aeon provided the answer I was looking for. I'm not particularly interested in the gifts, though it's great they're available for others!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favourite was the Très Blah cozy scarf. The HUD has 29 patterns! Super cute. I picked up a very discounted pencil skirt while I was there too.

Second fav was the Half Deer tumbler. Adorable.

 

scarf.jpg

deer.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2019 at 6:13 PM, Chic Aeon said:

Clothes wise I kept the Lomomo black "steampunkish" dress and the Salt and Pepper sweater tube dress. I seldom keep much when I blog (even blogger samples) but there was a big variety which was great.   Too many "plain little dresses" and "snowflake leggings" LOL but with 120 creators it is easy to get repeat themes LOL.  

 

I personally didn't like the Lomomo dress however I admired the designer's creativity in creating said dress though; which I know sounds contrary however, I be interested to see how others style said dress!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked the sparkly dress from Baiastice_Sybil Dress-All Colors but I don't think it was the gift, I bought it at whatever the discount was.  the gifty was also the same sparkly material but it was a very plain gown that I didn't like as much

 

linnie and JW_013.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Nice! who was offering this? Which store?I  didn't see it. Thanks.

Madras. Not sure what sim but in the back by one of the overflow areas.  One of the Western sims. Start there first.  It says MADRAS very artfully on the machine :D.  One of my favorite stores although a bit "dense" these days sometimes. :D.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...