The Problem With Trailers

Kush Daddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You see, I’m a tiny house fan, and have been for years now. Naturally these gorgeous builds would be appealing to me. 

Problem? I pay the same premium for 175 prims as a Victorian and Traditional pay for full size homes with 350 prim allowance? 

Why would I not want those prims? I find it unfair. I would like to be prim wreckless and buy a high prim car, have a zooby baby, and some add ons. This is not possible with my low prim allowance. A zooby baby is over 100 prim. I snatched a trailer and rezzed my baby and crib and had nothing else in my prim allowance. I had to abandon it. It got me thinking, why would anyone be ok with 1/2 the prims for the same fees? 

Is there something redeeming to this that I’m missing? And please don’t taunt me about the zooby. It’s not for RP. It shouldn’t matter how I use them, just that I feel it seems unbalanced. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not unfair at all. Your premium membership entitles you to 1024m of land and 351 prims tier free. By choosing to live in a camper it simply means you are using only half your allocation. You are still entitled to the other half, and can simply purchase a 512 sqm parcel in mainland.

LL  home parcels LI is calculated at the standard ratio for parcel size. The camper parcel is half the size of a 1024 parcel, therefore the prim allowance is half. This is the same grid wide. The only exception to this is some rare double-prim land in areas like Bay City, Nautilus Islands, and I think the Horzions release?  You can purchase in these location, though obviously they are usually highly priced due to the prim bonus.

The campers are meant as an alternative for people who donate half their free land to a group, and therefore used the old 512 Linden homes. The old Linden Homes will be removed some time in the close future. Maybe in 2020. No date given, only that they shall go when it is enough Bellisseria homes.

Other needs are people who use use their 512 prims on a mainland plot for their store, since Linden Homes (old and new) is not for commercial use.

You can turn it around and say it is unfair for the examples over, if it was only 1024 Linden Homes on offer. They would then have no Linden Home at all.

Edit: It is also many new types in the making. I can't remember, but I think the plan is to have 8 in total. Maybe one of those wil be a more smallish cottage-style with 1024 m. We have to wait and see.

It is also 2 very small traditional homes, the Adams and the Alderley. They are on 1024 m plots. Maybe they can't be called tinys, but... I feel they are small.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

I don't find it unfair there was a time when 512sqm tier was all you got and your choices were to have a Linden home or 512sqm of mainland with 117 prims then the allowance got doubled to 1024sqm and the prim allowance increased so instead of having 117/234 prims to play with you now get 175/351 prims. There will be lots of people out there who will only have 512sqm of unused tier available but they still want a private bolt hole somewhere their choices are a camper or an old home. If you think you are being short changed ditch the caravan and get a traditional or houseboat

The campers are appealing to me because of the smaller parcels and lower prims, as well as all the beautiful landscaping.  There is more space between the parcels and it is less likely people will stuff their land with high prim items full of scripts to lag out the region.  

There are usually 15-20 houses or houseboats in a region or 20-24 campers, I find campers to be the best deal if you want to avoid lag!

39 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

I wonder what will happen to all the no copy items people have placed in their own homes when they take the old premium homes offline.

When land is abandoned without  items being removed, everything is returned to the owner(s) as coalesced objects.  These can be rezzed at a sandbox to find individual items.

10 minutes ago, Flower Caerndow said:

When land is abandoned without  items being removed, everything is returned to the owner(s) as coalesced objects.  These can be rezzed at a sandbox to find individual items.

I know that, but is the land going to be abandoned? The way it sounds is that the land will go offline, which is a wholly different thing. Over the years I've read about people submitting support cases to access an offline sim to get their stuff back as the owner had neglected to pay tier so it went offline. In such a case items are not returned.

That's why it got me wondering.

• Like 1

Ok so my mistake here. I’m glad I asked if I was missing something. I didn’t know you still had the option of the other 512 and prim for it in mainland. That’s actually cool that people can throw up a little shop and still have a little trailer. Makes sense. I thought it was just a flat out loss. And yes, I definitely agree it’s a big step up from the old legacy homes. Although meadow brook was kind of everything when they went from 117 to 175 lols! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

I know that, but is the land going to be abandoned? The way it sounds is that the land will go offline, which is a wholly different thing. Over the years I've read about people submitting support cases to access an offline sim to get their stuff back as the owner had neglected to pay tier so it went offline. In such a case items are not returned.

Well, there is a two-year-warning. If they cannot be bothered to pick up their stuff in time, then c'est la vie.

8 hours ago, Chicky Delicioso said:

You see, I’m a tiny house fan, and have been for years now. Naturally these gorgeous builds would be appealing to me. 

Problem? I pay the same premium for 175 prims as a Victorian and Traditional pay for full size homes with 350 prim allowance? 

Why would I not want those prims? I find it unfair.

Is there something redeeming to this that I’m missing? And please don’t taunt me about the zooby. It’s not for RP. It shouldn’t matter how I use them, just that I feel it seems unbalanced. 

Yes there is something missed:

With a camper you still have 512m of land tier left to go buy some mainland.

Some would say that's "unfair" to people "stuck" with one of the other options...

It is all a matter of what one desires.

EDIT:

2 hours ago, Chicky Delicioso said:

Ok so my mistake here. I’m glad I asked if I was missing something. I didn’t know you still had the option of the other 512 and prim for it in mainland.

A lot of people don't know how land tier works until they've been land owners for a while. If you grant your 512m of land to a group you yourself own... you can get 560m of mainland, if you buy that land for the group... (10% group bonus).

That noted... quality mainland is hard to come by... bad mainland is super easy to come by...

- and you have to buy the mainland either way...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

9 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

I have no doubt that they will all get an "official" notice that the homes must be vacated by some such date - and they will very likely get a follow-up reminder as well.  

Hopefully, LL will actually blast an email out to all parties that still have a place on the old continents.  Or if they can't manage to email only the parcel holders, then at least send an email to all Premiums giving the date when the old homes will be decommissioned.

Back in the beginning of Bellisseria, Patch had mentioned that he needed to create at least 30,000 new homes.  I honestly don't know where we stand in regard to that number, but I'm not so sure that we are close enough for them to be kicking folks out of the old homes yet - despite some thinking it will be shortly after the new year.

Also a heads up for anyone in a Camper LL Home and have 512 m2 they don't know what to do with: I have a left-over 1024 m2 I'm putting up for sale or abandoning, but if you want to spend your extra 512 to own a mainland parcel, let me know and I'll split that and sell it to you for L$512 (yes, L$512, not a typo). It has road access and if I split it, I will split it so that both parcels have road access (which will make them long and narrow - but hey, for L$512, how can you go wrong? LOL )

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there. It doesn't matter to me what happens to it as I already have my 512 plot all laid out.

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Spini/217/185/32 The "concrete" floor is my claimed 512, so it would be to the right side of that from where you land. And we would be neighbors. :) 

If interested, PM me here in forums.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.