Avatar Name showing as (???) (???)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A friend asked me to come and help them on their land.  An avatar is sitting outside her house, they don't rezz so they're an orange cloud and their avatar name reads (???) (???). We can't eject him as the land is a group rental, they don't talk, they have movelock on it appears. 

Has anyone ever seen this before? 

OrangeCloud.thumb.jpg.7919426d9ecc7476a1630bd712dd842e.jpg

2 hours ago, Sammy Fairlady said:

A friend asked me to come and help them on their land.  An avatar is sitting outside her house, they don't rezz so they're an orange cloud and their avatar name reads (???) (???). We can't eject him as the land is a group rental, they don't talk, they have movelock on it appears. 

Has anyone ever seen this before? 

OrangeCloud.thumb.jpg.7919426d9ecc7476a1630bd712dd842e.jpg

I can't help you with your problem, but love your hair, and those shoes! So pretty!

Good luck evicting the Orange Cloud That Does Not Talk! :)

• Like 1

It's a ghosted avatar, which means that the logging-off process didn't complete properly. They think they're logged out, but the avatar is still there. If they try to log in again, they probably won't be able to.

As advised, ask your estate owner to re-start the region, that will kick them out.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

It's a ghosted avatar, which means that the logging-off process didn't complete properly. They think they're logged out, but the avatar is still there. If they try to log in again, they probably won't be able to.

As advised, ask your estate owner to re-start the region, that will kick them out.

Sometimes the new login finishes kicking the old ghost off - at least that worked for me once when one an alt was ghosted.

• Like 1

This script will tell you who the ghosted avatar is.

{
    touch_start(integer total_number)
     {
        llSensor("", "", AGENT, 10, PI*2);
        llOwnerSay("Lets look for paranormal activity. Are you alone? Because I see..");

}

sensor(integer dt){
        while(dt--){
            //llDetectedKey will return NULL_KEY
            llOwnerSay(llDetectedName(dt));
        }
    }
}

This ghost is Freya Finsbury.

Restarting the region should remove the ghost.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

There are several memorials to poor (???)(???) scattered around Bellisseria.

I remember coming across quite a few ghosts in the early days of Bellisseria. I liked to think they were Mole ghosts, lurking to ensure that nobody defaced their handiwork.

Edited by Odaks
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Sometimes the new login finishes kicking the old ghost off - at least that worked for me once when one an alt was ghosted.

Sometimes. If you get the error saying "beginning the logout process" then it's kicked the ghost and you can log in right away. But if you get the error saying "you cannot log in until x time" then you're stuck until the region is  restarted.

I haven't seen that error in a very long time. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.