Sign in to follow this  
Tolya Ugajin

What would you do with 7,000 unused prims

1 hour ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Is RHPS some sort of young people thing?  Not sure what it means, but, then, I am older than dirt.

Rocky Horror Picture Show!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Rocky Horror Picture Show!

I'm actually not old enough for that and I'm not nearly as young as I am.

• Haha 1

If I had 7000 unused prims, I would start an event.  
- monthly

- themed for something under-represented in the Resident community and specific

- not just shopping related but information-accessible and informative and participatory as well (ie generate interest and presence in the region even if not spending money) 

- can cycle through 12 interesting facets of one major theme (ie Specialized Ornaments of the Human Form — January is shoes month, February is jewelled chains month... ) 

- get people involved who do it for Tips, not salary (advertising and promotion, infrastructure, munches coordination, artists wrangling...) ie who do it for love of the experience and passion for the topic rather than livelihood and bills paying

I think about this a lot 😁 What would I do with 7000 prims!  I could spam this thread for days with different ideas.  I’ll stop at this one.  

• Like 1

7000 prims wooh!

i probably make a tree 4000 meters high. That can walk up, with little rest/pose/photo areas/waystations on the path for photo people

maybe even a little quest game for those who want to play it. Like have to work out what the clues are to get a door to open, a walkway to extend across a gap, etc. Some traps and maybe tree goblins or spiders as well, which when sprung sends you back to the start or a previous waystation, and have to do again

when do get to the top and have completed the quest then get a little medal or cup or ribbon just to say that you have. And also get your name on the yay-I-done-it board as one of the last 10 people to complete

if haven't registered to play the quest by touching the signin board then there are no traps and is just a long walk to the top

Edited by Mollymews
or waystation
  • Like 2

I'd build until I pass out. I prefer smaller spaces more densly decorated, so I'd probably would make many layers instead.
A dark and dense wintry forest, with black barked trees so great they seem to touch the clouds - a little cabin nestled in it's mid, with smoke coming from it's chimney. Inside, a warm and cluttered space, cozy and rustic, with many details from everyday life.

A lovely garden floating on an enchanted pond, with brightly coloured flowers, swaying foliage, and a richly decorated tent with pillows and shishas inside, incense and candles, bowls filled with fruits, and decanters filled with wine.

The ruins of what once was a great castle, half overgrown with foliage, half submerged in water, with many nooks and crannies to explore, spots to sit and relax.

You know, stuff like that.
Oh boy, if I ever win in the lottery, I'm so going to get a region. 

• Like 5

I have 3 bricollage installations 80% built and hiding in my inventory currently so I’d pop one out and complete it and nope each would not take all 7000, maybe 1/2. And a month of work left on each, roughly.

1 is a story built during a period of insomnia that tells a sort of Fools Journey tale with interactives,

2 is a night-time Hanami immersive with poetry and tea,

3 is a visual story of a Fall a little different than The Fall, with the religion kind of extracted and the human psychology aspect played up more. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mollymews said:

7000 prims wooh!

i probably make a tree 4000 meters high. That can walk up, with little rest/pose/photo areas/waystations on the path for photo people

maybe even a little quest game for those who want to play it. Like have to work out what the clues are to get a door to open, a walkway to extend across a gap, etc. Some traps and maybe tree goblins or spiders as well, which when sprung sends you back to the start or a previous waystation, and have to do again

when do get to the top and have completed the quest then get a little medal or cup or ribbon just to say that you have. And also get your name on the yay-I-done-it board as one of the last 10 people to complete

if haven't registered to play the quest by touching the signin board then there are no traps and is just a long walk to the top

I like it!  But no spiders please...make it Crazed Squirrels of Doom.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mollymews said:

7000 prims wooh!

That sounds lovely. What would you do with the rest ot the prims?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChinRey said:

See above: Crazed Squirrels of Doom!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's wrong with the current forum hangout?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I like it!  But no spiders please...make it Crazed Squirrels of Doom.

ok no spiders. Squirrels that look all cute and huggy.  Then when get close to them they go raaaarr! and try to nom you. And we would have to run away quick to not get nommed

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

But no spiders please...

