verify the security question WTF is this

renards89 Cerise

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok i try to fixe one of my account . and i ask for got my password back as i did lot of tickets to try . have my password the new system are in place . Now i not know are fake or not but all this are annoying me . so i did talk with one are   eveline Linden . are ask me where i am so i did give my last connection and where i did write the account ... the funny parts is this <Redacted> ((( How you want i can know that When i create my account i never got ask me a question of this ... aie if i start lose my password im ***** up I have no security question the support cant not help me 

after are ask me this . <Redacted> .... i did give that info . after are back with security question . common second life What this system you did put in place . We know nothing of this and when we are on second life. com we not see the security page

12 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, renards89 Cerise said:

when i did create my account the security questions i never have it

so also not possible they ask for it, if there's a blank on your accountfile

4 minutes ago, renards89 Cerise said:

i have it back but is not secondlife did help me anyways

if they didn't help, i seriously wonder how you were able to get it back

• Like 1

Hi Renard. I went through the same process when going back to SL after a long hiatus. I understand they go over some questions to verify it is really you, otherwise, anyone could be getting into your account.

I found the LL team was actually very supportive, I couldn't provide all the info, so they offered different questions, till my identity was verified. Talk to them, I'm sure they'll find a way

• Like 5

• Administrators

Hello renards89 Cerise,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues resetting your password. For the security of your account we must verify ownership before Support can assist you.

I see that you had a case open where a Support agent was working with you today to verify your account but it appears that you have closed the case before the agent could continue assisting you.

If you have any questions or concerns about your account we ask that you please contact Support by filing a ticket:

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Also we strongly encourage that you do not copy and paste replies from support cases since they are private communications between yourself and Support, and are not appropriate for the forums. These replies can also contain sensitive information that can put your account at risk. I have edited your original post to remove this information.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kristin Linden said:

Hello renards89 Cerise,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues resetting your password. For the security of your account we must verify ownership before Support can assist you.

I see that you had a case open where a Support agent was working with you today to verify your account but it appears that you have closed the case before the agent could continue assisting you.

If you have any questions or concerns about your account we ask that you please contact Support by filing a ticket:

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Also we strongly encourage that you do not copy and paste replies from support cases since they are private communications between yourself and Support, and are not appropriate for the forums. These replies can also contain sensitive information that can put your account at risk. I have edited your original post to remove this information.

X_X yeah well i am french so i do a video atm . to show . I did write in french . the problem i not have passtiance . im frustrate fast ... I did have lot problem with world of tank too so ticket support . hard for me . so yes the account have have no security question i not know . and same for alt i not know .. so i show are the same pc i will send it soon .. i doing how i can x-x

Edited by renards89 Cerise

4 hours ago, renards89 Cerise said:

@Kristin Linden   

the support are not helping me i did give all info . i did said many time i owned that account . i repeat and repeat i did give the info . are not want help me to reset the account .. the support are very weak x-x 

I can also call them and say that I own your account many times. 

Doesn't mean I own the account, though. YOU are the one who forgot the answers to your security questions. That is not Linden Lab's fault. 

• Like 4

This has ... what to do with Forum Feedback?

This is not the Feedback Forum, it is intended to solicit concerns, critique and such in regard to .... the Second Life Forum.

Your nationality does not matter much.

The number of times you claim to own/be a specific account/avatar is about as meaningful to Support in these cases as claiming to be Bob Ross or the Pope. You have either forgotten your security questions/answers or someone else set them up after gaining account access.

Your options at this point are quite limited and you are rather unlikely to get actual Linden help by posting about it in here.

19 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Doesn't mean I own the account, though. YOU are the one who forgot the answers to your security questions. That is not Linden Lab's fault. 

I have always been glad these ppl who think they are special enough that the internet just takes their word for things the rest of us are expected to provide proof of, don’t call up LL and insist they are me and are believed.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 2

On 12/17/2019 at 1:50 PM, Beth Macbain said:

hey first i am on secondlifr for a long time and when i did create my account the security questions i never have it . i have it back but is not secondlife did help me anyways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1484 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.