Jump to content
Morena Tully

Wish list: Top 4 themes

Recommended Posts

This thread is too soon for me.  I need to wait until after the Vics release, THEN I can think about new themes :)

As OP says, it's too late anyway to influence the next theme, but perhaps in time for the one after that.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

As OP says, it's too late anyway to influence the next theme, but perhaps in time for the one after that.

Per Patch's latest post they are already working on theme 5 & 6, they know what theme 7 will be, and they are currently deciding on theme 8.

So the thread is good timing for possibly influencing theme 8 --- and if Patch decides there should be any more after that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I don't know if this style is feasible considering how regions are laid out but I'd dearly love to live in one. I remember traveling from San Diego to Santa Barbara and seeing these terraced down the mountain sides looking out at the Pacific. 

Image result for mediterraen cliff homes"

Love this idea 😍

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you'd asked me this a couple of years ago I would have probably said the number one for me would be modern or forest setting, or just with lots of plants and greenery, but having experienced the houseboat I think my taste has changed a bit.

My top 4 :

1. Home next to water

Not sure on what the style should be, and I wouldn't mind it on a 512 plot,  but it could be on an island, partial beach, on stilts, or whatever provides the water feel. Island would be awesome, but not a beach hut - too small. Either a house on a land plot that is surrounded by water on all sides instead of having roads and paths between them, or have a handful of homes to an 'island', each surrounded by water. I'd like the landscaping to have  greenery though, not all beach . I love the way some of the houseboats have been done - grassy or sandy,  rocky at the back but looking out onto water so there's a mix of land and water around.

2. Modern minimalist

(open plan, lots of large windows, others have quoted palo alto, so yeah something similar)

3. Houses in a camper style region

I love the camper regions, with all the greenery and rivers landscaping but not fond of campers (size). A simple modern home would do.

4. Something completely different , e.g fantasy, something out of the box, not necessary true to real world.

I think my  perfect home might be modern minimalist in a camper region where the house is overlooking water lol. I think there are so many ideas LL could choose from. Other ones that could be nice to have in SL too:

- floating homes or islands in the air

- Sci-fi theme

- tree houses

 

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

This thread is too soon for me.  I need to wait until after the Vics release, THEN I can think about new themes :)

As OP says, it's too late anyway to influence the next theme, but perhaps in time for the one after that.

I don't think that's true - they haven't got the theme fixed for theme 8 yet, so now's the time to voice what you would like to see! You never know, LL may take into consideration some of what they read here...

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would select, if I had the choice, a house on the water; instead of roads, waterways like these houses in Holland. 
Or something that feels like living in Venice. 
Or something that feels like living in one’s Personal Chateau. 
But my first choice will always be “on the water somehow,” be it canalside or riverside or lakeside... seaside... ❤️

FC47132C-62FE-45CC-95AD-81C794CE0EBC.jpeg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody mentioned tree houses.

image.png.06e017ecfba939ec4b12849674a89b77.png

 

Slightly annoyingly I was playing around with similar ides a full year before Almassov presented this concept. Somebody's been reading my mind again!

Oh well. It wouldn't have worked in Second Life anyway. RL architects can play with wild innovative ideas. In SL we need to be more conservative.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Clarrellae said:

I would select, if I had the choice, a house on the water; instead of roads, waterways like these houses in Holland. 
Or something that feels like living in Venice. 
Or something that feels like living in one’s Personal Chateau. 
But my first choice will always be “on the water somehow,” be it canalside or riverside or lakeside... seaside... ❤️

FC47132C-62FE-45CC-95AD-81C794CE0EBC.jpeg

Oooh I'd love that! ( If the houses were different though:) )

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Why?

SL gives the opportunity to be the opposite.

Yes but as an old timer house builder friend of mine once put it, in the early days of SL architects were enthusiastic about the endless possibilities a virtual world offered but in the end it turned out what people really wanted was castles and mansions.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

In away these style homes are already available in Meadowbrook...

Those houses will be deleted though once there are enough plots available in the new continent.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Morena Tully said:

1) Japanese (imagine the possibilities and beauty)

I'll bet there will be something like this, but I would say make it Asian; with each choice of house being a different Asian ethnic style. Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and other ethnic asian structures do vary in design. I'd love to have something closer to a Chinese or Korean style for myself than something that is clearly and obviously Japanese-specific.