Not even these? But they're so cute!

22131561002_db16cdefce_b.jpg

The mother isn't looking half-bad either. 😁

4 hours ago, ChinRey said:

it could be a really long walk.  4096 meters is the width of 16 regions. The main path would wind its way up thru the branches, so could probably double the walking distance to about 8 kilometers

in terms of LI allocation then I would give each waystation a budget of about 200 LI  (about the same as a small furnished house) for aesthetics, rest and quest game play. About 25 waystations/traps. Squirrels and goblins included in this.  About 5000LI.  Leaving 2000LI for the tree and a reserve for rezzing temporary quest stuff

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

woman-scared.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Orwar said:

TRIGGERED!!!!

I had one of these darling moms in my apartment a few years back. It required the then man-thing to deal with. I was unable to walk through that part of the house (running instead) for ages. Sleep? Nope. 

:::goes to start day drinking to forget:::

vomit.gif

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I had one of these darling moms in my apartment a few years back.

Yeah, this summer when I was crashing in my mother's basement to keep the cats and plants alive whilst they were away, I had a little monster visit too. At first I just heard something (despite listening to very loud music, wearing headphones), and when I glanced to my side I just saw something just swishing across the floor. I thought it must have been a mouse the cats dragged in (they frequently do, and are too lazy to finish them off - I had one mouse live with me for 3 days, getting quite tame before the cat caught it again and murdered it, poor thing).

Some hour later, the -thing- came running out from under my desk, straight at me. We don't tend to have very large spiders here, I'm used to like, something you'd fit between your thumb and index finger in a relaxed hand - this bugger was the size of my hand. I jolted back in surprise, and the thing went in behind my computer. I quickly fetched a fly swatter and started trying to pry it out from behind the computer. It did not like that. After a while I just took a step back and sighed, trying to think of how to get it out without risking tipping my computer over. As I stood there it just came out, and I winced on the spot in surprise, and it just froze as it realized it was out in the open - and I whacked it so hard I bent the fly swatter.

I then just wrote my mother to let her know that I was helping myself to her gin. She laughed and said that I must have been dreaming - so I sent her a photo of the creature.

Just a few weeks later I found an article that mentioned that due to favorable weather conditions, several of these spiders had traveled into northern Sweden throughout the summer, and that as the weather was getting colder, they now sought their way indoors.

And with that, the statement that "There are no spiders in Sweden that can bite through your skin" became moot.

7084556381_e9a58e9a69_b.jpg

... Which it already was, since whilst working on the garden gate at my old workplace, I found three small Black Widows hiding in the hole where I'd taken the locking mechanism out of the fence post the day before ... My boss then laughed at me, too, until I went and took a picture of them to show her.

3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Just a few weeks later I found an article that mentioned that due to favorable weather conditions, several of these spiders had traveled into northern Sweden throughout the summer, and that as the weather was getting colder, they now sought their way indoors.

... Which it already was, since whilst working on the garden gate at my old workplace, I found three small Black Widows hiding in the hole where I'd taken the locking mechanism out of the fence post the day before ... My boss then laughed at me, too, until I went and took a picture of them to show her.

It is a good thing that my government informs me that global warming is fake...

I now live in New England, where biga88ed spiders are rare, too. I lived in the south for a while, where the buggers get bigger the further south you get. They have feet, ya know. I just hope I'm dead by the time the critters migrate up here.

When I lived in California we had black widows all over. Between the earthquakes, fires, landslides, etc. people don't hear about the joys of CA black widows.

and

STOP WITH THE blanketyblank SPIDER PICTURES, for the love of...

(I was only partially kidding about the "triggered" stuff. They truly do upset me.)

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

STOP WITH THE blanketyblank SPIDER PICTURES, for the love of...

Sowwie. ❤️

Bat-cuddles.jpg

Better?

• Thanks 1

With 7000 prims on landlocked land, I would build an elven city similar to Silvermoon City in Warcraft, or Tirion in the Silmarillion. A city of glittering ivory spires and decorated plazas on many levels.

With water access I would build an underwater mer-folk city of submerged ruined buildings and shipwrecks.

And bats, especially fruit bats, are totally adorbz.

• Like 2