Sailing In belli? Where? When?

Zero Starchild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just sailed East direction from Oleander dock  a long way along the coast through SSPE384 that looks like land, it's water. Then North direction along backside of many houseboats SSPE368 and SPPE336 turning to Northwest Passage that is blocked for now. 

I keep my draw distance at 220 .  Wind Speed 18 in my Bandit 55    I did not crash at any point through. 

Be cautious around the new sections of Belli along the west and east coasts. A few all-water sims are set to that horrible permissions combination where your avatar cannot enter but your boat can. You get violently ejected from the boat and end up at the bottom of the sea, while your boat runs away into the keep-out area and beyond. That happened to me twice yesterday, circling Belli. This morning there's an email, "Your object 'Belleza Sport Powerboat v1.0' has been returned to your inventory Lost and Found folder by ..... from parcel 'Fawnland' at Bloodroot 220, 113 due to parcel owner return." So that's where it ended up.

Moles, if you're going to block off an area, please don't do it that way. An ordinary ban line is better. We can see it, and some boats are scripted to bounce off a ban line. Or set out restricted area buoys. Thank you.

keepoutbuoy.png.7b393742fb304ca4d88213fb20fdf1b3.png

Real-world restricted area buoy. Hoover Dam in the background.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I just completed a complete circumnavigation of the new area by boat - Started up at Springhurst Gulf (the crab island), then headed down the east coast of "old" Bellisseria. Rounded the corner at SSPE384 then headed west until I reached the new Victorian area. Continued west along the river (beautiful), before heading south along the west coast of "new" Bellisseria.

Continued south into the new squishy pickle regions, along the supposed "narrow waterway" - (which incidentally as I previously guessed was at least 30 metres wide), and finally exited at Sunny Sea. Turned north east, moving past the other boathouse regions, then on past the mini 9-region continent (there's two of these, can we call them North / South Bellisseria Isle?) ;) 

Continued on past Pyri Peaks fun fair and the mountains there, across the new west-east water channel, then up the east coast of new Bellisseria.

Saw some absolutely amazing coastal regions like Grote Dijk, Bridesmaid, Dimanche, before finally ending up at the lighthouse on Oleander, back at the entrance to the big river.

Utterly brilliant journey - gorgeous sights along the way, numerous dock rez zones spotted too, and all without a single issue in terms of blocked regions or passages. To top it off I then headed back down to Red hook to the railways station there, rezzed a little train, and followed the rails northwards until I reached the mountain range - tooting my trains horn at every bridge or road crossing I encountered along the way 😁 

A huge thank you to the Moles and Lindens for what they've managed to achieve here, it's been a blast so far, and can only get better!

• Like 8

I love sailing, though I consider myself very much a novice and I don't enter races, though I would love to try it. Haven't sailed much in Belli since I abandoned my first Trad house back in July, but I will for sure now that I have a houseboat.

I sail with a SHA-Zero, not the free one (though that is still a great little boat), but the next one up which is L$199 I think. It uses Bwind and it's very quick, can usually get at least 2-3 knots faster than the wind speed. Its also incredibly easy to sail and low on scripts, there's no hud its controlled entirely by blue menu.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

I love sailing, though I consider myself very much a novice and I don't enter races, though I would love to try it. Haven't sailed much in Belli since I abandoned my first Trad house back in July, but I will for sure now that I have a houseboat.

I sail with a SHA-Zero, not the free one (though that is still a great little boat), but the next one up which is L$199 I think. It uses Bwind and it's very quick, can usually get at least 2-3 knots faster than the wind speed. Its also incredibly easy to sail and low on scripts, there's no hud its controlled entirely by blue menu.

Matty, there are very nice small 1 and 2 person boats to try at TYC (Tradewinds Yacht Club for Free!  I use the arrow keys to move and was sailing in 5 minutes and fell in love with it!  There’s also a weekly Friday Cruise (not a race, just a sail ) with a nice Cruisette HUD which gives  the LM waypoints to sail to.  The Cruise routes can be used any time as a well checked route of clear sailing.  I have kept the routes for a couple of years and will pass them to you.  Within a week I felt ready to get a bigger boat and went for a Loonetta, which I adore and you can carry over 20 passengers!  We’d love to take you for a sail anytime and show you the ropes,  the Loonetta is a lovely slowish ride and has a nice low LI also.  Eat extra spinach!! ;D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, animats said:

Great! Yes, I just noticed that those few blocked regions I mentioned earlier are now turned on.

It's a long trip to circle Bellisseria. Took me over an hour.

So that means it would take me about 2 days.  Did you notice any nice B&Bs along your travels? 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BJoyful said:

Matty, there are very nice small 1 and 2 person boats to try at TYC (Tradewinds Yacht Club for Free!  I use the arrow keys to move and was sailing in 5 minutes and fell in love with it!  There’s also a weekly Friday Cruise (not a race, just a sail ) with a nice Cruisette HUD which gives  the LM waypoints to sail to.  The Cruise routes can be used any time as a well checked route of clear sailing.  I have kept the routes for a couple of years and will pass them to you.  Within a week I felt ready to get a bigger boat and went for a Loonetta, which I adore and you can carry over 20 passengers!  We’d love to take you for a sail anytime and show you the ropes,  the Loonetta is a lovely slowish ride and has a nice low LI also.  Eat extra spinach!! ;D 

That sounds like fun (except the part about carrying 20 passengers; I tried it once with one and it was a lag-fest). What time on Fridays is the cruise? I have very limited online time on Fridays.

• Like 1

Just now, Matty Luminos said:

That sounds like fun (except the part about carrying 20 passengers; I tried it once with one and it was a lag-fest). What time on Fridays is the cruise? I have very limited online time on Fridays.

I think at noon... but you can do them anytime!  I just save the Notecards and then do the routes at our convenience.

• Thanks 1

I do enjoy sailing around Bellisseria but don't do it too often, am usually on a jetski or power boat and do see a lot of others doing the same. Usually by the time they have have said hello as they speed past me and I have stopped to type hiya back, they are in the next Sim, lol.

Occasionally I choose a more leisurely ride 😊

Swimming With The Fishes.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Evarne said:

I do enjoy sailing around Bellisseria but don't do it too often, am usually on a jetski or power boat and do see a lot of others doing the same. Usually by the time they have have said hello as they speed past me and I have stopped to type hiya back, they are in the next Sim, lol.

Occasionally I choose a more leisurely ride 😊

Swimming With The Fishes.jpg

Do the stilettos help with steering? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BJoyful said:

So that means it would take me about 2 days.  Did you notice any nice B&Bs along your travels? 😉

All the lighthouses have rez zones, so you can take a break there. Can't dock without losing your boat, though.

I once proposed a minor technical fix to make parking/docking work better. The idea was to allow a script at a parking space/dock to keep extending the autoreturn time for a vehicle as long as the avatar who brought the vehicle there was still around. So you could park, but not leave stuff there. Just the thing for stores, bars, clubs, etc. No breaking immersion just because you want to stop someplace.

Rejected by LL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, animats said:

The idea was to allow a script at a parking space/dock to keep extending the autoreturn time for a vehicle as long as the avatar who brought the vehicle there was still around.

My houseboat is right beside a lighthouse/rezz zone. Last weekend, I noticed some dude on the dock that had clearly gone AFK because he was there for TWO DAYS. If he'd had a boat, and your script was enabled, that would have been miserable for both my view, and for anyone else wanting to rezz there over the weekend. 

Glad LL rejected it. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.