Bloodsong Termagant

llSetLinkTextureAnim Doesn't Work Without LOOP

i don't understand why this isn't working.  i have this old texture for blinking eyelids, and instead of having each prim do its animation, i thought i'd get the root to do them both.  buuuuut... it won't do it just once.

THIS WORKS:

llSetLinkTextureAnim(LINK_ALL_CHILDREN,
             ANIM_ON | LOOP |
             PING_PONG, 0,
             2, 2,   //--grid size
             0, 4,   //--frame start/end
             10.0);   //--speed  

THIS DOES NOTHING:

llSetLinkTextureAnim(LINK_ALL_CHILDREN,
             ANIM_ON |
             PING_PONG, 0,
             2, 2,   //--grid size
             0, 4,   //--frame start/end
             10.0);   //--speed  

same thing if i use an individual link number instead of all children.  why??? :(

Your animation is only 4 frames long (8 if you include the reverse added by PING_PONG) and the speed is set for 10 frames per second. That means the entire sequence should take less than 1 second to play. Just as a sanity check, perhaps try altering the rate to something slower - just to be sure it's not going by too quickly to notice. I know it seems unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to double check.

There is also a known caveat that selecting the object can restart the animation. I'm unsure how this affects non-looping animations, but maybe it's causing some unexpected interference.

On a completely unrelated note, something about the start/end values is bugging me. If you only have 4 frames, the valid start/end values should  be either 0-3 if they are 0-inxedex or 1-4 if not. Having a range of 0-4 is actually 5 frames: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4... that doesn't seem right to me... and yet I see a similarly constructed example on the wiki pages for these functions. Can anyone confirm if the start/end ranges are 0-indexed?

Edited by Fenix Eldritch
crossing out my shame
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fenix Eldritch said:

Can anyone confirm if the start/end ranges are 0-indexed?

The start is 0-indexed, but the next parameter is the length, not the end frame.

Otherwise... one superstitious thing I'd check is the texture repeats on the surface being animated.

• Thanks 2