Sign in to follow this  
Suriel Mint

Can't see roles tab of my group! "Retrieving role list (1/8)..."

Question

18 answers to this question

Thank you, Cinn! But it did NOT work...

I clicked on clearing group cache and even cleaned the whole cache, restarted SL, updated the group info and, unfortunately, the problem still persists... *sighs

Suriel Mint

Hello Suriel. If you are able to see the roles informationof of other groups and also the rest of the members can see the roles without problems, i think you don't have to worry. It is a temporal problem, maybe a glitch as so many others we have daily. For example yesterday evening in my land, for about 2 hours i couldn't change textures because trying to do that, the window of my inventory with textures, wasnt loaded! The problem was fixed a little later. So for me the best you can do is to wait a little more and if the problem remains, to clear your cache manually:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - AppData \ SecondLife
(Vista) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData - Local \ SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData - Roaming \ SecondLife AND
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Local \ Secondlife

Delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

Let us know if your problem fixed.

Sometimes if you switch tabs in Group Info before the members list on the main page is fully loaded, the other tabs don`t load properly. Happens a lot to me with the land tab, especially on large groups.

Thank you very much LoveAngel! I deleted everything in the cache folder (I did a copy of the chat / IM logs first), restarted the computer and SL but THE PROBLEM PERSISTS... it is almost a day now since this weird thing is going on hehe

But I really appreciate your suggestions, honestly, please let me know if you can come up with something else. Anything will be really welcome.

Suriel Mint

PS. Could it have something to do with the fact of me having the viewer in Spanish? I doubt it, but will try the English version (just in case).

I have waited more than 10 minutes before switching tabs lol but THE PROBLEM PERSISTS... it is almost a day now since this weird thing is going on hehe

I really appreciate your suggestions, honestly, please let me know if you can come up with something else. Anything will be really welcome.

Suriel Mint

PS. Could it have something to do with the fact of me having the viewer in Spanish? I doubt it, but will try the English version (just in case).

Try leaving the group and rejoining it again. If it is your group and you are the only owner, you can make an Alt into owner so that you can promote yourself back to owner when you rejoin.

Well thought, Peewee. But yes, I am the only owner and can't come up with a way of making someone else (even an alt) an owner if I do not have access to the roles and members tabs...

Also: I cannot see the roles and members tabs of the group if I log with an alt. character (who is actually a plain member) either

I should have mentioned that information before, sorry ;)

Oooh now thats interesting, sounds related to your computer somehow, but still strange that it only affects one group.

You could kick your alt out of the group and then invite it back directly to the owner role & your alt can do the same for you after you leave. I just checked in my group and Owners appears as one of the options that I allowed to invite to.

EDIT: As it affects your alt too, you only need to kick your alt and invite it back come to think of it, if it doesn`t fix your alt it won`t fix you lol

Hey Peewee, I tried from a different computer and the problem remains hehe (that is even more strange, isn't it?). And I cannot send group invites to anybody, that is the problem: "I cannot invite new members either as in the role selection window it is always said "loading...".

Thanks for dedicating some time to come up with solutions, though :) I really appreciate it.

Suriel Mint

I looked at his group, and NO ROLES are showing for me

Clearing cache wont help in this case, I would suggest to send LL a ticket and wait for their support

Thanks to everyone! THE PROBLEM IS FIXED! It looks like the right solution was:

1. Ask a trustable friend to change the group settings from your account and add herself as an owner in case a tragedy happens lol

2. Delete all roles and leave / come back to the group.

3. Amazingly, the information is displayed again.

Suriel Mint

Great news that you fixed it, but that does sound like a bug of some sort. You could try submitting a JIRA explaining what happened and the lengths you had to go to to fix it, because no fix should depend on people needing to trust another resident with their account. Hopefully your fix will help them work out the cause of the problem. WTG!!!