Login Fails at VSF; I tried deleting all Second Life folders.

Shockwave Yareach

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I get in just fine on my main computer and my laptop.  But I was also trying to get SL working again on the garage computer (Q9650, 4Gig ram, GT260 gpu) and I keep having the same fault keeping me off.  I get the crash which happens during the "Initializing VSF" stage. 

I've read that this is a problem.  And I've gone into $user/applications data/and deleted the entire directory and tried to run.  I've also tried reinstalling.  Nothing seems to fix this problem.  Are there registry keys or other problems that could be causing this?  Also, I never found any directory called Roaming anywhere on the drive.

This isn't keeping me out of world as the other computers are fine.  But it would be nice to be able to enter while working in my garage at my bench.

2 answers to this question

I run Cinna Windows 7 with my desktop PC and the folder Roaming isn't hidden folder. Also it is not hidden in Windows Vista Home Basic. In that path the only hidden folder is AppData.
If Shockwave you use Windows XP, the folder Roaming doesn't exist. Analytically how i clear my cache manually in all 3 the operating systems:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife AND
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) \ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife AND
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

(Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData - Roaming \ SecondLife AND
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Local \ Secondlife

If you clear your cache this way and the problem remains, you need to download for that computer a previous edition of Viewer 2, having OFF your automatically software updates.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.