llAllowInventoryDrop(FALSE) is not working for me

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This issue has been resolved and can be closed.

The apparent failure of llAllowInventorDrop(FALSE) was because the non-group avatar I was testing with had been given blanket permission in Contacts > Friends to edit my objects.

After I removed those permissions and waited 6 hours ( just in case it takes time to percolate through the system) everything is working fine again.

================

I'm a reasonably good scripter in LSL but i cannot get    llAllowInventoryDrop(FALSE) to work for me.  

Symptoms:  once I set    llAllowInventoryDrop(TRUE) one time in my script in a simple prim,  it doesn't seem to matter after that whether I set llAllowInventoryDrop(FALSE) or not, it's always true.

Does anyone recognize this problem?  I'm trying to make a group-specific notecard drop-box script, and want to turn on or off inventory dropping depending on the group tag the user is wearing.

Thanks in advance for any info, pointers to documentation or bug-reports, or other wisdom!

===============

OK, in attempting to make a tiny script that demonstrated this problem,  I realized i have a different problemnothing I do makes my objects so they cannot be modified by other avatars!

This may be why I have the original problem, that llAllowInventoryDrop(FALSE) was not working to stop other people from dropping objects into my prim's inventory.

ok - tracked this down to my having checked "Friend can edit, delete, or take objects"  as permissions in my FRIENDS tab!

Edited by Starlight Harbour
issue is resolved. adding info as to how

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.