traffic count

Alishen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

my land traffic shows 0 but my greeter and sales on land shows 25/30+ visitors per day. This been going on for 2 days. Anyone know anything about these types of issues? Should I report it as it's mainland sim and I guess I would have to contact LL as it's not a island .Any advice would be appreciated, I hate paying for ads and not getting the traffic count im paying marketing add cost for.

Edited by Alishen

23 minutes ago, Alishen said:

my land traffic shows 0 but my greeter and sales on land shows 25/30+ visitors per day. This been going on for 2 days. Anyone know anything about these types of issues? Should I report it as it's mainland sim and I guess I would have to contact LL as it's not a island .Any advice would be appreciated, I hate paying for ads and not getting the traffic count im paying marketing add cost for.

i think you confuse visitor count and traffic, those aren't the same.
your greeter counts every person that comes in reach, traffic however only starts counting after a certain amount of time, and is based on the time people stay at your place. Your traffic could be zero even with 1000 people visiting, but stay not long enough to start the traffic count.

just a note: you don't pay for traffic, you pay to advertise

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

That is the strange part, they are buying objects, trying demos and my server will shows sales, demo sales at the number of 20/30 a day so they must be spending time in the shop.For 3 years  20/30 people a day would give me about 800 traffic count.My greeter only tracks at 10 meter distance from the landing and the  shop is in the sky so the traffics been correct until the past 2 days.

Edited by Alishen

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

just a note: you don't pay for traffic, you pay to advertise

just a note the perk of paying for advertising is the effect of traffic count , a number many people take into consideration when choosing a destination to visit, also it's stated in the SL wiki guide to selling in world as  a perk of paying for advertising, LL littory in the wiki they wright list it as a reason to buy adds... so yeah it is...

3 hours ago, Alishen said:

just a note the perk of paying for advertising is the effect of traffic count , a number many people take into consideration when choosing a destination to visit, also it's stated in the SL wiki guide to selling in world as  a perk of paying for advertising, LL littory in the wiki they wright list it as a reason to buy adds... so yeah it is...

Do you have a link to that wiki page?

Since 2006

• In 2006 traffic was changed to be a minute an avatar spends in a parcel[2] but only for avatars that do not move to another parcel (for at least five minutes) within the 24 hour data-collection period. Otherwise, it still works largely according to the pre-2006 model according to the Lab as of May 2008.
  • http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/About_Traffic 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.