Firestorm 64bit

HylianWarrior91

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there, I've been on the Firestorm viewer for iver two years now and haven't had an issue with it on my original system as it has very good specs, however, I'm at my old place for quite sometime and didn't bring it with me cause yeah... but I have my old system here, a kinda old Dell Optiplex 790 Ultra small that has 8gb RAM and an i5 processor, but it has the standard intel graphics and since it is too small a separate graphics card can't be added to it. I tried to run the 64 bit version of Firestorm as that is what I use on my other system but it won't run here it says graphics need to be updated, and they are on their latest update, what I think makes it fail is that it can only be connected via vga, the 32 version of FS loads and works but honestly, it's a big downgrade from 64 bit haha... so since I am stuck with integrated graphics here and my output is vga, anyone knows if there is a way to run 64bit FS on this kinda system, or am I screwed with 32 bit? Thanks for taking the time of reading this by the way if anyone knows a good answer it'd be greatly appreciated, thanks again :)

8 answers to this question

The only main difference in 32 vs 64 bits viewers is reliability, 64bit viewers on a 64bit OS crash less. They are built from the exact same code, have the same features, and should run about the same speed.

Intel stopped supporting some graphics when they reached end of life, which means no updated drivers or drivers for newer OS versions, ever. 

Time to retire that box.

3 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

While logged in on the 32bit version of Firestorm, in the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Help -> About Firestorm, click the "Copy to clipboard" button & paste all your system information here.

Firestorm 6.3.2 (58052) Sep 28 2019 09:08:31 (32bit) (Firestorm-Release) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500S CPU @ 2.70GHz (2693.88 MHz)
Memory: 8073 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.17.10.4459
OpenGL Version: 3.1.0 - Build 9.17.10.4459

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.7
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.00.03
Dullahan: 1.1.1320 / CEF: 3.3626.1895.g7001d56 / Chromium: 72.0.3626.121
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1366x705 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 128 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: High (5/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 512 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2019-12-8T3:9:52 
Built with MSVC version 1800
December 08 2019 13:19:32 SLT

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Yeah, the problem is the Intel HD Graphics 2000.  See this entry in the Firestorm Help Wiki: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_intel_fix_32bit

Yeah I thought it was most likely the graphics since this is a very small yet kinda old tower (2012) and because of the sixe the motherboard doesn't have a graphics card slot, so ima have to use 32 bit on this system, alright thank you all who replied to this you were quite nice :)

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2019 at 8:22 AM, CoffeeDujour said:

The only main difference in 32 vs 64 bits viewers is reliability, 64bit viewers on a 64bit OS crash less. They are built from the exact same code, have the same features, and should run about the same speed.

Intel stopped supporting some graphics when they reached end of life, which means no updated drivers or drivers for newer OS versions, ever. 

Time to retire that box.

hi i have intel graphics on my laptop, and firestorm works fine processer is a i5

5 hours ago, binder59 said:

hi i have intel graphics on my laptop, and firestorm works fine processer is a i5

The specific Intel concern here is the OP's  HD2000.  Intel has not provided drivers to support Windows 10 for that chip for several years now.  See https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005526/graphics-drivers.html .  As Coffee says, the only solution is to upgrade the computer to one that uses a more modern graphics chip or, better, a dedicated graphics card.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1591 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.