Creating Custom Shapes For Selling

Chinami1000

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Somehow I haven't found a tutorial on this.  I'd like to design custom shapes to sell in world and on marketplace.  Shapes you edit remain no-transfer of course, and i haven't seen which tool or work-around is necessary to use to create your own.

thanks for any help or for pointing me in the right direction. 

• Like 2

All you need to do is go in to inventory and create a new shape, if you use Firestorm it can be found using the "+" icon. Then once you have the shape name it something other than new shape wear it and modify it in edit appearance mode like you would do any other shape. When you're finished right click the shape in inventory click "properties" and give it the permissions you wish the next owner to have

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have made my own shapes since I started in SL over 14 years ago, and way way back when, I used to make shapes and sell them as well..  I started out using one of the LL shapes found in the library as they are full perm to you.  when you have adjusted that to a new shape you like, save it as mentioned in the post above and name it,  then you can assign any perms you want for the next owner..  However, if you are starting with a shape made by someone else and the perms are no transfer, chances are yes it will remain no transfer to you even if you make a new one from it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

All you need to do is go in to inventory and create a new shape, if you use Firestorm it can be found using the "+" icon. Then once you have the shape name it something other than new shape wear it and modify it in edit appearance mode like you would do any other shape. When you're finished right click the shape in inventory click "properties" and give it the permissions you wish the next owner to have

oh that's so silly.  i feel a bit, um, yeah.  dumb.  thanks though. will this work with bento shapes/maitreya-catwa etc.

Edited by Chinami1000
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

A bento shape is no different than a regular shape except you're creating on a certain bento head and/or body brand you are wearing. The shape will look different if worn on a different head/body combo. 

you're awesome.  thank you so much. 

16 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

I have made my own shapes since I started in SL over 14 years ago, and way way back when, I used to make shapes and sell them as well..  I started out using one of the LL shapes found in the library as they are full perm to you.  when you have adjusted that to a new shape you like, save it as mentioned in the post above and name it,  then you can assign any perms you want for the next owner..  However, if you are starting with a shape made by someone else and the perms are no transfer, chances are yes it will remain no transfer to you even if you make a new one from it.  

So it appears things have changed.  If you edit the basic shapes they become no-transfer.  Any other ideas?  I'm afraid to buy a full perm shape on the markeplace because they aren't cheap and if i edit it I'm afraid it will become no-transfer too. 

edit - another reply showed me how to make an all new shape which can be transferred.  so we figured it out. 

Edited by Chinami1000
learned more

• 7 months later...
On 12/12/2019 at 12:40 PM, Chinami1000 said:

So it appears things have changed.  If you edit the basic shapes they become no-transfer.  Any other ideas?  I'm afraid to buy a full perm shape on the marketplace because they aren't cheap and if i edit it I'm afraid it will become no-transfer too. 

edit - another reply showed me how to make an all new shape which can be transferred.  so we figured it out. 

Edited by Draconia Vlodovic
misspelled word

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.