why do avatars have brains?

Rumancekk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I didn't know exactly where to post this, but since it wasn't an actual question about MY avatar...

why the heck do avatars have brains? I don't know of its a SPECIFIC mesh or what but everytime I load into a sim , chances are in addition to seeing floating clothes, I'm gonna see a floating brain.  I just can't fathom why the care was put into putting a brain in when you're not even supposed to see it ,and what the point of it is?

Just now, Lindal Kidd said:

But, Desiree...even us classic avatars have brains!

I always thought it was in case of a Zombie Attack.  We could all just throw our brains at them and escape while they were busy snacking.

I think you're referring to the classic avatar hair that's usually tucked inside the scull and alpha'd-out.  If its not alpha'd, it does look a little like a brain, I admit. 

50 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Ewwww.  Now I'm wondering how I manage to think with a head full of hair.  On the inside, I mean.

On the bright side, if I throw it to the zombies, they'll get hairballs.

Its the little spot on the upper right of the head texture that needs to be alpha'd out on the system skin to mask the system hair.

SL-Avatar-Head-512.jpg

It is done like this:

vH4yXX7mrUA6sG477sTQhGV47vumeZzdf3p4c8mK

Edited by Desiree Moonwinder
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, asteriddle said:

Funny how I can have a brain in SL but not in real life

Oh everyone has a brain in RL, too! But just having a brain doesn't say much. There once was a chicken, that survived its own (botched) decapitation, because part of its brain (at least the brainstem) was still intact. It could breath, digest food and keep other vital functions running. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.