15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Mountain cabins

I would love to see this. Though as crowded (by requisite) as they will have to be, it would take some real creative landscaping to make them look good on a parcel-level, I think (as in plausible for a cami in a wooded or mountainous terrain.)

15 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Mexican, that could as well be Texas. Change between abodes and haciendas, 2 of each?

If you mean Southwestern Adobe-style - I can see the popularity of something like that. It would certainly be a welcome departure from the retro-ish American/European looking stuff that we have now.

15 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Tree houses

Based on one of the pictures @Patch Linden is showing where he stands inside a treehouse - this is a lot more likely than not. Though that picture shows an amazingly large space, it could be a community location, akin to the Campwich Lodge in the Camper community.

As for the fantasy theme; Hobbit home, Faerie home and so on, I would imagine that they has something along these lines in the plan, if not the works already. Though they may be popular, I doubt they would be in as much demand as what we have right now, so the question is where to put them in the work-flow, in the next theme release or two (then be able to judge demand?) or later in the cycle, toward the end of the entire project?

We only see the top 10% of the big picture. I'll take a guess that Patch and team have the nest six or eight months, if not longer, already mapped-out. Which, I'm positive, makes this and other speculation threads very entertaining for them!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

 

2. Modern minimalist

(open plan, lots of large windows, others have quoted palo alto, so yeah something similar)

3. Houses in a camper style region

I love the camper regions, with all the greenery and rivers landscaping but not fond of campers (size). A simple modern home would do.

4. Something completely different , e.g fantasy, something out of the box, not necessary true to real world.

I think my  perfect home might be modern minimalist in a camper region where the house is overlooking water lol. I think there are so many ideas LL could choose from. Other ones that could be nice to have in SL too:

- floating homes or islands in the air

- Sci-fi theme

- tree houses

 

Super YES to all of this! Wish I could like it twice!

 

Me in this thread: 

 

colbert.gif.641d8a797682121bc578242addcc3c85.gif

Edited by Jadziyah
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

@Alyona Su, the picture of Patch Linden is taken in his private home, a treehouse. We could still get a LH treehouse, but I doubt it would be so big as that.

OH! I didn't know that. I *could* stalk Patch, but I don't want to scare him away and then the rest of Bellisseria go unfinished. Then people would hate me more than now. Hahaha!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

@Alyona Su, the picture of Patch Linden is taken in his private home, a treehouse. We could still get a LH treehouse, but I doubt it would be so big as that.

 

My private home is not a tree house, I'm not sure where that's coming from.  😂

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they pretty much have to do something modern to accommodate the Meadowbrook refugees, don't they? open-plan, floor-to-ceiling windows and maybe a built-in swimming pool.

other than that, i think cottages would be perfect for a 512. one or two rooms, thatched roof, chimney, window shutters, a choice between timber and stone walls, one storey or two. set in the forest among winding paths and the occasional startled deer. less out-and-out fantasy than Elderglen but with a definite fairytale vibe.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something fantasy would be great. Preferably one that goes with nature landscaping and not laid out as a grid system. More the way the campers have been done, but fantasy. I like underwater themes too, but with only eight themes, I'm not sure if we'd get more than one fantasy theme.

5 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Yes but as an old timer house builder friend of mine once put it, in the early days of SL architects were enthusiastic about the endless possibilities a virtual world offered but in the end it turned out what people really wanted was castles and mansions.

I live in a giant cake and I'm a mushroom, so not all of us...

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

 

My private home is not a tree house, I'm not sure where that's coming from.  😂

Oh, my mistake.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Modern, large windowed houses with open floor plans

2) Something watery which isn't a houseboat but still is ok for sailing. eg beach house

3) A non fantasy forest house, doesn't have to be a cabin.

4) Space-station

I think the terrain, planting and layout are equally important when it comes to views, sense of privacy and the feeling of being part of a community.

I'm voting for more hills! They are interesting to look at, allow for more visual space out of windows and give the feeling of the plots being wider spaced apart.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...