How to find out what characters you can have in display name?

WhiteBoi360

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I see everyone with cool characters in their display name..   I found a notecard with these symbols..

But when I get mine looking how I want it, I paste it into the area where you change your display name,  but it's telling me I have invalid characters in it :(

Spent alot of time makin it look good too! lol

This is what I'm trying to use:

Ɗ˩ Ⱳhíţϵ 乃øⅈ

8 answers to this question

Sorry, but what do you want with that? That's not cool and not even 1337, but it is unreadable UTF8-garbage and it is extremely annoying to meet people and not able to read their names. Better stick to normal default ASCII characters. Oh, did I mention that the web profiles can't even show all Unicode characters you may use for display names?

Oh, and no, there doesn't seem to be a list of valid characters - at least not that I am aware of.

• Like 1

Hello WhiteBoi. I will agree with Ansariel that is really annoying to meet people and to be unable to read their names. That's why i have always them disabled. On the other side i respect your desire and for sure is your right to create any display name you wish, if it is allowed of course. About your question now you can check the following link:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Viewerhelp:2.3.0/Display_name

Also in Marketplace you can find products (in fact they are notecards / almost free) with unlimited ASCII / UNICODE symbols you can use for your display name. Have fun!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4724 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.