Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sonya Bigboots

Why does SL de-list from the Market Place?

Recommended Posts


Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

The perfect category is not available.

Earlier in the thread grey areas were mentioned and I asked for an example of one. None were forthcoming but it sounds like you have one. Would you share that particular problem with us, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You don't appear to be at risk, Mickey, but it's your choice. Grey areas were mentioned earlier, and later you said that a sub-category doesn't exist that exactly suits your item. But nobody seems to want to show an item where there is no exact sub-category for it. It's a pity because, how can anyone accept that there are grey areas or items where there is no exact sub-category when nobody will show an example? I'm genuinely curious to see one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of my items were recently delisted, I'm not entirely clear how to correct them and I am so irritated I can honestly say I may not bother to relist them.

All this crock does is just make me think I'll delist everything because I truly cannot be bothered with it.  I will think about it this weekend, I really do not need the aggravation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you describe the items a bit, people can probably help you get them in a category.

I think that we are allowed to do that, but not 100% positive.

Don't remove them and fold - that's what someone wants you to do - don't let them win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mickey...while like you I don't believe in 'tattling' on other merchants this seems to be a case where an exception should be made to protect your business.

If you want to send me their name I'll flag their items for you if they're in the wrong category.

I've been the victim of attacks here, and it seems the more you put yourself out there via blogs or popularity the more some will try to drag you down.

I had one woman running around telling everyone I wouldn't give the prims to her after she paid me for a custom design job on her parcel (we had agreed that I would deed them over to the group and and later she wanted to follow me around for hours buying each buried landscaping prim I guess). I mean this woman doesn't just spew these lies on this grid but on others too (she's a jealous merchant of course). 

This other guy ran around my store for hours telling everyone if they bought anything in my store it wouldn't be delivered (because I wouldn't sell a store item to him at a cheaper price). 

Yet another formed a group named 'Ban Bliss'  that advocated never buying anything from me because I kicked them off my land due to their vicious hate and harassment of kneeling kajiras.

These nutcases are out there...surely Dakota knows that after dealing with the likes of us all day ;0

 

I pretty much don't post in forums anymore because when I have it seems the flagging gets worse. We'll see what happens this time.  I've gone through most of my listings to make sure things are in the right category.

 

Seriously if you want me to flag them I will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luna - that's very nice of you, but not necessary.  Others here have far more flagged.   Just wanted to back-up that it's a problem, since it is continually not acknowledged.  Know of others who don't have time to deal with it here or try support ticket.

Haven't had one in a long time, and believe as you do - that's a result of just staying away from forum. 

Aggravation on flag = 2 points

Aggravation on not acknowledging problem and customer service attitude = 222 points

Hope that you coming into forum to make that nice gesture doesn't cost you a flag aggravation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

>All this crock does is just make me think I'll delist everything because I truly cannot be bothered with it.

If you do that, they win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think category makes much difference to how well an item sells. My top selling item got flagged the other day. Dakota helped me find the right category :smileyhappy: thanks Dakota. The category was changed from 'other structures' to 'bridges and walkways'. This change in category had no impact on the constant rate of sales this item gets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

Troll.

I haven't written anything remotely trollish, Mickey. I'm genuinely interested to see an item that doesn't properly fit into an existing catagory - a grey area. You claim to have one or more such items and, since they are public (for sale) you ought to be able to show them.

It's all very well criticising the system as strongly as you do but, to be taken seriously, you need to show evidence and you are continually reluctant to do that. The way it appears is that you get annoyed when one of your items is delisted because you were personally affected, but you won't say what the item was and where where it was delisted from. There isn't much point in complaining if you won't show what you're complaining about - except when it's just LL bashing for the sake of it, of course.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phil there are lots of gray areas. While I don't know the specifics of Mickey's gray areas, I imagine it would not be wise for Mickey to give examples and reveal her business plan, especially since her cases involve a very saturated market.

I can give you one example from myself though, in an unsaturated market - it won't effect my business much as it seems few people are such nature freaks and want a rock that rezzes all sorts of animations and accessories (strangely I guess they prefer furniture..lol).
Anyway, this landscaping rock that rezzes everything but the kitchen sink has gotten flagged when I put it in the 'landscaping' category. It's a gray area since it also contains animations, sound, food, garden accessories of all kinds, sometimes plants, weather, and god knows what else since I can't remember it all. So... this rock can actually go in a number of categories - why should I be at the mercy of some flag happy freak/competitor to decide where it should go?  I KNOW WHERE IT WILL SELL THE BEST - I AM THE ONE PAYING ATTENTION TO THIS.

And this is where the unfairness comes in.  Say Mickey had such an item and a few enemies who want to bug her - they will flag this item while her competitors and enemies who get to place it in the gray area of their choice will not be flagged and benefit from their increased sales.

However, I do trust the commerce team to hear us out if we believe an item should be in a different category, and perhaps some of the time agree with our evaluation.
But...if you have purchased an enhancement for this item, or blogged about it for a sale, the damage is done when it is removed.   For example, I had a skybox in the wrong category and when it was removed and I lost the money I paid for that enhancement (my mistake here, but is proof that this does happen).

Rya - you can't accurately extrapolate from your business experience and say it's the same for all. Your business model has a couple of variables different from Mickeys that I can see from a casual glance.
For some businesses, category matters.  And if it's a gray area we should be allowed to place our content where it will sell the best. There are lots of gray areas, and there are many categories that need to be added, and a few that make no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Luna.

