AnnHerrick

What does that red arrow mean?

I have this red arrow in my house now, after having re-added my Maitreya HUD, which was by no means easy, and it's sort of pointing off in a direction, and I don't know why or what it means. How did I get a red arrow in my house? How do I get rid of it?

It sounds like it's a waypoint arrow. Just click on it and it should disappear. It's where your 'cursor' is on the map, usually pointing to a landmark or your home position.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

I have this red arrow in my house now, after having re-added my Maitreya HUD, which was by no means easy, and it's sort of pointing off in a direction, and I don't know why or what it means. How did I get a red arrow in my house? How do I get rid of it?

open the map, click "clear"

it shows the destination you clicked on ( landmark or map)

Or, follow the arrow to the waypoint.  When you get within a few meters, it will disappear automatically.  If you're using a landmark to get to your home, you can save some trouble by simply using World >>> Set Home to Here (or words to that effect in your favorite viewer). That will define the designated spot as your "Home" location, so you can log in to that spot directly or, in an emergency, you can type CTRL + H to zip there without having to dig through landmarks. 

32 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

CTRL+SHIFT+H.  At least, that's what I always use.  Does just CTRL+H work too?  Must experiment!

Now I'm uncertain.  I just do it by reflex.  I better check next time I log in.

It's funny that we get that red arrow to show us in which direction our destination lies, even though most likely there's no way we could ever fly to it. "It's THAT way. But you still have to teleport."