Why does SL de-list from the Market Place?

Sonya Bigboots

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hmm... yeah that's a real pain. It did seem to list what the issue was on my merchant home right when I logged in. I'm thinking what's most likely is you just listed it under the wrong sub catagory. I mean unless you described it wrong or put things that shouldn't have been in the items list. But if you did all that right then it being listed under wrong catagory is the only thing. IMO what I would do is just double check to make sure the description is EXACTLY what is int he box and then relist it under a new catogory. If you describe it here maybe forum members can help you put it under the rigth catagory? wors tthey can do is unlist it again...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

hmm... yeah that's a real pain. It did seem to list what the issue was on my merchant home right when I logged in. I'm thinking what's most likely is you just listed it under the wrong sub catagory. I mean unless you described it wrong or put things that shouldn't have been in the items list. But if you did all that right then it being listed under wrong catagory is the only thing. IMO what I would do is just double check to make sure the description is EXACTLY what is int he box and then relist it under a new catogory. If you describe it here maybe forum members can help you put it under the rigth catagory? wors tthey can do is unlist it again...

I think you're right. That said, I've PM'd the Linden who wrote the article on listing and such, and hopefully they can give me some guidance. If I haven't heard anything in two or three days, I'll follow your advice. Thank you again! :matte-motes-grin:

• 3 years later...

Honestly, I don't believe someone does..i just had to re-list like 150 items..some of them have been on the mp for months without anyone bothering them.. So, I'm assuming someone with to much time on their hands decided they wanted to be funny and go through my whole mp and just flag a **bleep** load of items!

and I think if other players can tag other peoples items, it should be more difficult.. like they should have to give an exact reason why they don't feel the item is listed properly and the person that they are tagging against should be able to know who is tagging their items

From what I’ve experienced and have been told by people in charge is that the process is done through automation. As there are thousands and thousands of items on the MP it would be impossible for a human to keep track of them all. The process works as the program randomly picks a seller then uses a keyword search to determine which category the item should be placed in. For example, a friend of mine created figurines of small woodland animals and one of those animals was a beaver. Through the programs search algorithms, which tend to lean to the X-rated side, it pulled the animal object and demanded it is listed as an adult item only. As Linden lab is unwilling to address the issue the only option is to keep close watch on keywords that can be interpreted in more than one way.

Laurieliz wrote:

. So, I'm assuming someone with to much time on their hands decided they wanted to be funny and go through my whole mp and just flag a **bleep** load of items!

if there is nothing to blame about your listing method, your items would be safe...

I flag too...i dont mind at all when stuff gets removed.

Past week a whole bunch of hairs... keywords : lesbian / gay pride/black hair..... omg are you kidding me?... merchants should also do their own job a lot better.

• 1 month later...

Well Drake, if you have a newer post so that I can discuss my issue in, you could always share it with me..I was trying to get some information that I needed so that i could understand why things get flagged..Gotta love when grown "mature" people come on a "discussion" forum and ridicule people for discussing.

Laurieliz wrote:

Well Drake, if you have a newer post so that I can discuss my issue in, you could always share it with me..I was trying to get some information that I needed so that i could understand why things get flagged..Gotta love when grown "mature" people come on a "discussion" forum and ridicule people for discussing.

3 years?!?! Start a new fricking thread.. Nevermind the post you are first replying to is over 5 years old. Start over.. good grief.

You want to know why your items get flagged? Let’s look at your keywords.

Item:

JIAN Wonky Weenies :: Bunny PJs Wanderer (BOX)

Keywords: JIAN Wonky Weenies :: Bunny PJs Wanderer (BOX)

Next item:

Moon Elixir - Coven - 11 - Maitreya - Bustier - Cocoa

Keywords: Moon Elixir, Coven, Maitreya, Bodysuit, ULTRARARE, intimates, sexy, gacha, mesh, clothing, rose, white, black, womens, apparel, Bustier

What does sexy, rose, white, black, womens, moon elixir, coven, apparel,  bodysuit or ultrarare have to do with a cocoa colored Bustier?

From the SECOND LIFE MARKETPLACE FEE AND LISTING POLICIES

Keyword spam is the use of words (such as brand names, item names, or other terms) that have nothing to do with the item listed so that the listing will appear in search results. Keyword spam is not allowed because it clutters the SL Marketplace and makes buying and selling more difficult.

Perhaps you should follow the guidelines set forth by LL.

• Moderators

Greetings all!

While we understand it can be frustrating when (if) your items are unlisted from the Marketplace, PLEASE remember that we are all users of the same system.

If you ever have a question about why an item was unlisted, or any other action was taken against one of your products, or your store, on the Second Life Marketplace, please feel free to contact support by submitting a Support Case and we will be happy to help you better understand the issues.

Please also keep in mind that all Linden Lab employees, including those who moderate the reported product listings on the Marketplace, are human.

This means mistakes can, have have, been made. 

Submitting a support case is the absolutely best way to contact Linden Lab directly about the issue so that we can ensure that you are assisted as quickly as possible, and so that we can address any issues with products that may have been unlisted incorrectly.

Thank you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.