Section for new player

Lureo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 minutes ago, Lureo said:

Where is the section in this forum for new player ? I am not new anymore but I am feeling that this section would be perfect for me. I still have so many things I don't understand and so much to learn.

Do you mean the Knowledge Base?  If so its right there on the menu bar across the top of the page next to the one that says FORUMS

223d080f7041530a86e7309c44c517b4.png

14 hours ago, Lureo said:

Where is the section in this forum for new player ? I am not new anymore but I am feeling that this section would be perfect for me. I still have so many things I don't understand and so much to learn.

There is no actual "new player" area.  There is a specific Question / Answer section, with many sub-sections and there are various Discussion forums with many sub-forums.

The Question/Answer area is: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/109-answers/

The top of the other areas is: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/

They don't have a new player or introductory section of the forums anymore mate. Think they did away with that years ago. It would actually help people new find their way to answers a lot easier if there was. A lot of people don't know what forum is the appropriate forum for some of the questions they wants to ask sometimes. My advice would be as far as basic general questions are concerned just post in the general section and go from there. They'll be all right even if it ain't the right forum. lol Hope this helps and good luck. ;)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

noobs helping noobs? ...can we come watch?

A "Beginners" forum doesn't sound like a bad idea to me on the surface. Most forums I've known have had them. Beginners feeling free to ask Qs without feeling stupid and more experienced folks answering as best they can. Of course, "what's the best squat form" or something like that would be very different from an SL newb question like "what is this thing, what do I do here?"...

I get the OP,'s question but see how it might go haywire as well...

49 minutes ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

A "Beginners" forum doesn't sound like a bad idea to me on the surface. 

Beginners feeling free to ask Qs without feeling stupid and more experienced folks answering as best they can.

we have nearly the whole forum for that, and next to that the Answer sections totally for "how to" and mild techinical questions.
But biggest source of info is the Knowledge Base ( where nearly all in deep information the experienced people use is to find)
If somebody comes with a genuine question, in  99.99% somebody wil step in to help. Of course there are cases that derail in a big mess, but often with a reason.

Also very often, when a derail starts directly, have a look at the history of the poster, often you will find reasons why the replies are a lot more colored than with a innocent poster asks something.

You'll also see forever noobs, never really using the information they got, the directions where to find something.. or even are too lazy to read solutions  ... after the 50th question where to find something, while it's everywhere inworld or on MP .. yes they have a chance to be ignored or get a not so helpfull response. Some people here are angels and keep helping, but also some will avoid those posts and ignore the posters.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.