Election advice

SkylabPatel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

It is a BOX of pinot noir. This. This from someone who lived in CA wine country. I do read articles still, and magazines and websites like Food & Wine will sometimes review wines. This one got a high review, I believe the exact words were, "It actually tastes like wine!"

I used to drink boxed white wine all the time in college, but eventually graduated to red.  Assuming your prices are similar to my area, you can get a decent bottle of tempranillo for $7-$9.

2 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

I used to drink boxed white wine all the time in college, but eventually graduated to red.  Assuming your prices are similar to my area, you can get a decent bottle of tempranillo for $7-$9.

A box is equal to something like 4-5 bottles. So at $20 a box, I did the math. ow No one said I had to enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

NOT THE CHEAP STUFF!!!

Although, I must admit, you can get very good Spanish reds for under $10/bottle.

Generic Tempranillos are my favourite; those that are not labelled as Rioja tend to be less dry and harsh. And definitely aim for $8-10 a bottle, not cheaper than that. Go too cheap and the drop in quality is too much. But there's no need to spend a fortune on expensive wines as they're not necessarily better for you. Know what you like and how to recognise it from the label on a bottle. If you know one or two wines you do like, mention them to your bar-staff or sommelier, they'll know what they have in stock that will be to your taste. And trust them; they're not there to sell you an expensive wine that you won't like. They want you back for another visit.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Put the glue down and get in here!

Nuh, not the glue - the camera! Doing a demo shoot for one of the applicants for my model thingy.

• Like 1

to me its is a very very sad day waking up to the results.... i am a european and i do not want to leave the europan union but my so called country has decided we are.... with the clown at the helm. i will just say one thing... dont whine a year down the line when you cant get your meds and food is to expencive... ... all i have to say about this...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tolya Ugajin said:

I am somewhat ashamed to say, my millennial daughter can mop the floor with me in a sake drinking contest.  That stuff puts me down HARD.

Some of them are deceptively smooth and Strong. Doesn’t taste like anything until you try to get up!

It probably is a millennial thing to say “I drink sake” but, I also went to Spain last summer and picked up a vermouth habit too.

On the wine front I’m all about a gewertztraminer or anything semi sweet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elise Banx said:

to me its is a very very sad day waking up to the results.... i am a european and i do not want to leave the europan union but my so called country has decided we are.... with the clown at the helm. i will just say one thing... dont whine a year down the line when you cant get your meds and food is to expencive... ... all i have to say about this...

This is heartless. Why should *I* be told not to whine about it when *I* voted against it?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Desiree Moonwinder said:

Well, that's a nice flippant comment.  I have an old disabled friend who told me after the election results came in that in all the disability groups to which he belongs everyone is scared and wondering whether they'll still have benefits next year or even be alive.  Perhaps you have no idea of how many disabled people have died because the Tories cut off their support, many by suicide?  Frankly they feel this is the '30s revisited.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Personally, I'm in favor of a benevolent dictatorship...but only if it's me.

My ancestors emigrated here (UK, via France) from a country (Russia) where they tried that for a very long time.

It didn't work out, so you know what?  They had a revolution, and then installed another dictatorship.

Clever eh?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, anna2358 said:

My ancestors emigrated here (UK, via France) from a country (Russia) where they tried that for a very long time.

It didn't work out, so you know what?  They had a revolution, and then installed another dictatorship.

Clever eh?

But I'd be ever so more benevolent than any Czar :)

22 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

But I'd be ever so more benevolent than any Czar :)

To be honest, I'd rather live under the Czar than the murderous maniacs that took over.

7 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Perhaps you have no idea of how many disabled people have died because the Tories cut off their support, many by suicide?

No, I don't, but that's awful. I shall be banging on my MP's door about it, just as soon as I can. Let me have your source, please; I'll need good ammo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Odaks said:

No, I don't, but that's awful. I shall be banging on my MP's door about it, just as soon as I can. Let me have your source, please; I'll need good ammo.

Thank you.  It'll take me a while because I'm a bit overwhelmed today but I'll try to get the latest figures for you.

.... 4 hours later ....

My old friend who relays this sort of info to me just told me "Those figures have been deleted by dwp. It stood at 138,000 as of January this year.  Figures for all deaths across society have vanished since before the elections". 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.