From your description, the category that looks perfect for the rock is "Home and Garden > Landscaping". If it gets flagged, then either the flagger got it wrong and it won't (shouldn't) be delisted, or the flagger got it right and it will be delisted, in which case, the system includes the facility to query the delisting. It doesn't look like a grey area to me, and I'd be amazed if got delisted from that category IF the Linden does what we are told they do, and look at the flagged item individually. It's a rock for the land/garden - a very versatile rock but a rock just the same. The fact that it can rez things and contains animations is irrelevant to my way of thinking. It's a rock :)

I did consider the "Home and Garden > Other home and garden" category but it's a rock for the ground so I decided against it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Phil,

I have flowers that rez skyboxes...so what category should this be in?

According to your system described above tis just a fancy flower, and so could be in the plants or landscaping category. But I can guarantee that if I placed it in one of those categories it would eventually be flagged.

 

I would really rather have this in a garden category, since my skyboxes are really elaborate gardens, but I am forced to put them in the sky box category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't imagine why a flower would rez a skybox :) but, if the flower isn't designed just to be a decorative flower (like the rock is designed just to be a rock, albeit with extras, like beds), but is designed *for* its skybox function, then I'd say it belongs in the skybox category. If the flower rezzes a garden, and that's its function, then it would belong in a garden category, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather than list all the bizarre things in my store that have ambiguous categories, lets just go back to the fancy rock. It actually rezzes more furniture and/or animations (percentage wise) and weather/sound than anything...so if the category should be whatever the primary function of the rock is (as you said the flower should be in the skybox category because its primary function was to rez skyboxes) then this rock should really be in the 'garden furniture' or 'weather'  category (if that exists).
Yet you said before the rock should be in the landscaping category because it was primarily a rock, albeit a fancy one.
You can't have it both ways...alas this is ambigious..it will not fit neatly into any system.

I actually placed this rock the 'landscaping' category, but that's where it was flagged and delisted.

I just want you to concede that things cannot be so neatly categorized as you want them to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Luna Bliss wrote:

I just want you to concede that things cannot be so neatly categorized as you want them to be.

lol. I'll certainly concede that, if only because LL are highly unlikely to have considered everything and created suitable categories for everything. I never implied that there aren't any grey areas. I just wanted to see one (or two) so that I can be content that they exist. Before you posted an example in this thread, one person said there are grey areas but, when I asked for an example, none were forthcoming. The only other person was Mickey, who prefers to be secretive for whatever reason.

I imagined the rock to be primarily just a rock with the facility of rezzing things and animating as and when needed, but most of the time just a rock - like a bed is a primarily a bed, although they can often do other things than being just a bed. If the rock's primary function is to rez things, then alright, perhaps it belongs elsewhere, but, if it's primary function is to be a rock in the ground, then, imo, it would belong in the category I mentioned.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a problem.

There's a thread on it almost every week.

It's not about me - merely provided info on how it can be reduced. 

Not pleased with customer service department one bit.  Do not care to explain further.

Can't provide specific info for anyone else, as I don't know their story.  But they are here explaining in threads.

Futile to try to explain to someone who has no problem and will not acknowledge otherwise.

And won't respond to trolling.

To reduce odds of a problem or frustration:

Do not participate in forum.

Do not use the browser/search for keyword feature to place an item into a category, as it does not draw up the sub-categories.

Do not list anything that doesn't fit precisely and unquestionably into a category already available.

Do not promote heavily those products that did not fit cleanly into a category.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my product has been delisted for good now...again wrong catagory...while similar products are under exact the same catagory.

What am i suposed to put "amaretto eye signs by mina firefly" under? (if i can't put them under animals - horses , like other do)

 

This issue needs to be fixed soon...cause i need to pay tier and i'm sick and tired of spending rl cash on my tier cause i'm broke in-game !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Mina Firefly wrote:

my product has been delisted for good now...again wrong catagory...while similar products are under exact the same catagory.

What am i suposed to put "amaretto eye signs by mina firefly" under? (if i can't put them under animals - horses , like other do)

 

This issue needs to be fixed soon...cause i need to pay tier and i'm sick and tired of spending rl cash on my tier cause i'm broke in-game !

 

 

Here are 2 categories that seem to be used more commonly -

Business » Business Signs

 Building Components » Signs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree the method used to de-list an object is ridiculous. I just had my item "KK pedal car" listed as a car or truck removed due to improper category. Well it's a car and you drive in it and go 480 MPH. What category would it go in? Hats? :P Of course LL doesn't give any help finding out why so we as merchants can fix something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a related question. I received an email today that an item was delisted because the product did not match the description. However, there was nothing to clarify what is meant by this, and I have no way of seeking clarification. What recourse, if any, do I now have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the same issue earlier I found that if I went to the merchant page it told me why (turns out I listed it in the wrong catagory). Your merchant page might tell you what's up so maybe check there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Madeline Blackbart wrote:

I had the same issue earlier I found that if I went to the merchant page it told me why (turns out I listed it in the wrong catagory). Your merchant page might tell you what's up so maybe check there?

Thank you for the tip, Madeline. Unfortunately, I seem to be missing it. I went through all the options of my merchant home, including looking at the listings as previews, and I dont' see anything to explain it. Here's the exact wording from the email:

"The following flagging activity has occurred on *********, seen here http://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/*****: The item has been unlisted due to Item Not As Advertised"

I can't find anything on the listing itself to tell me how the item isn't as advertised, which makes it difficult to fix the problem. I must say, Linden Labs doesn't make it easy to address these issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...