We need more sailable water around the Bellisseria edges

Pussycat Catnap

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I tire of whiny people, like most in this thread, who want more for little contribution to SL the creativity, the variety, and yes the economy.

Collapse- no, but hurt those vested in it and reduce the resident contributions - yes.  Not just talking about those with land - what of house builders, and skyboxes, for example now with less populace able to buy due to LL covenants. I am sure there are other businesses negatively impact but its 2 am here.

Economically why would LL do it then? Bottom line - money. It's clear that for existing residents with water side land , and businesses reliant upon people owning their own lands to express their creativity that having LL as a competitor and reducing that pool of customers isn't good for the economics of the residents but obviously good for LL to gain more premium accounts and increase their bottom line.

IMHO,  keep LL homes as a starting point for residents, as a nest, but not so nice that they don't want to push people out to explore and live in the mysteries of the wild weird world of SL rather than coddling them as stepford wives in Wrinkle in Time suburbs. 

Peace.

6 hours ago, Aslan Vlodovic said:

I tire of whiny people, like most in this thread, who want more for little contribution to SL

Economically why would LL do it then? Bottom line - money.

IMHO,  keep LL homes as a starting point for residents, as a nest, but not so nice that they don't want to push people out to explore and live in the mysteries of the wild weird world of SL rather than coddling them as stepford wives in Wrinkle in Time suburbs.

Money... Every single plot on Bellisseria represents about $7-10 / month for LL.

I believe the plan is some 30,000 parcels. That's a revenue stream of $8.50 * 30,000 * 12 = $3 million annual revenue for LL. That's no small contribution to SL right there...

It's in their interests to make sure we stay happy there.

These are not starter homes... that notion went out years ago when even the old Linden Homes were more popular than mainland's blighted lack of a covenant.

I just sold off my last Blake Sea plot... why? Because I cannot control the horrible blight around me there, and the lag that comes with it. I have 2 mainland plots left. One is a tiny boat rezzing spot on a river that is up for sale because... the coasts of that river are blighted and laggy and... I give up trying to convince other people to control their lag...

The other is on a region with only 5 small parcels on it - the biggest or second biggest is mine. Most of it is protected. It's one of the few pieces of mainland with only one blighted parcel... a neighbor who at least keeps her junk inside the walls (mostly)... and despite her using 7,327 temp-rezzed RLV Sexbed devices... she's one person and her best efforts can't bring down the sim enough... but anywhere else in mainland and there will be 3-75 neighbors per region doing that...

Bellisseria is basically the best land in all of SL... because I've toured estate land... some nice builds, overpriced... but not as nice... and they just don't make the same revenue for LL anyway... and... there are so few of that calibur you can probably count them on one hand...

Mainland... with no covenant, not worth it... and customers know... look at how abandoned it is... people won't leave Bellisseria for that... they'll leave SL for some random video game...

I can actually get a NICER house in 'Final Fantasy XIV' than anywhere in SL except for Bellisseria...

- and that's why the plots in Bellisseria go so fast...

And whining...? Seriously?

This is about paying customers asking for communal features that will enhance the product for everyone.

That's not whining, it's voicing consumer interest.

You know how hard it is for many companies to get engaged customers that tell them what they want and what makes them loyal to the brand? That's marketing gold to have that kind of feedback.

Not every consumer request will be acted upon... but it is still extremely valuable to be able to obtain that feedback. This one had some support and some counter-support... all of which is useful to learning consumer demand. It doesn't look like they will act on this one, but I still feel it was good of me to voice it so they can know what some of us desire about the product we are subscribing to.

EDIT:

So... $3million in revenue JUST TO GET THE HOMES... but then that has also driven a wave of buying decorations for homes... which drives up sales in shops and marketplace all through SL's economy... commerce that wasn't happening to the same scale back when most people just stayed homeless because mainland wasn't worth it... I have no idea how to calculate how much sales have increased in the SL economy as a result... I would just imagine it is a huge and dramatic effect... likely much greater than the $3 million figure... maybe even by a factor of 10 or more...
- give people a virtual place to feel like a home and they will go to extremes to liven it up... and that represents a growth model for Linden Lab...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.